ProfessorFlora's 10 Strain 200W LED Organic Soil Grow

This is really cool and like Hh said really inspiring. We have a compost bin in the back yard but I only put yard waste in it like grass clippings and waste from pruning trees and other things. I also put all my root balls from my indoor growing out there too. I don't put any of my kitchen waste in there though but I should probably start doing that. Looking forward to how those auto's turn out. Hope your having a good weekend buddy.
Hey N! Composting just yard waste is fine. That's how I started but I couldn't help wondering what happens to the food waste. For years I thought that it was probably good for the planet and it was being dealt with properly. Then the more I looked into it I started to realise that it was incredibly bad. I assumed that it was probably used agriculturally but apparently not. Most of it goes into pits to rot which doesn't sound to dissimilar to what I'm doing at home. The problem is that there is just far too much to decompose properly and it creates an anerobic environment in which huge amounts of methane are released into the atmosphere. There's a lot of stuff being wasted that's so good for the environment and is ironically being turned into something very bad for the environment. Penny's just made a good point whichever I'll talk about in a moment
That poor little piggy gave his life to have it end up garbage. :( I’m glad you’re putting it to use Prof. :goodjob:
There's a lot of energy in meat. If you think about just how much a pig has to consume to reach its full size. Well all that energy is contained within the meat. When it decomposes that energy is then released back into the eco system. What I'm trying to say is that grass clippings are good but it doesn't take a lot to grow grass so you don't get as much in return from it when it decomposes. If you had a compost that was made entirely from grass clippings and cardboard it wouldn't contain as much goodness as compost with more variety in it. I know that my mix grows bushes and tress very well. Tomatoes are also great when feed with it. I don't think you could grow tomatoes as well using the grass compost as you could with more variety.
You’re making some nice humus but go easy on the meat scraps. It can breed some nasty microbes.
''Tis true but I'm very careful and only put meat in the bins. E.coli is a risk with meat and manure but as long as basic hygiene is followed then there should be no problems. One of the reasons I use the bins for meat is so that's no one can touch it by mistake. I would love to just throw the pork, chicken and everything else on the garden but the animals would smell it from miles around and come and eat it over night. I've tried lol. I keep the lids on the bins which helps with the flies which could be a means of bacteria spreading. I just can't bring myself to throw it out. I have a level 3 food supervisors certificate which is the highest food qualification in the uk amd understand the risks associated with soil born diseases. I always wash my hands after dealing with any kind of soil whether it's been pasteurised or not. One way to tell if there is anaerobic decomposition is that there is a terrible smell associated with it. I wait until my soil smells like sweet vinegar before I use it....normally

:passitleft:

Looks great Profeesor! Of course as a kind suggestion I would at the very least do a analysis on it to find out how much of what is in it. My first thinking is really rich in N, and probably hot. Good to seeing you taking a step in organic recycling.
:goodluck:
I imagine that it would be really hot. Compost teas would be a good idea to see if it hot or not. I could try it on some seedlings (non cannabis) to see if they fry. How would I go about getting it analysed? Thanks Sauga

I imagine that it would be really hot. Compost teas would be a good idea to see if it hot or not. I could try it on some seedlings (non cannabis) to see if they fry. How would I go about getting it analysed? Thanks Sauga
You would have to go to a lab or similar that does soil testing. I suppose you could send the sample in by mail. Here's a link to start you off if interested.

Wilma Grow Flowering Day 25....

