Queen's Sophmore Grow F - Lemon Skunk - Big Bang - Along With Some Bag Seed Sprouts

Re: Queen's Sophmore Grow F - Lemon Skunk - Big Bang - Along With Some Bag Seed Sprou

Well alrighty kids, here is the latest photo op of my mamis. I did trim them back though it may not look like it..lol.. Also included is the 2 clones that are currently in flower.

This is the big bang
004806.jpg

Lemon Skunk
003866.jpg

Clone 1
005765.jpg

Clone 2
006666.jpg

Re: Queen's Sophmore Grow F - Lemon Skunk - Big Bang - Along With Some Bag Seed Sprou

Thanks for the info QTL. Harvest biweekly is possible, however it will take lots of work and time to get it going. I hope you're ready for it! Do you know how much growing space you'll be devoting to veg/flower in your new space? Also, what container size, grow medium you will be using for the clones? Will you take the two mother plants with you to the new place or start a fresh mother from clone/seed again?

Got pics of your current vegging area?

I just checked cragislist for hydro gears and found great deals for lights and all sorts. Check them out maybe you can score a 400w at a discount in your area. If you decide to buy anything from there test it out before purchasing. It's weird firing up the HPS at starbucks but that's how we test them in public lol.

You can definitely get started with the clones now by making good cuttings 5-6in and start the rooting process. Keep them in veg until you have the space ready to flower them out.

Thanks for the info QTL. Harvest biweekly is possible, however it will take lots of work and time to get it going. I hope you're ready for it! Do you know how much growing space you'll be devoting to veg/flower in your new space? Also, what container size, grow medium you will be using for the clones? Will you take the two mother plants with you to the new place or start a fresh mother from clone/seed again?

Got pics of your current vegging area?

I just checked cragislist for hydro gears and found great deals for lights and all sorts. Check them out maybe you can score a 400w at a discount in your area. If you decide to buy anything from there test it out before purchasing. It's weird firing up the HPS at starbucks but that's how we test them in public lol.

You can definitely get started with the clones now by making good cuttings 5-6in and start the rooting process. Keep them in veg until you have the space ready to flower them out.

I will be ready for it by the time I move. That is the reason why I didn't start doing any clones now. No, I don't know what my new space will be just yet. But I most certainly am looking for something bigger than what I have now. I plan on using coco for the growing medium, thats what I used for the clones I have now. Right now I only have 1 gallon pots and 3 gallon pots. I will be taking the mamis with me even if I wanted to it's too late to put them in flower with the time I have left. What do you think of my mamis?

I am not crazy about craig's list, saw too many horror stories on Judge Judy. I ordered my last hps from the bay if you know what I am saying for 137 bucks which I thought wasn't bad compared to some I had seen.

Ok well here is pics of my current closet where the mamis are, flowering closet here is bigger and longer but can only fit 4 plants in at one time..

008595.jpg
009544.jpg

Hi Queen.....here I am.

Since you wanted my opinion on the Lemon Skunk. She looks good....she is not root bound at all. Actually she is very nice.

I see the Master is here helping you now.....Twelve12.....you are in the best hands on 420!. All you need to do is follow what he tells you. :bravo: You are doing great any way! Now you will do much better! :high-five:

OMM- Thanks for your opinion, sir. It is much valued. And yes Twelve has showed up to help me. I am just giddy about that. And of course, I shall listen to him. I listen to all advice given to me. I couldn't have gotten where I am without it. I was asking you for your opinion about the lemon skunk because of the leaves I guess, they just seemed so skinny and thin. Yours didn't seem to look like that to me.

High QueenTokelove,
Just thought I would ask, are you using those algea filled bottles for feeding your babies? I would hope not. I had 2 bottles do that on me as well, I tossed em, I am sure it won't hurt the nutes, but I just would chance it.

:peacetwo:
009544.jpg

I can not tell a lie, yep I have been using them. Not sure what made them turn that way, didn't think it would harm the plants since it's the nutes that seem to have done it. But I have more than enough jugs to replace them with. Should I throw out the nutes or just pour them into another jug. And you come visit me and all you talk about is my jugs? *slap*.....lol

yup, you don't need help anymore, but I will call you on your s*** though, believe that. LOL, I try to help all make it the best grow that they can, and when I notice something like that coming from you sista, that is out there showing everyone whats up as well. Gotta put you in your place. LOL.

I would throw the nutes out too, but I have organics, and when I smelt it, it was worse than the organics I put in, so I said, there is something in there that is not supposed to be. So instead of giving it to my girls, I poured it into a bush that I have in the front yard. Not risking my babies like that. I have come to find out that if you leave your bottles in the sunlight, the water and humidity in the jug starts to create the algae. I hide my jugs away from the sunlight now. only time they come out is to mix and feed.

yup, you don't need help anymore, but I will call you on your s*** though, believe that. LOL, I try to help all make it the best grow that they can, and when I notice something like that coming from you sista, that is out there showing everyone whats up as well. Gotta put you in your place. LOL.

