Radogast 2 - Return of the Clones

:goodluck:

Normally bud washed weed dries 2 days quicker, (in 6-8 days at 45-65 F,) so I don't worry about mold since it is faster.
If you wash weed a week later, it might add 1 day to drying time, but it will have cleaned the bugs and dust then dried without mold after another 5-7 days.

Gotcha. So the water drying out actually accelerates the moisture leaving the bud? This is all new to me and I will do some research but it sounds like something I could be into.

I couldn't remember where the tiniest violin thing came from, its just the first thing that popped into my head when i was trying to figure out how i got this goop off my digits. I think it was Seinfeld possibly SNL. It is apparently now just pop culture and the interwebs doesn't even know.

Do you think you lose trichs in the wash? That would be my biggest fear going into this.

I would love to accompany those that make trips like this, what an experience.

I would love to accompany those that make trips like this, what an experience.

No joke. You could probably find some way of getting in touch with the bearded dude and apprentice (or something of that nature) with him. They live sort of commune style, so I wouldn't be surprised if laborers come and go.

Gotcha. So the water drying out actually accelerates the moisture leaving the bud? This is all new to me and I will do some research but it sounds like something I could be into.

I couldn't remember where the tiniest violin thing came from, its just the first thing that popped into my head when i was trying to figure out how i got this goop off my digits. I think it was Seinfeld possibly SNL. It is apparently now just pop culture and the interwebs doesn't even know.

Do you think you lose trichs in the wash? That would be my biggest fear going into this.

There have been a couple of folks who took before and after photos of individual bud sites. There has been at least one person who used bubble hash screens to search for trichomes. Noone has done chemical analysis (as far as I know.)

and the results are ...
:tommy:
Single digit trichome losses per branch.
Don't worry. Be Happy.
:ganjamon::party::Rasta:

BTW: My brother was saying world smallest violin in 1964. I heard the phrase on SNL during the Bill Murray years. I suspect the phrase has been around since the Victorian era, at least.

No joke. You could probably find some way of getting in touch with the bearded dude and apprenticing (or something of that nature) with him. They live sort of commune style, so I wouldn't be surprised if laborers come and go.

If you find yourself in this area and see bearded guys with sharply wrapped blue turbans and obvious swords, rifles, or horses - ask them if they are Nihang (nee-hung.) They have been living off the grid in communes in the Punjab (north India) near the Himalayas for more than 400 years, drinking a lot of Bhang (cannabis tea?) and practising their warcraft. They are fierce but generally honest and trustworthy - just the guys you want beside you in a fight. Anyway - a guy dressed like that will probably know a guy, or know a guy who has the hookup.

If you find yourself in this area and see bearded guys with sharply wrapped blue turbans and obvious swords, rifles, or horses - ask them if they are Nihang (nee-hung.) They have been living off the grid in communes in the Punjab (north India) near the Himalayas for more than 400 years, drinking a lot of Bhang (cannabis tea?) and practising their warcraft. They are fierce but generally honest and trustworthy - just the guys you want beside you in a fight. Anyway - a guy dressed like that will probably know a guy, or know a guy who has the hookup.

Bucket listed!

I have two unsexed plants in veg that are running about 18" tall. I expect they will move into the flower room in 3-6 weeks.
Ishould have taken clones and sexed them weeks ago, but I somewhat forgot my veg area was not all girls.

Do I have time to clone and sex these plants before flower?

If so, should I just put the cuttings and cloner in the flower room, or do I need roots and fresh growth first?

Fighting spider mites in the flower room (bad) and veg room (not bad right now.) They laugh at my rosemary tea. Trying 1% neem oil.

Stella in Early Veg - 60 days since seed planted

20150913_173211-1.jpg

Late Veg (R to L) : Breeder seed Janice(R), Snowcap Snow Queen, Girl Scout Cookie(L), Breeder seed Lachesis (Back left)

20150913_173650.jpg

Snowcap and Girl Scout Cookies were the clones that brought spider mites into the grow. New Rule: No outside clones until this becomes a grow-your-own recreational state!

Breeder seeds Janice and Lachesis are unsex, might be males.
Thus 2-4 veg will be going into flower and male in the next 3-5 weeks.

Dramatic shrinkage

Borderliner Bowie nug before 9/9 harvest

20150909_184901-1.jpg

Bowie nug during 9/9 trim

20150909_190913-1.jpg

Bowie nug after 4 days of dry

20150913_210037-1.jpg

Bowie lost a lot of size AND her buds are airy. If she kept her trichomes from shedding, she could be a high percentage of dank.

Breeder seed Big Bertha. She kept most of her size, but has also gone from dense to airy

20150913_210217-1.jpg

Nice buds there buddy!! Sorry to hear about the spider mites. I just found a few thrips today (mainly just a nuisance) on my new little girls. I ordered some spinosad which I will spray on the plants and follow with neen oil spray in a week and neen cake sprinkled top dress. This will also work on spider mites.

The master trimmer :byebye: smoked two bowls :ganjamon: (a common dose) :lot-o-toke: of oven dried Borderliner Bowie popcorn with two scrapes off the scissor hash ball. :yummy:
(5 minutes later.) :bong:

"I'm high. I'm really high, high as F*k. .. No really (giggle.)" :ciao::rollit:

"(giggle)" I haven't been this high since I first ate brownies. :morenutes::nomo: I had two brownies and everyone else ate half a brownie and was high as fuck. I'm that high. I coughed.":roorrip::cough:

"Tastes fruity.. I'm really high (giggle.)" :surrender::hippy:
"I gotta go tell someone.":high-five::slide::slide::trance::blalol:

are ya high lmao

Nice buds there buddy!! Sorry to hear about the spider mites. I just found a few thrips today (mainly just a nuisance) on my new little girls. I ordered some spinosad which I will spray on the plants and follow with neen oil spray in a week and neen cake sprinkled top dress. This will also work on spider mites.

I put neem cake in the soil several months ago. I was considering buying neem cake to add when I add worm castings to used soil.

Rad,

I could send you a bottle of the chili extract I just made. That was what really did it for me when I went to war with the little buggers. Well not extract, because I hadn't made it at that point, but I used fresh habaneros and it worked very well for me. I decided to make this extract because habaneros are expensive when purchasing enough for the number of plants I have. So I thought I would try an extract.

I will be deploying my first spray of the exact later this week. Let me know if you are interested and I will drop you a bottle (I yielded two bottles) I think each bottle will last for a good deal of time.

Keep your head up, Raddo! Keep fighting the good fight!

I put neem cake in the soil several months ago. I was considering buying neem cake to add when I add worm castings to used soil.

Yah I always add neen to my soil mix for the very reason to keep pests to a minimum. This time I used a different hummus source - Coast of Main that was my only change. I think I had thrips before that tho. They are not too bad although the plants dont like them, kinda like having flees/lice your not going to die, but its not comfortable either and I see it in the little ones that have them. I top dressed a little neem cake meal, ordered spinosad and am steeping some neem in water, 2 tbs/gal water, to use as a foiler spray tomorrow. I can't use it on the big girls tho... this same IPM will get rid of the Mites too! So will the hot pepper foiler!

Whatever you use be sure you break the insect cycle, meaning they will lay eggs and more adults are coming so you have to kill the next round before they reproduce. I'm not sure of the life cycle of spider mites tho.. a week or 2 I think so regular IPM is the way to go. We are getting insect pests due to the extremely hot weather we finally got finished with so it will be a lot easier to manage now that the temps are back to normal.

I've added into my top drench a teaspoon of Pro-tekt per/gal of water to pour in. Helps with the stress the critters cause to the plants.

Back
Top Bottom