Quix's Corner - Puddle-o-Green - NL & Bag Seed - Indoor Soil Experiment

Re: Quix's Corner-"Puddle-o-Green"-NL&Bagseed Indoor Soil Experiment

Hey Quix,
Looking great. Im subbed.
Now Im gonna go and catch up on your journal.

Hey Inda! Thanks for stopping in, and:welcome: Thanks for taking the time to read through too, though you shouldn't feel obligated!! At least it's still in its early stages and should be easier than catching up on one of Blue's or OMM's epic journals!! It took me DAAAAAYS to read all their stuff! But was well worth it:thumb: Feel free to stop by any time bud glad to have ya...:peacetwo:

So I would just like to thank whoever rated my journal 5 stars!! I'm not sure its deserved quite yet, but i'm flattered all the same. I hope it serves as a place people can get answers, without fear of feeling stupid for asking the questions, although there are plenty of other places here that people can get the info too...

I'm still quite the noob, but I have a really good feeling about this run. It won't be the run I planned though, as I'll have to shut it down late July for a much needed vaca to Cali, to see family. I was planning on doing a very small SOG, hence the title "Puddle-o-Green".(Maybe I should change the title) But as I start looking at the time a bit more closely, I see that I'm short a few weeks for what I want to do. So I think I'll just try my hand at LSTing, and see if I can just maximize my yeild in this tiny space that way. It's going to get crowded in there, to say the least, but I veged 2 full grown girls in there for 12 weeks before, so I think between the lst, and some serious defoliation, I should be fine. Maybe I'll do some topping too, and just practice cloning.
Anyone have any thoughts on topping AND lsting?
Also, I think I would like to start the bending today, any thought or oppinions on when the best time to start LSTing is? I have a feeling I should have started already....
Anyway, here's a last look at them without the LST....(Probably)
P5140005.JPG
P5140003.JPG
P5140002.JPG
P5140001.JPG

Oh, and #1 is starting to STINK!!!! Funny seeing the different phenos in jujst two plants at a time...And no, it doesn't bother me that its not a stabalized strain:rofl::hookah::morenutes::peacetwo:

Also, Itook a look at the front of one of those pre-paid visa debit cards, today, and it says "For use in the US only"....Does that mean I can only use it from within the US, or does it mean that the vendor has to be within the US?!? I ask because its time to start crossing beans off the wish list:yahoo: Oh and Blue, Chopper reminded me what #3 was...Jilly Bean!!!

Bro, those girls are beautiful! Healthy and happy, great job.

One thing I noticed on my last grow with the LST is that it's a bit more work when the plants are taller. My big girl was 14" tall when I tied them up. If you bend them over now you should be fine. One other thing though, that plant had over 30 tops before she got chopped. Not saying that would happen (hell, don't know if I could get any plant to do that again :rofl:) if you grew them a bit longer first, but all the side branches it had turned up and took off.

The only difference here is my girls were clones and the branches were staggered, not quite as pretty as the symmetry your ladies are showing :). Only suggestion I'd have for you is to bend the top towards an emptier spot in the growth. In the top pic I would say to aim for the top right or bottom right where you can still see soil. Hope that makes sense.

What are you going to use to LST them? I really like the spool of twist-ties as you can cut it the length you want and when you want to tighten it up you just pinch the middle of the line and twist :thumb:

Sorry for the long post, if you have any questions ask away and I'll try my best to help.

Take care and keep up the fantastic work.

Hey Quix -

Dime summed it up pretty good, but I'll suggest that you could start now if you want - that's about the size I would start at, personally. Dime's right, they get really difficult to bend if you wait too long, and they'll move pretty good now I'd think.

I use twist ties as well, and I try to save the ones my kids get with toys that have more of a "rubbery" coating. I should get a spool like the one Dime mentioned...

You should get a lot more tops this way, and it'll make a nice even canopy for you. Here's what my LST inspiration was:

LST32.jpg

They look great, btw!

The side colas on my #5 plant are bigger than the main cola. Its my smallest plant but its gonna give me the most because of the LST.
The only extra thing I would add is that you may want to put a tie at the base of your stalk pulling in the opposite direction you plan to lean the plant.

