ProfessorFlora's 10 Strain 200W LED Organic Soil Grow

Just out of curiosity, it #4 the tallest or seemingly getting the most lux from the three lights?
To be honest I think it's just the camera. I think number 6 is the tallest currently but it's close. Like I said, there's really not much between them. There's one that stands out as the shortest though

The rest of the cupboard is looking very good. I mentioned the fungus gnats returning earlier. The little shits are only going in through the holes in the bottom of the pots! I've observed several of them doing it. Not a problem as I could put sand in the tray and sit the pots in that. They are definitely reduced in numbers though. In fact there's hardly any but they are still there. None of the plants look stressed like before though so I'm happy. Not much to say about these other than that they're all still alive and kicking. I'll try though....
ORG_DSC09716.JPG

Fat Purple....

This is a good example of a bonsai mother. She's healthy, growing well and has handled the constant trims without complaint. After seeing a sneak peak at what she's capable of I'm treating her with loving care....
ORG_DSC09719.JPG

Purple Trainwreck....

Possibly an even better example of a bonsai mum. She's smaller that's for sure however I don't think she's quite as tough as the FP. That's only a hunch though and so far she's handled everything which has been thrown at her. Again I'm quite happy with this plant during flower and so far it looks like she may be around for a while....
ORG_DSC09721.JPG

The 2 Crumbled Lime....

Both of these are good looking and healthy. Just like the HPD's there's barely any difference between the phenos with one just being a tiny bit shorter than the other. Hopefully we'll be able to take a clone from these before the next round begins....
ORG_DSC09722.JPG

Next is the Exotic Genetix strains. Individual pics coming up....
ORG_DSC09736.JPG

Because of the clones I've had the light slightly higher than I would normally and as a result the plants are growing a little slower than they're capable of. They are growing though and all look happy at the moment. I won't trim these again until I take the clones for the next round which will be in a week or 2. This time I'll grow out the clones and keep these as the mothers which I didn't do previously. I'll take multiple cuttings of each for a better chance of success. I'll be watering some of these tomorrow by the feel of it. Not the Cream D' Mint though. She's been crying since having her fans removed last week....

Cream D' Mint....
ORG_DSC09724.JPG

Chromatose....
ORG_DSC09727.JPG

Shaved Monkey....
ORG_DSC09730.JPG

Wonka Bars....
ORG_DSC09733.JPG

Double D's....
ORG_DSC09729.JPG

Hoe Down....
ORG_DSC09731.JPG

Crunk Boat....
ORG_DSC09732.JPG

You certainly have the hang of keeping them small! I'm going to stick with mini-bushes though.
I'd like to try and keep at least one of these like this for a year. Then I'll be happy that this is a safe and viable option for keeping plants. I have done it in the past with a few but they were a little larger than this. I killed them by mistake though so I'm aware that things can change in a heartbeat. One of them got root rot which then spread to the other 3 because they were sharing a tray. At least that's my theory on what's happened. It was all so fast. One week they were all happy then the next DEAD! Melted like Mini VG but without being trimmed like she was.

I finally found the cat. @Heavenly Hybrid. I thought you had best see this....
ORG_DSC09585.JPG
ORG_DSC09586.JPG
ORG_DSC09587.JPG
ORG_DSC09598.JPG
ORG_DSC09599.JPG
ORG_DSC09602.JPG
ORG_DSC09606.JPG

Once the pot falls over that's it. It's like it's tainted or something. Chairman Meow wasn't as hungry as usual and if need be we could have saved the Lil HH mother. It would have been a an annoying setback though.

That concludes our don't trust animals section. I hope you've learnt something as I haven't.

