Quest for mold-resistant strains, Hawaii outdoor greenhouse grow

Looking good cbd. They look a little stretchy. You don't have them out enjoying that Hawaiian sun yet?
Thanks. The stretchy ones... that's just 3 days of growth! I don't move them to sun until they are up potted and settled into 1 gal pots. I will bury the stems leaving about 1.5" above soil. I'll up pot those fast girls soon.

Any of them going to get to try a SIP?
Well, I definitely want to try SIP, and build out my SIP design idea. The plan for these plants is to grow, observe, clone and flower the best... rinse, repeat. Probably not SIP on the seedlings. Likely the clones.

Hey Growmies,

To my surprise, only one of the 6 HI-BISCUS seeds developed a healthy root tip. I just planted that seedling today ("HB" in the first photo below). The breeder was happy to replace the order, so I'll be trying again.

5 out of the 6 Green Mountain Grape (REG) are up and going! Looks like I may only get one Blue Widow, but there's still time.
1669096285339.png

The crazy-fast Grape Apes are now in 1 gal. Freebies in the rear: Blueberry and Cement Shoes. I'm using coir for a mulch layer.
1669096513309.png

1669096742151.png

1669096881206.png

1669096982275.png

Update ~

Seed delivery update... HI-BISCUS (HB) replacements on the way, should arrive Mon. or Tues. Another delivery arrived today and I need to pick up... 2 CBDs and a CBG, final seed order for now.

I'm up potting all of these to 1 gal tomorrow, except the HB that just got started.
sprouts1.jpg

This sprout came up with the seed's outer shell still hanging on, which I removed carefully yesterday. Today I helped the cotyledons unfurl by fiddling a bit with the inner membrane which was still holding them together (still visible on the left leaf tip).
hibiscus.jpg

Grape Apes doing nicely, now taking in the bright sun. The stems on these two little plants are remarkably long – I'm estimating at least 4" buried and 3" above the soil. Coco coir mulch layer to retain moisture, and reflective material as a solar heat shield.
grape_ape1.jpg

A visitor today ~ a baby green gecko, about an inch long. Bye bye aphids!
gecko1.jpg

gecko2.jpg

Next time I get aphids can I rent the cute little guy?
🤣

I saw him still on the same plant the next day, then saw him move on to another plant, but didn't see him today. They are everywhere at our place. Tonight I had to bust out the neem/soap/limonene solution in my 1 gal pump sprayer, to spray the aphids.

Update ~

The next batch of seed has arrived and are now soaking... 2 CBD strains (~20% CBD, sativa); 1 CBG strain (17% CBG); and 2 freebie seeds, Blueberry (reg.). 13 seeds total. It seems that Blueberry is often used as a freebie – I'm looking forward to trying it for the first time.

Meanwhile, in the veg house tonight...

Green Mountain Grape (90% sativa), regular seed, up potted to 1 gal. This is my usual custom soil mix, with a coco coir mulch layer.
green_mtn_grape1.jpg

One of the 3 Blue Widow seeds produced a plant – here it is, up potted to 1 gal, along with a GSC freebie. The BW was one of the initial batch of seeds (HB and GSC were in the 2nd batch). So, out of 16 seeds in the first batch, 6 were duds – not bad (2 of the duds were Green Mountain Grape, not shown).
seedlings1.jpg

Close up of the Blue Widow (50/50 hybrid), off to a great start.
blue_widow1.jpg

The next batch of seed has arrived and are now soaking... 2 CBD strains (~20% CBD, sativa); 1 CBG strain (17% CBG); and 2 freebie seeds, Blueberry (reg.). 13 seeds total. It seems that Blueberry is often used as a freebie – I'm looking forward to trying it for the first time.
Now tucked into wet paper towels.

Update ~

All germinated except for the 3 CBG, which appear to be duds. The CBDs and BB are now planted... by morning some should be popped up.
seed_germination1.jpg

The HI-BISCUS replacements are now tucked into wet paper towel... there should be some tails tomorrow morning.

Here are the previous sprouts, growing nicely in 1 gal pots. (4) GMG, (1) HB, (1) BW, (2) GA. 3 freebies.
new_strains.jpg

Did you dig them up for a seedtopsy? The two with tails seem completely normal to me. That's what mine look like when they get planted.
These are little root tips that go nowhere – I've seen it before. After 24 hrs, there was no change in the length. I planted the best one of the two, just in case. As expected, it has not come up. The lively seeds have all come up already today.

The next batch of sprouts are already up and going...

Foreground is Sweet Critical CBD (SC) – all seeds sprouted. Next row is HI-BISCUS (HB), very lively and just planted today. Behind that, Seedsman 30:1 CBD – all seeds sprouted. And in the back, Blueberry (reg.).
seedlings1.jpg

The veg house today, late afternoon sun.
veg_house1.jpg

I grew Blueberry for the first time in 2021 with a freebie auto seed from the Seed Man and loved the high so much, I'm growing 2 photoperiods of the same strain and breeder. I find the Blueberry high to be a happy one.

Back
Top Bottom