Love that diagram Xlr8! Cool sh!t. I think I'm gonna LST my cherry tomatoes and snow peas I'm growing now :rofl:

Hey Q I had the same issue with my pre-paid card, supposedly you can call them and get it authorized for overseas use so it's worth a try. Then I used mine to buy $20 worth of gas and they kept the remaining balance locked for over 10 days waiting for the gas station to clear the transaction, and it's a big chain of gas stations. I was not a happy camper. :peace:

Hey Quix -

Dime summed it up pretty good, but I'll suggest that you could start now if you want - that's about the size I would start at, personally. Dime's right, they get really difficult to bend if you wait too long, and they'll move pretty good now I'd think.

I use twist ties as well, and I try to save the ones my kids get with toys that have more of a "rubbery" coating. I should get a spool like the one Dime mentioned...

You should get a lot more tops this way, and it'll make a nice even canopy for you. Here's what my LST inspiration was:

LST32.jpg

They look great, btw!

I wish I would have followed this example on my current grow. I thimk if you can train them around the pot you will be in great shape. The olny thing I see is having your nodes so close it can be a little harder to lst, from what I have seen. Yours look far enough apart to get a good tie down point.

One thing I noticed on my last grow with the LST is that it's a bit more work when the plants are taller. My big girl was 14" tall when I tied them up. If you bend them over now you should be fine. One other thing though, that plant had over 30 tops before she got chopped. Not saying that would happen (hell, don't know if I could get any plant to do that again :rofl:) if you grew them a bit longer first, but all the side branches it had turned up and took off.

The only difference here is my girls were clones and the branches were staggered, not quite as pretty as the symmetry your ladies are showing :). Only suggestion I'd have for you is to bend the top towards an emptier spot in the growth. In the top pic I would say to aim for the top right or bottom right where you can still see soil. Hope that makes sense.

What are you going to use to LST them? I really like the spool of twist-ties as you can cut it the length you want and when you want to tighten it up you just pinch the middle of the line and twist :thumb:

Sorry for the long post, if you have any questions ask away and I'll try my best to help.

Hey Quix -

LST32.jpg

They look great, btw!

The side colas on my #5 plant are bigger than the main cola. Its my smallest plant but its gonna give me the most because of the LST.
The only extra thing I would add is that you may want to put a tie at the base of your stalk pulling in the opposite direction you plan to lean the plant.

I wish I would have followed this example on my current grow. I thimk if you can train them around the pot you will be in great shape. The olny thing I see is having your nodes so close it can be a little harder to lst, from what I have seen. Yours look far enough apart to get a good tie down point.

Ha ha, Dude, now THAT'S what the 420 magazine community is all about right there!:thumb: Thanks guys for all the info and feedback!....

But I went ahead and started yesterday, like, right after I posted. Couldn't wait! And that diagram XL put up is EXACTLY what I had planned. Only difference is I used plain ol white string....It's kinda hard to see exactly how I made my ties, but basically I just made a loop at one end, knotted it, then wrapped the loops around whatever node seemed appropriate, and pulled the loose end of the string through the loop. Then with the loose end hanging over the edge of the pot, I kinda eyeballed a spot to tie knots in a series, cut V-shaped slits in the lip of the pot to latch the knots into. The purpose of a series of knots allows me to come back and adjust the tension, knot by knot until I thinks shes had enough!!

These were at first tie...
P5150003.JPG
P5150004.JPG
P5150005.JPG
P5140001.JPG

This was a few hours later.....
P5150001-1.JPG
P5150002-1.JPG

She corrected in no time....
So I came home today after work and tied her sister, and added 2 more to the first, and this is how the look right now....
P5160005.JPG
P5160002.JPG
P5160004.JPG
P5160001.JPG

Guys I'm really pressed for time but I'll be back later, BIG THANKS to everyone again, :peacetwo:

So I may be getting a little aggressive, let me know if you think so, but they seem to be able to take much more abuse than we give them credit for...Think Blue said that one time...Anyway, just gave #2 another tug....And atarted the change of direction for #1...
P51600021.JPG

P5160002-1.JPG
P51600011.JPG
P5160001-1.JPG

Great job, they look awesome! Cool how fast they turn towards the light.

That looks like the same mason line I was using. :thumb:
one thing to look out for is those slip-knots. I was using the same thing when I started LSTing then switched it out as they got bigger and thicker and the knots started to tighten themselves and squeezed the stems a bit. After a while you can take the anchor line off and the plant will stay put. Good idea with the knots and the notches my man, that will save some time for sure.