Lil HH, we salute you :Namaste:

Hey 420! I have a few updates coming up this evening. Most things are doing well in this thread at the moment. The fungus gnats are back in the veg cupboard but other than that we are doing well. I'm getting everything ready for the shutdown in early March and also planning my next journal in which well be focusing on going eco and tiny. I'll be reducing everything except the plant count which surprisingly I'll be increasing. I'll be focusing on obtaining high GPW using low wattage lighting. The whole grow room will be working off just 500w of lighting spread over 3 tents. The veg tent will have the 100w 7000k floodlight, the 2ft x 2.5ft tent will have the 100w quantum board and the 2ft x 4ft ten tent will have the 200w COB LED's. I'll be attempting to break some personal records whilst keeping things miniature. We'll be cycling through the mothers as well as growing out some new strains which could potentially become mothers. I'll be working in a much smaller and more claustrophobic environment which is how it all began for me. The luxury of being able to walk 3 steps before opening another tent is over so I'm going to have to reduce my equipment otherwise it'll be like growing in a store room. Good opportunity for a bit of a throw out and a chance to get everything in order again. I'll still be experimenting with ideas and hopefully I can bring something new and interesting to the table. I'm looking forward to this. Right. Time for some updates! First up we have....

Wilma Grow Flowering Day 23....

Hey 420! It's me again! @InTheShed I remember you asking me as a kind of a joke about what the benefits of using the Wilma system actually were. Well to be honest I can't believe how well these plants are doing now after what they looked like 3 weeks ago. They're better than many plants that I've grown which I'd call a success. Just imagine how they would have looked if they had been of a good size and growing healthily when flowered. The Purple Trainwreck had almost no growth tips when I flowered them and now she's almost impressive. Scratch that. She is impressive! I promise that I'll do a good grow using the system at some point in the near future. Here's what we have today though. These plants are chilling whilst sipping on some MegaCrop at the wrong amount of 7g per gallon. They look happy though. MegaCrop must be pretty forgiving as I've been feeding all of my flowering plants at that amount since I started using MegaCrop lol. Most of them didn't even have any burnt tips for most of their lives. The Ayahuasca Purple for example was stunning the entire time during flower. Then there was the Purple Punch. Can't win them all I guess. I'm pretty happy with these for what stage they're at. The Pineapple Express is flying and I did the total Professor thing and gave away the mother. He should be putting his into flower by now. Actually while I'm on this point you'll never believe what he did. He rinced all the soil of the the root ball and stuck it in a DWC pot. With great success! That plant had a solid rootball when I checked just before I gave it to him. As we say in the uk, hats off to him lol. Crazy bastard. Anyway, he's going to be shocked when he sees how fast and strong this plant is. The Fat Purple is still doing its thing which is bleeding a wonderful colour down it leaves. Such a beautiful plant. I feel happy and lucky to have such a pretty lady. She's not passed all of the tests quite yet though and it all comes down to the smoke at the end. No point having a beautiful but terrible tasting strain. Potency will also be a deciding factor as I need my meds to have a kick. I can't grade her on yield though as I had a bad start and didn't get the structure I needed before flower. I've not actually given any of these a sniff yet but the tent smells pretty good when you open it up. I've opened up lil HH and given her a check for more pollen sacks. I found 5 more so she's definitely not a keeper which is a shame but these things happen. Also I don't like her structure quite as much as the rest as she is leafy and a bit wild. So far out of these four my favourite in terms of vigour and growth is the Purple Trainwreck. She just wants to grow flat. Her canopy is naturally table top like and will make for some seriously easy training. Things could easily change but so far she screams keeper. Again though, it's all about the end. That's enough for this one, here's what we have today. Apologies for the blue pics. Bloody camera!....
ORG_DSC09694.JPG
ORG_DSC09695.JPG

Purple Trainwreck....
ORG_DSC09696.JPG
ORG_DSC09697.JPG

Pineapple Express....
ORG_DSC09698.JPG
ORG_DSC09699.JPG

Fat Purple....
ORG_DSC09700.JPG
ORG_DSC09701.JPG

Lil HH (Black Kush)....
ORG_DSC09702.JPG
ORG_DSC09703.JPG
That purple is rediculous. I love weed.

