Quest for mold-resistant strains, Hawaii outdoor greenhouse grow

The other 2... I don't know yet. But if 2 have shown to be female, does that mean the other 2 will probably also be female, since males usually show sex first?
We can hope!

I bought some CBG seeds from @CoffeeShopSeeds for this quest, but they didn't germinate. The two CBD strains that were in the same order sprouted just fine. I contacted them twice through their website – no reply. I contacted them through the forum here, by conversation – no reply.

Let's see if they reply now.

I bought some CBG seeds from @CoffeeShopSeeds for this quest, but they didn't germinate. The two CBD strains that were in the same order sprouted just fine. I contacted them twice through their website – no reply. I contacted them through the forum here, by conversation – no reply.

I bought some Phoenix CBD Auto seeds from The Vault. 2 of them are worth keeping. The rest had weird auto issues (scraggly, weird-looking tiny leaves, etc.). I wrote them, and juuust heard back last night after my second email, that they were backlogged and working on things. So maybe things are slow because of the time of year?

Anyway, CoffeeShop did me right twice. One there was some confusion, and they tried to make it right. So I hope they are just backlogged, and will get to you taken care of soon.

I have given @CoffeeShopSeeds plenty of chances to respond. I'm not going to waste my time anymore. I'm out $30 on the deal. I won't buy from them again unless they fix this.

...And now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Hmmm..... :hmmmm:
If you like White Widow and CBD, did you ever look at Sweet and Sour Widow?
CBD Crew has one (I think this is from a sponsor...if not, many of the sponsors carry it...)
Sweet 'n Sour Widow CBD Regular Seeds

And how much difference is there between that brand label (CBD Crew) and the "house brand" of "the Seed Maker That Must Not Be Named"?
Sweet 'n' Sour Widow CBD Regular Seeds
?

Are they going to be similar?
Or can there be big differences from one seed maker to another?

Hmmm..... :hmmmm:
If you like White Widow and CBD, did you ever look at Sweet and Sour Widow?
CBD Crew has one (I think this is from a sponsor...if not, many of the sponsors carry it...)
Sweet 'n Sour Widow CBD Regular Seeds

And how much difference is there between that brand label (CBD Crew) and the "house brand" of "the Seed Maker That Must Not Be Named"?
Sweet 'n' Sour Widow CBD Regular Seeds
?

Are they going to be similar?
Or can there be big differences from one seed maker to another?
Thanks, I've got my hands full right now. I generally don't grow 1:1 strains... I grow THC strains (indica & sativa), and CBD strains (chemotype 3).

I'm growing a Blue Widow and she's doing well. (Blueberry x White Widow; 12-17% THC - 50/50 hybrid)

Greetings Growmies,

We've had a big weather change lately... no rain and lots of sunshine. Very much helping resolve mold issues. Temps are getting down to 64°F or lower at night.

Here's an update from last night and today...

In the veg house after dark last night, plants showing some nighttime droop. In the background... a couple Blue Dream hybrid plants (LEFT), and a CBG pheno (RIGHT). The foreground is kind of a mish-mash and difficult to see what's what, except for the Blue Window on the ground up front. The GMG plants (4) are still in 2 gal pots on the ground... the tall sativas. Of the 1 gal plants on the table, I lost 2 of the Sweet Critical CBD to damping off, and one of the HI-BISCUS... a reminder to be very careful not to over-water young seedlings. Not a catastrophe... I still have other Sweet Critical and HI-BISCUS (fem).
veg_house.jpg

Chunky Boy makes a cameo. Left and right of Chunky's tail: Blue Dream hybrids up potted last night from 1 gal to 5 gal, looking good.
chunky_cameo.jpg

The Blueberry regular turned out to be a female, yay!
blueberry_indicates.jpg

The below shots are for sexing two of the Green Mountain Grape plants, 90% sativa.

Photos numbered for easy reference. What do you think?

#1) Any guess on this one?
GMG_sexing1.jpg

#2) Same plant as above. Any guess?
GMG_sexing2.jpg

#3) Same plant as above. This is a branch off the main stem. Male?
GMG_sexing3.jpg

#4) The other Green Mountain Grape. Any guess on this one?
GMG_sexing4.jpg

#5) Same plant as above. Not great focus, sorry.
GMG_sexing5.jpg

:thanks:

Hey Growmies,

Photos taken in the veg house tonight...

The Green Mountain Grape (GMG) sativas, potentially males, have not indicated yet... getting tall in their 2 gal pots.
GMG_males.jpg

GMG male? Hopefully I'll know soon.
GMG_1.jpg

GMG female #1 in 6.5 gal pot. I'm planning to top these two females soon, and clone the cuttings.
GMG_female1.jpg

GMG female #2 in 6.5 gal pot.
GMG_female2.jpg

One of two Grape Apes, still in 2 gal pots... will be up potted soon.

grape_ape.jpg

I did a soil analysis tonight, for my latest batch of recycled soil...

I'm surprised N reads so strong, because the leaves aren't a deep green. I'm guessing there's no pH lockout going on. Any other reason N might not be absorbed more?
N_Test.jpg

This one's hard to read... there's enough color showing, but the hue is a little greenish. Would you say P3?
P_Test.jpg

K is also very strong.
K_Test.jpg

Hey Growmies,

Photos taken in the veg house tonight...

