Question about nutes and leaves - Northern Light

Calvados

The plant below is a Northern Light (107 days above ground, 71 flowering). It's sister was chopped two weeks ago. I think maybe a week early, but it sure looked ready. I gave it a massive haircut today. It was very bushy and the leaves were very thick and green. A slight prick of neut burn on the tops, which for me is perfect. Really no signs of anything other than happiness. I wanted the lower buds to get light and got a bit carried away.

1) Will the buds continue to develop with so few leaves? Should I hang it up or continue to water it?

Unrelated.

I accidentally fed my plants neuts with a PH of 7.5 when it should be 5.8-6.2. My soil is Canna Pro Plus. Am I right in thinking that the neuts will stay in the soil and the process of watering normally will release them?
Sorry they are sideways. As much as I like this sight I wish the gallery had a small edit function.

Day_107_NL.JPG
Day_107_NL1.JPG
Day_107_NL2.JPG

Re: Question about neuts and leaves - Northern Light

if your in soil 6.5 to 7.2 is ideal not 5.8 to 6.2 that said I've had northern lights for almost 20 years and it's so hardy and strong it won't complain about of lot of things other strains do...that said 71 days is around the max I would let it go...if your properly flushed I'd say go for the chop..
if not get on that and then chop...post a pic of the trichomes if you can ..they are the real indicator of when is best.

good luck and good grows keep us posted

Thanks for that PIGSLAVE (great name). About the PH range for my grow medium. Apparently it's not normal soil.

Soil conundrum!?

I thought it was very cool that Canna's horticulturist took the time to write back about growing pot although that was never explicitly said.

Still have the question - if the PH for the water is too high for the roots to uptake, will subsequent watering at the proper PH eventually deliver the neuts?

consider ph like a doorway when it's in the right range the door is open and the nutes can freely go back and forth if that door closes the food will build up at the doorway causing excess and or deficiencies...the plant can't feed with the door closed...tô correct nute deficiency flush the plants out with 1/4 strength nutes....really at whatever ph is needed to get the runoff into the correct range ....só for example if the runoff says 7.0 ...and I'm growing in coco (hydro) and I want it to go down to 6.0...the right ph for that feed is 5.0 that way the runoff (root zone ph) reads 6.0 .. your in soil and it's high? so do the same....make the water low ...and pour it how ever many times you need to get a consistent 6.5 coming out of the bottom...it might take a few times...i would run that water to waste as well 1/4 strength as 1/4 strength flushes the plant out BETTER than straight water and won't mess up the cation ratio .
(Google cation ratio) hope this helps good luck and good grows keep us posted

Back
Top Bottom