Thanks for saying I don't need help anymore but there are some things that I still don't know about. Call me on my shit? Enjoy that moment because it isn't too often people can call me on anything or get the last word...lol...I will ditch the old and make some new nutes when lights come on. But thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for saying I don't need help anymore but there are some things that I still don't know about. Call me on my shit? Enjoy that moment because it isn't too often people can call me on anything or get the last word...lol...I will ditch the old and make some new nutes when lights come on. But thanks for the heads up.

Moment Enjoyed:tokin: And when those questions that you say you don't know about, I will be right here waiting to answer them for you, or at least try to..

Thanks QLT for the pics of your veg area.

Coco medium will help with the growth rate vs soil. Your mamis are looking green though I'm seeing sign of heat stress and perhaps over water. Also a little tall for the space.

My suggestion would be to start a new mother plants from clone, to keep them shorter. I see you've taken clones from the lower parts of the plant, this will keep the plant tall. If you want to keep them short take clones from the top of the plants, and any top side branches will also work.

Let the bottom branches grow into main stems. This way, you can have more plants in the vegging area not worry about the top canopy blocking out the lights.

If I was going to move I'll plan ahead 3 weeks prior to moving, I would break down the mother plants and take as many clones as I can from them. Root out the clones, and get them ready for the new space. Then keep two of the healthiest plants to grow into mothers. You can keep mother plants in coco too.

Astonr420 pointed out the algae jugs, lol yeah gotta keep things clean! The reason algae grow is the abundance of water and light and some nute. After feeding your plant leave the cap open so the jug can dry up, no algae will grow.

We have to help you create a new setup with the essential. When you have the space or see it in advanced take some pics, get the measurements, and we'll help you set things up before the plants goes in there to ensure they thrive in the new environment. Fresh start if you will.

Moment Enjoyed:tokin: And when those questions that you say you don't know about, I will be right here waiting to answer them for you, or at least try to..:peacetwo:

When I have questions, I try not to bother you with them because I know you are busy doing your thing. But if you read back, I have been having some questions. But atm, I am good. Twelve is gonna help me to start a perpetual grow.:high-five:

Astonr420 pointed out the algae jugs, lol yeah gotta keep things clean! The reason algae grow is the abundance of water and light and some nute. After feeding your plant leave the cap open so the jug can dry up, no algae will grow.
Yup, I got the quick eyes when it comes to photos. I scan everything, not just the plants.

Twelve12 said:
We have to help you create a new setup with the essential. When you have the space or see it in advanced take some pics, get the measurements, and we'll help you set things up before the plants goes in there to ensure they thrive in the new environment. Fresh start if you will.
I agree, I have been waiting for this chika to move from her present apartment so we can start a good grow area for her. But she is on here instead of looking for the new pad. LOL, not that i'm saying that's a bad thing or anything.

When I have questions, I try not to bother you with them because I know you are busy doing your thing. But if you read back, I have been having some questions.:
Never feel like your bothering me with questions, I am 420 Support, which means I am here to support you and all our wonderful members. It comes with the job title, and I enjoy helping everyone. Twelve12 is a wonderful asset, take what he says and laminate it. I did with the photo stuff and I think my photos are coming along, and with the compliment that he gave me in my newest journal, I think he thinks so too.

BTW, I haven't seen you in my 2 journals? you there? here is the links

Fire OG - Joint Ops

Astonr420's Newest Journal, Going Outdoors :thumb:

Coco medium will help with the growth rate vs soil. Your mamis are looking green though I'm seeing sign of heat stress and perhaps over water. Also a little tall for the space.

Hmm, wonders about the heat stress because my temps have remained in the 70's with the exception of yesterday when it got to be 80. It hasn't been more than that. Yeah, them being tall has been the problem but the top part of the closet would give them room but I can't set the lights up higher. So coco can be over watered? Someone told me it couldn't so I guess I proved that theory wrong!

My suggestion would be to start a new mother plants from clone, to keep them shorter. I see you've taken clones from the lower parts of the plant, this will keep the plant tall. If you want to keep them short take clones from the top of the plants, and any top side branches will also work.

Actually, those are clones from bag seed, not the mamis. I was gonna clone them after I moved. But wouldn't it be too late to put them in flower now since I have a little less than a month before I have to move. I just cut the bottom branches and leaves off as I have seen this done with mothers on here. So, I thought I was doing the right thing actually. Plus, I thought if you took cuttings from the top of the plant, they would be slower to root or less successful? Plus, since a moving company is moving me, I wasn't trying to have to deal with the issue of trying to hide a bunch of clones, where 2 plants would be easier to hide.

I do keep my space clean, don't know how it happened other than I keep the closet door open to allow air to circulate and I have a small fan in the closet with them. Thats why I am puzzled about the heat stress. So now don't put a lid on the nute bottles leave them open?

I do keep my space clean, don't know how it happened other than I keep the closet door open to allow air to circulate and I have a small fan in the closet with them. Thats why I am puzzled about the heat stress. So now don't put a lid on the nute bottles leave them open?

I had a feeling you would get confused with that comment. He means when the jugs are empty, when you have fed your ladies what was in the jugs, leave them open so they can air dry. I didn't quite understand it at first glance either, but I re read it like 4 times.