The Green Mountain Grape (GMG) sativas, potentially males, have not indicated yet... getting tall in their 2 gal pots.
GMG_males.jpg

GMG male? Hopefully I'll know soon.
GMG_1.jpg

GMG female #1 in 6.5 gal pot. I'm planning to top these two females soon, and clone the cuttings.
GMG_female1.jpg

GMG female #2 in 6.5 gal pot.
GMG_female2.jpg

One of two Grape Apes, still in 2 gal pots... will be up potted soon.

grape_ape.jpg

I did a soil analysis tonight, for my latest batch of recycled soil...

I'm surprised N reads so strong, because the leaves aren't a deep green. I'm guessing there's no pH lockout going on. Any other reason N might not be absorbed more?
N_Test.jpg

This one's hard to read... there's enough color showing, but the hue is a little greenish. Would you say P3?
P_Test.jpg

K is also very strong.
K_Test.jpg

Is the P3 a surprise to you?

Is the P3 a surprise to you?
I use plenty of seabird guano, so I think the test is probably correct. Looks like my NPK is very good. I'm a little mystified why the leaves are not a deeper green, with all that N. I wonder if I need to use more Mg.

I use plenty of seabird guano, so I think the test is probably correct. Looks like my NPK is very good. I'm a little mystified why the leaves are not a deeper green, with all that N. I wonder if I need to use more Mg.
I don't know, but is there any possibility of an iron deficiency? (Do they get greener if you insert some rusty nails into the soil?)
(That could be way off.)

I don't know, but is there any possibility of an iron deficiency? (Do they get greener if you insert some rusty nails into the soil?)
(That could be way off.)
Good call. My only source of iron is greensand, and I just read, "Greensand can take 12 to 14 months to become bioavailable".

I just ordered some kelp meal.

I just noticed today the 2 Grape Apes have what looks like damping off scars on the stems just above the soil line, but they seem to be hanging in there. It looks possibly like it healed over. I am being very careful with watering. I'm also going to take clone cuttings asap.

grape_ape-jpg.2638575

Greetings Growmies,

I've got a batch of 12 clones in the dome now. RE: The quest strains... I topped the 2 GMG females, and also the 2 Grape Apes & one HI-BISCUS that had evidence of possibly healed-over stem rot. RE: My legacy plants... I took 3 cuttings of my CBG pheno, and 4 cuttings from my 2 Blue Dream hybrids.

I'm now ready to up pot more 1 gal plants to 5 or 6.5 gallons. I'm probably not going to go 15 gal this time around. My main goal is to flower out the best of these... Green Mountain Grape (90% sativa), Grape Ape (90% indica), Blue Widow (50/50), HI-BISCUS (50/50), Blueberry (80% indica), Sweet Critical CBD, and Seedsman 30:1 CBD.

Looks like I've verified the 2 other GMGs are males, as you can see from the photos below. So, I'll be topping them and producing little "bonsai" type plants, to make collecting pollen easier.

In the veg house today. The tall ones on the right are GMG sativa males in 2 gal pots.
veg_house.jpg

The GMG males, about 6 ft tall in 2 gal pots. I'll probably top them tomorrow, to create clones for little "bonsai" plants.
veg_house2.jpg

Gotta be a male pre-flower. Green Mountain Grape.
GMG_male1.jpg

And his brother with striking dark red/purple stems. I wonder if this trait is passed on to females.
GMG_male2.jpg

GMG male, red stem pheno.
GMG_1.jpg

GMG male, top.
GMG_2.jpg

Greetings Growmies,

I've got a batch of 12 clones in the dome now. RE: The quest strains... I topped the 2 GMG females, and also the 2 Grape Apes & one HI-BISCUS that had evidence of possibly healed-over stem rot. RE: My legacy plants... I took 3 cuttings of my CBG pheno, and 4 cuttings from my 2 Blue Dream hybrids.

I'm now ready to up pot more 1 gal plants to 5 or 6.5 gallons. I'm probably not going to go 15 gal this time around. My main goal is to flower out the best of these... Green Mountain Grape (90% sativa), Grape Ape (90% indica), Blue Widow (50/50), HI-BISCUS (50/50), Blueberry (80% indica), Sweet Critical CBD, and Seedsman 30:1 CBD.

Looks like I've verified the 2 other GMGs are males, as you can see from the photos below. So, I'll be topping them and producing little "bonsai" type plants, to make collecting pollen easier.

In the veg house today. The tall ones on the right are GMG sativa males in 2 gal pots.
veg_house.jpg

The GMG males, about 6 ft tall in 2 gal pots. I'll probably top them tomorrow, to create clones for little "bonsai" plants.
veg_house2.jpg

Gotta be a male pre-flower. Green Mountain Grape.
GMG_male1.jpg

And his brother with striking dark red/purple stems. I wonder if this trait is passed on to females.
GMG_male2.jpg

GMG male, red stem pheno.
GMG_1.jpg

GMG male, top.
GMG_2.jpg
Garden is incredible my friend. :yahoo:
Healthy happy team.
Hope everything is going well today.
Take care.

#Vivosun #LoveWhatYouGrow
Bill284 😎

Back