PW's First Attempt At Aeroponics & PS1000 LED

Question for those following Pennywise's thread. Hopefully someone can assist here, posting at the suggestion of Pennywise.

I'm growing in organic soil, not a sponsor. But it's super soil, and even states on the bag it is great to use for cannabis. BlueSky Organics SUPER SOIL

Ingredients: Coconut Fiber, Composted Forest Material, Feather Meal, Fish Bone Meal, Guano, Gypsum, Greensand, Kelp Meal, Mycorrhizae, Non-GMO Alfalfa Meal, Organic pH Adjusters, Peat Moss, Perlite, Rock Dust, Rock Phosphate, Soybean Meal, Wormcastings.

Now my question is in regards to PH. When I first started my grow I wasn't ph'ing my water properly. 3-4 weeks in I realized that the method I used for PH'ing was flawed, and I corrected that going forward. Thinking that issue at the time was related to PH, but I believe now that it was calcium.

Fast forward to today, and everything I read states that I should NOT be ph'ing my water because it is damaging to the micro life in the soil, and that this soil takes care of monitoring the ph. Adjusting your pH when growing in soil damaging your plants!

So having said that, I should stop ph'ing my water due to the organic adjusters in the soil....right?

Many organic growers don't pH....some are even smug about it. Dolomite lime is often used in soil mixes to keep pH within an acceptable range. You can do fine without checking pH, but if you want best results & high potential plants, you can't beat the precision you will get by always checking pH. I am full organic & pH every solution. Good to do together with soil slurry tests to give you both soil pH & soil TDS. Checking pH won't impact your microbes. That's some crazy info. Mix, pH to desired level....add microbes last. :Namaste:

Many organic growers don't pH....some are even smug about it. Dolomite lime is often used in soil mixes to keep pH within an acceptable range. You can do fine without checking pH, but if you want best results & high potential plants, you can't beat the precision you will get by always checking pH. I am full organic & pH every solution. Good to do together with soil slurry tests to give you both soil pH & soil TDS. Checking pH won't impact your microbes. That's some crazy info. Mix, pH to desired level....add microbes last. :Namaste:
Ok, but in my soul the microbs are already in it. So with my ph adjusting solution I'm not damaging the "good stuff" in the soil? Carry on with water, nutes, ph adjust, give to plant.

PW, these things are so good in my eye's. I am really looking forward to hearing your experience with them. I have not played with the other lights to make a comparison other then everything I throw under them grows like crazy.

Well my 2 First 48 have lived a rough life so far with high temps. Today when the lights come on the plants were praying to the boards really quick. These Quantums just might be the ticket!

Just watch them and sneak up on the distance. They pack even more punch then they appear to. I start turned down as low as they go and at 30-32" . If you leave them turned down and just move them closer they hardly pull any watts. The gals will tell ya. As crazy as this sounds my plants done better when I turned it down and moved it away from them. Ya, I started a little to close and had the go big go home mind set. Then was able to move it closer.

A little pH adjuster in your solution won't harm your microbes. Best to reinoculate microbes periodically to keep high population. :Namaste:
Community never ceases to amaze me. Thank you brightlight. And thank you Pennywise for letting me barge in on your thread. I will continue on with the ph path!

Question for those following Pennywise's thread. Hopefully someone can assist here, posting at the suggestion of Pennywise.

I'm growing in organic soil, not a sponsor. But it's super soil, and even states on the bag it is great to use for cannabis. BlueSky Organics. SUPER SOIL

Ingredients: Coconut Fiber, Composted Forest Material, Feather Meal, Fish Bone Meal, Guano, Gypsum, Greensand, Kelp Meal, Mycorrhizae, Non-GMO Alfalfa Meal, Organic pH Adjusters, Peat Moss, Perlite, Rock Dust, Rock Phosphate, Soybean Meal, Wormcastings.

Now my question is in regards to PH. When I first started my grow I wasn't ph'ing my water properly. 3-4 weeks in I realized that the method I used for PH'ing was flawed, and I corrected that going forward. Thinking that issue at the time was related to PH, but I believe now that it was calcium.

Fast forward to today, and everything I read states that I should NOT be ph'ing my water because it is damaging to the micro life in the soil, and that this soil takes care of monitoring the ph. Adjusting your pH when growing in soil damaging your plants!

So having said that, I should stop ph'ing my water due to the organic adjusters in the soil....right?
im not a soil grower but I'd say stop see how she responds keep us posted

Looks like bl has your back on the soil ...my first DIY organic soil this year(most of the ingredients in yours)...I only PH soil before planting(mid 6's...I'm good to go) and just watch for any needs(i.e. magnesium/calcium)...been adding a product called recharge(beneficial microbes) every 2'nd or 3'rd watering in addition to my organic nutes...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Any soil guys here want to help out?
Hi, soil...let nature takes its course. I understand adding all the extra amendments but keep it simple. Soil is a living creature(s)and just let them do their job. No tilling, added more soil on top to trickle down and those living organisms will do just fine. It does take longer but end the end u will be happy with letting it ride. Just add water

Hi, soil...let nature takes its course. I understand adding all the extra amendments but keep it simple. Soil is a living creature(s)and just let them do their job. No tilling, added more soil on top to trickle down and those living organisms will do just fine. It does take longer but end the end u will be happy with letting it ride. Just add water

I agree..to an extant...but, not all soils are created equal...so, we make our own...given so many geographical locations...especially when trying to maximize a harvest...I embrace KISS...werks' for Me...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Back
Top Bottom