I agree, I have been waiting for this chika to move from her present apartment so we can start a good grow area for her. But she is on here instead of looking for the new pad. LOL, not that i'm saying that's a bad thing or anything.

Hey hey now...I can't move any quicker or else I would be paying this POS landlord for breaking the lease. And I am in a government program for housing, lot of landlords seem to be funny about that for some reason when it is guaranteed money. I do have an appointment to see some apartments on Thursday. I will take pics of the closets so both you and Twelve can see. One of my requirements is that the place has to have big closet space because tents seem to be high as hell.

Never feel like your bothering me with questions, I am 420 Support, which means I am here to support you and all our wonderful members. It comes with the job title, and I enjoy helping everyone. Twelve12 is a wonderful asset, take what he says and laminate it. I did with the photo stuff and I think my photos are coming along, and with the compliment that he gave me in my newest journal, I think he thinks so too.BTW, I haven't seen you in my 2 journals? you there?

Yes, I know you are support but you just said I don't need help anymore?!? So, I figure you're helping the newbs like I try to do, you just have more experience than me and the title. I have peeped at one of your journals, I didn't know about the other one.

More experience? Nope, only on the 5th grow here sista. I am only 1 grow over you. And you have a successful clone, i have yet to root one sadly to say. But I am here when you need me.

More experience? Nope, only on the 5th grow here sista. I am only 1 grow over you. And you have a successful clone, i have yet to root one sadly to say. But I am here when you need me.

Really? You only have 5 grows under your belt? Thought you had more than that. And no successful clones? Wow, I am amazed by this considering everything you do in your grows.:thedoubletake:

Hmm, wonders about the heat stress because my temps have remained in the 70's with the exception of yesterday when it got to be 80. It hasn't been more than that.

Room temperature is different from canopy temperature. Do you have a hygrometer? Place it on top of the canopy and get some reading. If you don't have one then use your hand, palm face down, and leave it there for 5 mins and let us know how hot it is.

Yeah, them being tall has been the problem but the top part of the closet would give them room but I can't set the lights up higher.

That's where I'm susspecting the heat stress is from, by the light not being higher and the trees not being shorter. You can start fresh with new mothers and take cuttings from the top to keep them short.

So coco can be over watered? Someone told me it couldn't so I guess I proved that theory wrong!

Yes, it can. Coco cannot be over water if the drainage is run to waste, or the run off is not sitting in a saucer pan. This will not properly drain the water within the coco and allow it to hold more water then the plant needs, resulting in over watering.

I was gonna clone them after I moved. But wouldn't it be too late to put them in flower now since I have a little less than a month before I have to move.

You can still clone them and keep them under veg. No need to flower them since you've mentioned before that you'll be moving soon. I did not suggest flowering them in your current space, but to get them ready all rooted for the new space and there you'll flower them out. Just a thought to get the most out of time.

I just cut the bottom branches and leaves off as I have seen this done with mothers on here.

You did the right thing if you're about to flower out the plant. Removing the bottom branches will encourage top growth for heavy colas to form during flowering. However, not recommended for mother plants as they will only get taller and in this case almost reaching maxium height. Bringing the plant closer to light without proper ventilation = heat stress.

Plus, I thought if you took cuttings from the top of the plant, they would be slower to root or less successful?

Plant regenerate regardless of were cutting is made. Faster or slower is minute differences. Most likely what you're comparing to is strain vs strain more so then the placement of branches within one strain. So, takign cutting from top or bottom will have very similar rooting time. The top will be most fresh and healthy since they are the newest growth.

Plus, since a moving company is moving me, I wasn't trying to have to deal with the issue of trying to hide a bunch of clones, where 2 plants would be easier to hide.

Let the moving company move the heavy stuff. Never let them touch your plants no matter how many you have in the box. I would move them myself and put in my car along with anything valuble. With clones being smaller in height I can easily place them inside a tote (with holes for ventilation) and put them inside the car in the back seat with a/c on (to keep the temp cool and air circulated).

So now don't put a lid on the nute bottles leave them open?

Ah I didn't make myself clear sorry about that. Yes, leave the lid open when the bottle is empty and the remaining liquid inside will dry up. After a few water/feeding use the spider sense to see how many gallons the plants needs and mix up just the right amount. If you want to mix them early or have left over stored it in a box to keep the lights out.

Hope that helps. :Namaste:

Let the moving company move the heavy stuff. Never let them touch your plants no matter how many you have in the box. I would move them myself and put in my car along with anything valuble. With clones being smaller in height I can easily place them inside a tote (with holes for ventilation) and put them inside the car in the back seat with a/c on (to keep the temp cool and air circulated).

Don't have a car....

Yes, it can. Coco cannot be over water if the drainage is run to waste, or the run off is not sitting in a saucer pan. This will not properly drain the water within the coco and allow it to hold more water then the plant needs, resulting in over watering. QUOTE]

Well, that may be the problem. I water then the run off drains to the bottom of the dish. But I usually empty it as soon as I see, it doesn't sit there all day. I usually give each plant about 4 cups of water.

Back
Top Bottom