Great work, I think you are gonna be REAL happy with the results. I love LST!

:Namaste:

Hey Q! Hope u don't mind if I tag along on ur adventure! Great read so far, especially the stuff ably the budder, cookies, candies, and pie! Mmmmmmmm lol. Plants are looking great bro and nice work on the lst :tokin:

Ok guys I apologize about yesterday, not having time to reply to everyone individually sucks! I really didnt mean to be rude guys!! So...

Hi DIME my man! Thank you for all the kind words and help!:thumb: As you know by now, i'm using the string, but the twist ties are sounding more and more valuable, as making slipknot after slipknot gets to be a bit tedious...Oh, and dont ever worry about long posts brother. I enjoy them thoroughly, and if others dont, there are plenty of boring threads with conversation of little value out there for them!! Intellectualy stimulating threads are more interresting than, um, dumb ones...?:rofl: :peacetwo:

Hey Quix -

LST32.jpg

They look great, btw!

Hey XLR8!!:hookah: Thank you for the kind words as well bro! Like I told Dime, Its starting to sound better, the twist ties that is....Me thinks it might be faster...I cant wait to see how LST changes the dynamic of my little space.That diagram is awesome, and thanks again for your help bud!!:peacetwo:

Hey Inda!! Thanks for adding the part about adding a base support. I did do that already, think I saw Blue do it a while back...? but If I hadnt known that it could have been pretty bad huh?...Cool thing about Northern Light is how their colas form already, cant wait to see if I can grow 12 or so colas like the last two MAIN colas I grew!!:peacetwo:

Hey Q I had the same issue with my pre-paid card, supposedly you can call them and get it authorized for overseas use so it's worth a try. Then I used mine to buy $20 worth of gas and they kept the remaining balance locked for over 10 days waiting for the gas station to clear the transaction, and it's a big chain of gas stations. I was not a happy camper. :peace:

Hey Blue Sorry I dint even respond to you on this one!!! So you think I should get one and do what you did, and call to have them authorize international use? ( I wont be getting any gas with it):)

Great job, they look awesome! Cool how fast they turn towards the light.

That looks like the same mason line I was using. :thumb:
one thing to look out for is those slip-knots. I was using the same thing when I started LSTing then switched it out as they got bigger and thicker and the knots started to tighten themselves and squeezed the stems a bit. After a while you can take the anchor line off and the plant will stay put. Good idea with the knots and the notches my man, that will save some time for sure.

Great work, I think you are gonna be REAL happy with the results. I love LST!

:Namaste:

Yeah Dime, I totally thought bout it choking them. In fact, I was all proud of myself for coming up with the slipknot, because I figured it'd be the easiest way to loosen the choke as the stem gained girth lol....I think as long as I go through every couple days or so and loosen them up n re-sinch 'em they should be cool right?

Im a believer in the LST. Good job. You will be pleased.

Looking good on the LST........you cruel man! :yummy:

C'mmon OMM I already feel bad as it is! No fair painting me in a black leather mask!!! haha, thanks for the kind words bud, what are your thoughts on the practice?...

Hey Q! Hope u don't mind if I tag along on ur adventure! Great read so far, especially the stuff ably the budder, cookies, candies, and pie! Mmmmmmmm lol. Plants are looking great bro and nice work on the lst :tokin:

Hey there Jango!!:welcome: I dont mind at all man feel free to post, ask ,comment and just generally bullshit here anytime. Seen you around a few threads, welcome to mine!!:peacetwo:

Q I don't know what to suggest about the cards, this time I got a MC. Last time I'm pretty sure I got a VISA and it worked fine without calling anyone... I'd check the small print on them. When my MC didn't work I went to their web site and registered it under a fake name, it still didn't work and at that point I'd have had to have called them and then they have my phone number, kinda defeats the purpose of the card. So I just said screw it and used my bank card.

Take care bro :peace:

Hi Brother. Seriously LST helps. It keeps them some what low and adds many more growth points. I'll probably be doing it again soon. I do wear a mask doing it. Scares the crap out of them. :thumb:

Hey Q one more thing I did on my LST was at the base tie off I put some cardboard to cushion the stalk from the twine. I didn't do this on my first attempt at LST and the string cut into the stalk. The plant turned out to be a male so it was all good.

Your girls seem to like some bondage. That along with the sweet nothings you are whispering to them they are growing up so fast:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom