Radogast 2 - Return of the Clones

Congrats Rado.

Rado, do you worry about mold after washing? I have always tryed to keep my reefer as dry as possible. Do you not let it sit for long enough for the water to soak in?

This is something I am into! I have zero experience though.
Do you think you should do the wash right at harvest or would it be ok to do it a week later?

It is wicked frickin humid here "GO PATS" I'm guessing it will take at least two weeks to dry.

Edit... I usually shake the bugs our of the outdoors after a week of dry. Everything is dead by then.
Do you think if you did a later wash it would get dead bugs out?

Grim - I just washed for the first time recently. Do it right at harvest. I washed 1/2 my harvest and did my normal no wash routine on the other half. No worries about mold or rot as long as you sling/fling most of the moisture off and immediately dry them in a dry enviro with air movement. I can tell you the washed buds actually dried faster. They went into jars 2 1/2 days earlier than the no wash. They also seemed to retain density better than the other half.

For me the jury is still out though. We'll see in 3+ months after a good cure.

Rado, do you worry about mold after washing? I have always tryed to keep my reefer as dry as possible. Do you not let it sit for long enough for the water to soak in?

Do you think you should do the wash right at harvest or would it be ok to do it a week later?

It is wicked frickin humid here "GO PATS" I'm guessing it will take at least two weeks to dry.

Edit... I usually shake the bugs our of the outdoors after a week of dry. Everything is dead by then.

Washing is contested. I say that as someone who has done it. You should experiment with it, nonetheless. But I dont think everyone on here whose doing it is getting consistent results.

I have washed a few crops and I am always amazed by how much crap comes off the buds the water ends up a brown colour and this is from indoor grows. As for taste difference I can't tell smoked the same.

I have washed a few crops and I am always amazed by how much crap comes off the buds the water ends up a brown colour and this is from indoor grows. As for taste difference I can't tell smoked the same.

It definitely removes debris. But I have encountered many accounts of people having trouble drying afterwards. The longer the flower stats damp, the easier it is for that grassy mildewy taste to set in. Not to say it cant be done right. It just isn't as quite as simple dunk and hanging.

It definitely removes debris. But I have encountered many accounts of people having trouble drying afterwards. The longer the flower stats damp, the easier it is for that grassy mildewy taste to set in. Not to say it cant be done right. It just isn't as quite as simple dunk and hanging.

I just make sure the humidity is around 60 and an oscillating keeps them slowly moving I`ve had no problems with mold.

Grim, I swear by bud washing. I can't speak to whether it effects the taste, but I can say the produce dries quickly and I've never had any concerns about mold. I also do something Doc recommends that I'm not certain many others do, in that I hang them to dry with some light for the first day and put them into darkness the following morning. It has something to do with the fact that even after being chopped the plant continues to do photosynthesis and you want to keep that going until it can't any more. I have no idea about the science behind this, but I've always followed his advice.

Heirloom, you fling the water from your buds? I let them drip and hang them immediately. Of course they drip everywhere. You must wash in a garage, where water splattering wouldn't make your wife go "WHAT are you DOING?" :laughtwo:

I had my first scissor hash with Cheese Candy. I typically don't trim that close, but this time I was more focused , I guess. I decided I need to harvest more and trim closer. LOL!

Heirloom, you fling the water from your buds? I let them drip and hang them immediately. Of course they drip everywhere. You must wash in a garage, where water splattering wouldn't make your wife go "WHAT are you DOING?" :laughtwo:

This was my first go with washing. I set up buckets out on my deck. I have no neighbors to worry about. It made sense to me to remove as much water as possible prior to hanging...so I gave every branch several high g-force slings. No damage as far as I can tell. And no wife to freak out.

Wow Rad - congrats on the harvest and ...... Nice buds there buddy! You're rockin it. Very nice.

Those B's are freaking cool looking as all get out. I'm jealous, you have the purps in spades.

Good to see you made it down the the Big Easy.. That's a town everyone should visit at least 1 time. I've been there some, love the food, music & dance (all of it), the party atmosphere and the folks are mighty fine too! Next time check out Lafayette, LA another great city where the politicians are selected based on musical talent - the old school way, no shit and the food is even BETTER there. In Lafayette you go out for brunch and a dance breaks out with live music an all, and the food, OH my.

Kids? My problems with family was finding a suitable hiding place for my stash. I think they used pot sniffing dogs to find mine. Now I just smoke them out!! hahaha. I love doing that! Our one son (at 26 years old), smoked with me and I'm like this is not street weed be careful. He does the puff puff puff with no pass puff puff puff. He got a sativa high with a slice of panic attack and wanted to call 911! Ativan to the rescue ... Step back away from the cell phone!

Anyways looking good there brother - total killer buds. :bravo::high-five::passitleft:

Same here.....after trimming my fingers are totally gummed up with stuff and it's usually a carry on to wash it off and get rid of the smell.

How do you get the stuff off your fingers to render it smokable? Thanks :thanks:

You take your fingers inside your gloves that are gummy with resin and you roll/push it into a ball of resin. You also scrape/roll the gummy resin on the scissors into the same little ball and try to make it big and magical - just like a little kid or stoner would do. :) :rofl: :rofl:

I was just making that up ... I think she used a flatware knife from our mixed drawer of flatware and scraped/rolled. I got the growers portion for no work :)

It is now friday at home after work. I smoked a bowl of 2 days old oven-dried Borderliner Bowie plus a little disk of finger hash/scissor hash that was stored in two different grinder kief compartments for 2 days of use - Well I couldn't finish the bowl before the high hit. --- That was 20 minutes ago, so the smoke report is in the eary data collection phase as I type.

Normally bud washed weed dries 2 days quicker, (in 6-8 days at 45-65 F,) so I don't worry about mold since it is faster.
If you wash weed a week later, it might add 1 day to drying time, but it will have cleaned the bugs and dust then dried without mold after another 5-7 days.

picture playing the world's tiniest violin....
For an hour or so

uhuh. I see what you are doing here. :)

That too! I've watched all the strain hunters videos where they make charas. Dont know why I didn't think of that.

You guys are having way too much fun ! :rofl:

Congrats Rado.

Harvest time feels like Autumn, but more an 'Indian Summer' - (That's got to be a compliment to the Native American tribes way of life. you know, that they knew the joy of life among the trees and grasses. - (If that's sensitive, please let me know.))

I think we should all enjoy life :)

It is now friday at home after work. I smoked a bowl of 2 days old oven-dried Borderliner Bowie plus a little disk of finger hash/scissor hash that was stored in two different grinder kief compartments for 2 days of use - Well I couldn't finish the bowl before the high hit. --- That was 20 minutes ago, so the smoke report is in the eary data collection phase as I type.

I guess it was 1 hour and 20 mins later. It's quite possible I am somewhat high. :)

I should have sprayed for spider mites on Thursday (3 days in between,) so the spider mites were the worst I've seen. I had never seen an actual mite ( I wastn't sure, it wasn't moving). Tonight, I saw 15 on one web the size of a dollar bill folded once. I gave out a good spray of home brewed Rosemary Tea. We will see if my Tea Recipe has an effect :)

Spraying Rosemary Tea for Spider Mites

20150911_205017-1.jpg

Mites aren't dead, but they are moving slower. We will see tomorrow morning.

20150911_204939-1.jpg

I had those little buggers earlier this year and a growing buddy of mine suggested a nicotine garlic spray. sprayed twice in two weeks and they are gone. YEAH!!

Back
Top Bottom