I've been messing around with the camera to try and get some better and less blue pics. I kind of succeeded but now the Fat Purple looks too dark lol. Oh well. Overall I'm very happy with how these turned out after the near (actual) disaster. There's a new development in here and that is the smell. 2 of them are giving off a real pong and they are the Pineapple Express which smells like tropical lemonade and also the Purple Trainwreck which has the "purple" smell. The purple smell comes from the Mendo Purps which features in her genetics. I can't believe I gave away the Pineapple Express though. What an awesome plant so far. It's a good thing that it's not a difficult strain to obtain. G13 Labs are a big breeder and their strains are always in stock. I find G13 Labs to be a bit hit and miss. I've had some amazing smoke as well as some utter shite from them in the past. One of my favourites from them is the Double Black. If you ever get a chance to grow it you won't be disappointed. It's a Black Domina x Black Domina and is very tasty and potent. Straight up indica with sleepy and appetite stimulating effects. Another I'd recommend for them is their Purple Haze. I thought that it was going to be a bit of a let down but it delivered some fantastic smoke which boasts flavour and potency. The yield is average and nothing to shout about but still well worth checking out. That strain is featured in this journal for anyone who may not no. The Double Black is featured in my previous journal if anyone would like to see how that one went. I've gone on another ramble there but who cares. The Pineapple Express seems to be a very good strain so far and I really can't fault it. I'm just glad that I didn't give Lil HH to the brother in law as I would have had to contact him and let him know that things were about to go south. The Purple Trainwreck is from Humboldt Seeds which for me is another really hit or miss company. There's a lot of confusion surrounding HS as to just what their company actually is. Is it a British company pretending to be from Humboldt county. Are they Spanish? I'm not sure. What I do know is that I've grown many of their strains with mixed results. They have the classic Blue Dream which I didn't rate much at all. The plants were big and vigourous and looked pretty amazing. Sounds great but 3 out of 4 hermied like crazy. Not quite as bad as the Tropicanna Banana did recently but it was still bad. On the other hand they have strains like
The EmDog which is greater in collaboration with Dr Greenthumbs. That strain was really nice. Chem 4 x OG Kush (The Crippy pheno which I believe is Florida OG. Maybe Penny could correct me if I'm wrong). That was the best strain I had ever grown up to that point. This Purple Trainwreck feels like it's going to be a good one. She has the smell and an awesome structure which I haven't seen for a while. I'm looking forward to running this one again but under more favourable conditions so I can see what she's made of. I've read that Trainwreck is notorious for going hermie but have no experience with them so I don't know if that's true or not. This strain appears to have the potential for some serious yields but we'll have to wait and see how that pans out. The Fat Purple is from Hazemans which I have no experience with. I've heard many great things though and after seeing what the FP has been like so far I'm very impressed. The FP is also my very first female regular seed so she holds a special place in my heart just because of that. I've no time done a good job with the FP tough and although she's very pretty there won't be a lot come the end. Not much of a smell from this one yet but it's still early. I will most definitely be doing it again though. Unless she hermies or tastes absolutely terrible it looks like she'll be a keeper. The Black Kush from Cali Connection I've done before. Not very well mind you but I had a go. The smoke was very nice but her yields were pretty low and the plant was a tad finicky. This pheno is already completely different to my previous attempt though so I still feel like it's a new strain. This ones doing way better than the last but she has hermied so the decision to not run her in the future has already been made. So far she under control but I have my eye on her. I've just realised how much I've been talking so it's probably time for some pics. Sorry....
ORG_DSC09798.JPG
ORG_DSC09799.JPG

Purple Trainwreck....
ORG_DSC09800.JPG
ORG_DSC09804.JPG

Pineapple Express....
ORG_DSC09801.JPG
ORG_DSC09805.JPG

Fat Purple....
ORG_DSC09802.JPG
ORG_DSC09806.JPG

Lil HH (Black Kush)....
ORG_DSC09803.JPG
ORG_DSC09807.JPG

Who'd like to see some roots? If I scrape back the very top of the clay pebbles this is what you can see....

Here are the Fat Purple's....
ORG_DSC09808.JPG

And this is the Purple Trainwreck's....
ORG_DSC09810.JPG

@Heavenly Hybrid earlier you called me a Mad Professor. Well I just shaved my head and now I'm wondering what I could do with the resulting trim lol. I could just mix it into my compost as slow release fertiliser or maybe start some seeds in it lol. I've lost my mind!....
ORG_DSC09812.JPG

I didn't have much to begin with....
ORG_DSC09813.JPG

@Heavenly Hybrid earlier you called me a Mad Professor. Well I just shaved my head and now I'm wondering what I could do with the resulting trim lol. I could just mix it into my compost as slow release fertiliser or maybe start some seeds in it lol. I've lost my mind!....
ORG_DSC09812.JPG

I didn't have much to begin with....
ORG_DSC09813.JPG

SHOW US THE HEAD!!!!!

That fat purple is amazing looking. :thedoubletake:

Everything okay?
Thanks Bobby. Yep, everything is cool at this end. Even cooler now that I have no hair. The missus took the kids out for the day which is why I've been so chatty and productive. I'm being supervised again now though

Glad you’ve got some supervision again! Thought we might need to ring that asylum for a wellness check. Either that or you’ve been smoking some of your meth buds. :laughtwo: :love:
The Meth buds are long gone. Can't you tell?

Back
Top Bottom