Question regarding fan use

BrokrnEyes

I use a fan to encourage root growth on the plants (non cannabis plants mind you) by simulating wind conditions and thus making the plants want to anchorage sophomore by growing more roots but from what I have read, once the flowering stage begins, you should not have the fan directly on the plant so my question is does it make any sense to even have the fan on at that point? I'm debating either getting a small fan that I can put into the grow box or just using my currently larger rotating fan until the bloom stage and then just take it out completely. I will be using white widow auto flowers if that matters. (this is more of a question regarding getting certain equipment and if the benefits would outweigh the cost at the time, budgets getting a little tight).

Ya you would want some air circulation in flower for reason stated above but also air circulation will help keep bud rot away. In flower just don't have the fan blowing too hard so they dont end up with stress from too much wind but i think you already know that lol.

Fans to improve root growth ah i'm not sure about that ? but some reference to improving stem strength on young plants...

How ever good air flow is essential around the canopy of the plants as this can alone reduce the risk of powdery mildew which is caused by lack of air flow & a build of humidity with in the canopy area.

I would be more inclined to keep an eye on RH aka relative humidity & more so in flower when bud rot might be a problem...

Mmm check ya lights off RH it may spike during this bit !

Back
Top Bottom