Shame about the hermies, what bad luck. Rest of the garden is looking great though. Your Crumbled Limes really do look identical. I’m with you on the low power growing and trying to save on the bills. I’d like some of the low power fans but they are so expensive to initially buy but pay for themselves in time.
Much on for the weekend mate?
Have you seen the movie Hot Fuzz? That's more like where I live
One of the main characters wears the football shirt in that film of the team I’m a die hard fan of. We don’t get much publicity normally! Lol.

"Ewww...now it's dirty!"
Pretty much. Typical cat
Goooood kitty. :yummy:
Don't encourage it!
That purple is rediculous. I love weed.
me too Fudo! Gotta love the purple as well
Shame about the hermies, what bad luck. Rest of the garden is looking great though. Your Crumbled Limes really do look identical. I’m with you on the low power growing and trying to save on the bills. I’d like some of the low power fans but they are so expensive to initially buy but pay for themselves in time.
Much on for the weekend mate?

One of the main characters wears the football shirt in that film of the team I’m a die hard fan of. We don’t get much publicity normally! Lol.
Hey Lew. The low power also means less heat and that's going to be my enemy in the new grow space. Last time I grew in there I lost an entire grow during the heatwave. Now my lights are much better and I know I'll be able to keep it cool enough. I had 1000w of led and it was just too much. I couldn't turn any of them down as they didn't have dimmers and it was easily as hot as running a 600w HPS. The temps got to just below 40C which my plants didn't enjoy. It was one of the only grows I've pulled the plug and gave up on 3/4 of the way to harvest. Hopefully I won't be up to much on the weekend. I'd like to get outside and do some legal gardening while the weathers ok. I've got lots of composting to do

Hey 420! I thought I'd do something a little different today and show you the beginnings of an upcoming experiment. Composting has been something I've really got stuck into recently and as everyone is getting into LOS growing I thought I'd show you what I've been making over the last year or so.

Composting is boring, annoying and to be honest really hard work. Separating greens and browns, making sure it doesn't dry out or get too wet, making sure you don't pollute the garden with diseased or toxic matter and worst of all is having to follow those lists of what to and what not to put in the compost. Well you know what Prof says....fuck it!

I honsetly don't care. Composting is literally decaying matter. That's all it is. When something hits the floor nature gets to work consuming it and absorbing it back into the planet. Animals eat it and crap it out miles away. The elements erode it and eventually everything which made up whatever it was which hit the floor is washed back into the earth. People put so much effort into making something which is going to happen anyway. Some people pay to have garden waste taken away only to then go and buy bags of compost. They already had compost! They just didn't realise it. I've been reading books by David the Good which explains everything in a way which then makes you think that everyone is mad. We all throw plant food away all the time. Food waste, weeds, wood piles and papers and textiles. So much waste. I personally don't throw any food waste away anymore and would rather throw it by the side of a road and allow foxes to scavenge and return it to the earth. Not everyone agrees with me on that one but it's better than a landfill. Way better. Kitchen waste in particular is amazing plant food with so much variety it contains much of what plants need to thrive. I'd like to show you some of my compost and what my plants will be eating in the future. My tomatoes, herbs and fruit trees will all be fed this stuff and I'm going to try and grow some autoflowers in it as an experiment. Look at this....
ORG_DSC09763.JPG

What you're looking at there appears to be some ordinary compost. Looks like I could have purchased it from anywhere but this stuff contains "everything". It's taken me a year to produce but I think that it's going to be worth it. It certainly will be for the outside garden but whether it works for cannabis that remains to be seen. We're going to find out though....
ORG_DSC09765.JPG
ORG_DSC09766.JPG

This stuff is still too wet but I don't need it until April or May so it should be good by then. Here's how my bins look at the moment. This first bin is still being filled and probably won't be used this year. If you look closely you can see the Tropicanna Banana....
ORG_DSC09767.JPG

