PW's First Attempt At Aeroponics & PS1000 LED

We're impressed by your well hungness. LoL but damn brother it sure looks awesome. How much did you pay for that kit and what the basic coverage of one of those boards? 2*2?

They list veg footprint at 4' x 4'
Flowering footprint at 3' x 3' or 2' x4'
The kit is around $350 with free shipping in the US

Just hung my 260 watt Quantum board rig.
420-magazine-mobile1397899990.jpg
420-magazine-mobile220979115.jpg
420-magazine-mobile788084980.jpg
420-magazine-mobile44282203.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1863404490.jpg

I'm so jealous! Every time I look on there website there sold out. I'm stoked you have one though, now I can see what the results will be.

I'm so jealous! Every time I look on there website there sold out. I'm stoked you have one though, now I can see what the results will be.

The next shipment should be in 2 weeks or so, check their site often because they will give a heads up on the new shipment. You'll see it at the bottom of the main page.

The next shipment should be in 2 weeks or so, check their site often because they will give a heads up on the new shipment. You'll see it at the bottom of the main page.

I must of skipped pass the email updates, did you put this board together yourself?

im not a soil grower but I'd say stop see how she responds keep us posted

KingJoe...pHing water with a product like PH Down or PH Up isn't good. It can hurt your soil. But I recommend using Earth Juice crystals as a pH adjuster. Do you have any idea what your water's pH is without any adjusting? If you can keep feeding water that is in the 6.5-7.0 range, you will have the best results. Those Earth Juice crystals are natural and won't hurt any of beneficial organisms in your soil. They are all I do in my grows, adjust the water pH (mine is about 9.1 without adjusting and would screw up my soil big time if I didn't adjust). I think you would be very pleased if you tried that product....but be warned, it doesn't take much of crystals to adjust your pH. And if you are adding anything else to the water, any liquid silica or kelp, make sure you adjust the pH after you add the other stuff. Silica is very alkaline and will raise your pH drastically so adjust it after you add anything else.

Yes took 30 minutes with a philips screwdriver and a wire stripper, 3 of the wires from the driver are stranded so i tinned them with a soldering iron for piece of mind. No doubt my next one will be like 10 or 15 minutes to assemble. Its 260 watts at the wall and i dimmed them 50% and had it at 21" from plant but had to raise the light this morning. Virtually no heat from the bottom of the light. The heat sink is doing a fantastic job.

Looks like bl has your back on the soil ...my first DIY organic soil this year(most of the ingredients in yours)...I only PH soil before planting(mid 6's...I'm good to go) and just watch for any needs(i.e. magnesium/calcium)...been adding a product called recharge(beneficial microbes) every 2'nd or 3'rd watering in addition to my organic nutes...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

How do you like that recharge? I picked a small thing of it up and I was going to run an experiment on one or two plants this grow and see if I could tell any difference between soil with nothing added and the soil with the recharge being used every other watering. Curious if you see any difference.

I am working my way backwards on the pages I have missed, but what brand light is this? Is it another one from Neil?

No its a kit from Horticultural lighting group. It uses quantum board led panels. You have to assemble it yourself.

PW's First Attempt At Aeroponics & PS1000 LED

Yes took 30 minutes with a philips screwdriver and a wire stripper, 3 of the wires from the driver are stranded so i tinned them with a soldering iron for piece of mind. No doubt my next one will be like 10 or 15 minutes to assemble. Its 260 watts at the wall and i dimmed them 50% and had it at 21" from plant but had to raise the light this morning. Virtually no heat from the bottom of the light. The heat sink is doing a fantastic job.

These new panels are really going to make led distributers have to step up there game and drop their prices. I can't wait to add one.

Ok, but in my soul the microbs are already in it. So with my ph adjusting solution I'm not damaging the "good stuff" in the soil? Carry on with water, nutes, ph adjust, give to plant.

Hey MrFortwenty. Do you know what your baseline pH in your water is? I know that BL already weighed in and I agree completely with his comment. If you have the right buffering amendments in your soil, you could probably get away with not pH'ing your water, but why not provide your plant with the absolute best environment to flourish in. If you have crazy water like I do......9.1 pH, I am not putting that crap in my soil and risking it messing with my soil's pH which is a nice 6.5. So I use the organic Earth Juice crystals which won't hurt any of the microbes at all, unlike some of the chemical pH adjusters supposedly can. Its really cheap and lasts forever (I have barely dented my 8 oz bottle of crystals in 6 months). This allows me to feed my plant with water in the prime nutrient uptake range (6.5-7.0 in soil) without potentially damaging any of the good stuff I want to keep around in my soil.

Hey MrFortwenty. Do you know what your baseline pH in your water is? I know that BL already weighed in and I agree completely with his comment. If you have the right buffering amendments in your soil, you could probably get away with not pH'ing your water, but why not provide your plant with the absolute best environment to flourish in. If you have crazy water like I do......9.1 pH, I am not putting that crap in my soil and risking it messing with my soil's pH which is a nice 6.5. So I use the organic Earth Juice crystals which won't hurt any of the microbes at all, unlike some of the chemical pH adjusters supposedly can. Its really cheap and lasts forever (I have barely dented my 8 oz bottle of crystals in 6 months). This allows me to feed my plant with water in the prime nutrient uptake range (6.5-7.0 in soil) without potentially damaging any of the good stuff I want to keep around in my soil.
When the water sits out, 24hrs let's say, it can be as high as 8.7-8.9. I've ph'd it down to 6.5 each time.

The soil I am using states it's safe to use both organic or chemical nutrients. I'd think my ph down falls into that as well, with it being non organic.

When the water sits out, 24hrs let's say, it can be as high as 8.7-8.9. I've ph'd it down to 6.5 each time.

The soil I am using states it's safe to use both organic or chemical nutrients. I'd think my ph down falls into that as well, with it being non organic.

Well I definitely think you are better off with pH'ing it back down to that 6.5 range. If you find that you don't like using whatever chemical you are using to do the pH down, give the Earth Juice crystals a try. I have had great luck with them and love the product use with organic soil. Here is an Amazon link

Hydro Organics HOH84021 0.8-Pound Hydro Organics Earth Juice Natural Down Plant Supplement

1666384760535.png

I have been using it for about 6 months and I have barely dented this jar.

Well I definitely think you are better off with pH'ing it back down to that 6.5 range. If you find that you don't like using whatever chemical you are using to do the pH down, give the Earth Juice crystals a try. I have had great luck with them and love the product use with organic soil. Here is an Amazon link

Hydro Organics HOH84021 0.8-Pound Hydro Organics Earth Juice Natural Down Plant Supplement

I have been using it for about 6 months and I have barely dented this jar.

Thank you! I'll look into some organic PH adjusters on my next grow I think. Either this stuff, or the ph adjuster from my nutrient line

Back
Top Bottom