This next bin is being left to mature and decompose. I haven't put anything green in here for a little while and have just been adding the odd brown item to soak up some moisture every now and then....
ORG_DSC09769.JPG

It's hard to believe what's gone into this mix but let me tell you that it isn't pleasant. There are entire animal corpses, animal waste from chickens, dogs and cats and literally everything you can thinking off from the kitchen. All of my plant waste from my time on 420, wood, paper, string, weeds and clothing. There's so much meat in there that I had an invasion of maggots spread out across the drive and down the lane once when we had heavy rain. There were thousands! Good. Maggots help decompose matter which could attract worse pests. It all becomes the same in the end. It all becomes this....
ORG_DSC09770.JPG

That's just one method of composting I'm trying at the moment. Another even easier method is to just put waste straight into the pots. Here's a rosemary cutting that I was given last year which I'm feeding with potatoes and joint roaches....
ORG_DSC09771.JPG
ORG_DSC09772.JPG
ORG_DSC09775.JPG

I put other stuff in here when I remember. Spoilt milk, coffee and scraps which the kids leave after dinner all go in....
ORG_DSC09774.JPG

What's interesting about the potatoes is that they're actually rooting and I have to move them about every now and then to stop them growing lol.

Continued....

I do an even crazier method of producing soil for growing plants in. Check this out....

Here's my families kitchen waste....
ORG_DSC09779.JPG

Now, I don't actually have much kitchen waste but the inlaws are terribly wasteful. I can't believe how much money they waste. Their loss is my gain. That tub is only a weeks worth of waste....
ORG_DSC09780.JPG

What I do with it is to simply put it straight into a plant pot. The 10 gallon plastic pots are perfect. Let's look at some of what we have....
ORG_DSC09781.JPG

That was an entire chicken carcass. Must be hundreds of these in my mixes. Here's some pork belly slices. Who wastes pork belly!....
ORG_DSC09782.JPG

I always check the waste as I don't trust my family lol. Here's a cucumber in its plastic wrapping. That has to come out....
ORG_DSC09783.JPG

All gone!. I removed that bit of elasticated string as it contains plastic....
ORG_DSC09787.JPG

What we have now is a bucket of sloppy mess which will become a rich compost with almost no work at all....
ORG_DSC09785.JPG

The final step is to add a layer of potting mix to the top of that mess and simply leave it. I'll plant a tomato plant straight on top of that and not think about it ever again.

The final method of composting which I do is to simply throw it on the ground. Whatever it is I just throw it on the ground. All of my flower beds and plant pots are covered in waste. My family think I'm mad and I'm ok with that lol. The waste always disappears and the garden always looks good. I just wish that they'd pay attention and make the link between me throwing "rubbish" around and the garden becoming significantly better looking.

Here's what the kitchen waste looks like after a couple months sitting in a plant pot....
ORG_DSC09776.JPG
ORG_DSC09777.JPG
ORG_DSC09778.JPG

Now I just have to try and feed some cannabis like it. Happy growing everyone
:passitleft:

Inspiring Professor!! You’ve already got me thinking about how much food waste I’m throwing away wasting! Can’t wait to read more. :nomo:
Thanks HH. I'm trying to do my little bit for the planet and if I can benefit my garden at the same time then it's a win win. I really can't recommend reading David the Goods books enough though. Give him a google and download his free 28 page booklet about composting. It's one of the most eye opening things I've ever read concerning recycling, soil fertility and the natural processes as a whole.

This is really cool and like Hh said really inspiring. We have a compost bin in the back yard but I only put yard waste in it like grass clippings and waste from pruning trees and other things. I also put all my root balls from my indoor growing out there too. I don't put any of my kitchen waste in there though but I should probably start doing that. Looking forward to how those auto's turn out. Hope your having a good weekend buddy.

Back
Top Bottom