Rifleman's Roost Open 24/7: Perpetually Perplexed

Bucket top offs are becoming a chore. Tiresome you might say. :laughtwo:

4A + 2qt = 3qts in 2 days
SS + 4qt = 19qts in 6 days
BT + 5qt = 18.5qts in 4 days <~~~~ :thedoubletake::eek::thedoubletake::eek:
DC + 1qt = 4qts in 10 days

After the top offs I did water changes on SS, BT & DC.

SS ppm out 736, pH out 7.0@68....ppm in 1250, pH in 6.3@68
BT ppm out 951, pH out 6.8@68....ppm in 1290, pH in 6.3@68
DC ppm out 463, pH out 6.8@68....ppm in 593, pH in 6.5@68

The NCH was on day 96...Was. :tommy: I gave her the hairy eyeball and a fat fingering while I had her out. I managed to have a couple of seeds roll out onto my finger, so it was time. As I trimmed her I found several more little brown beans in her. :cheesygrinsmiley: The NCH S1 project was a success. Only 74g wet, but I'm happy with the out come.

I also took a photo of the roots of BT. She is drinking like no other plant I've ever grown. A big greasy smelly beast she be. :p

So @Dro don't sweat your roots growing in a ball, it's what they do. Start here too, it might help even out some of the bumps you're having. ~~~> DWC & seed tutorial.

Peace out y'all. I'll holler back at ya Monday...ish. :peace:

Bucket top offs are becoming a chore. Tiresome you might say. :laughtwo:

4A + 2qt = 3qts in 2 days
SS + 4qt = 19qts in 6 days
BT + 5qt = 18.5qts in 4 days <~~~~ :thedoubletake::eek::thedoubletake::eek:
DC + 1qt = 4qts in 10 days

After the top offs I did water changes on SS, BT & DC.

SS ppm out 736, pH out 7.0@68....ppm in 1250, pH in 6.3@68
BT ppm out 951, pH out 6.8@68....ppm in 1290, pH in 6.3@68
DC ppm out 463, pH out 6.8@68....ppm in 593, pH in 6.5@68

The NCH was on day 96...Was. :tommy: I gave her the hairy eyeball and a fat fingering while I had her out. I managed to have a couple of seeds roll out onto my finger, so it was time. As I trimmed her I found several more little brown beans in her. :cheesygrinsmiley: The NCH S1 project was a success. Only 74g wet, but I'm happy with the out come.

I also took a photo of the roots of BT. She is drinking like no other plant I've ever grown. A big greasy smelly beast she be. :p

So @Dro don't sweat your roots growing in a ball, it's what they do. Start here too, it might help even out some of the bumps you're having. ~~~> DWC & seed tutorial.

Peace out y'all. I'll holler back at ya Monday...ish. :peace:

That's awesome man! Thanks for the pic. I hope mine starts to show some positive signs

@Rifleman I have spent many hours reading your journal! I didn't make it through all but I have learned a lot already!

I am thinking about growing a couple in Coco. Would you suggest a 3 or 5 gal fabric pot?

I've never grown in coco, and only have a couple of successful grows in anything other than DWC, so all I can say is...... Bigger pot, bigger roots, bigger harvest. Good luck with it.

Sunday 3-10-19

4A + 1.5qt = 4.5qts
SS + 2.5qt = 2.5qts
BT + 3.5qt = 3.5qts
DC + 0.5qt = 0.5qts

Monday 3-11-19

4A + 2qt = 6.5qts
SS + 3.5qt = 6qts
BT + 6qt = 9.5qts <~~~~ 9.5qts since the water change Saturday. 2 days ago !! :thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake: NEVER, have I had a plant drink this much this far into the grow (day 70).

DC +0.0qt = 0.5qts

I bet I'm doing another water change on BT by Wednesday. This is getting a little on the absurd side. I've had plants twice her height, with colas that measured 12 inches in circumference, and they didn't drink like this girl. :hmmmm: Anybody want to take a guess at how much top off water she needs tomorrow ? :laughtwo:

I've never grown in coco, and only have a couple of successful grows in anything other than DWC, so all I can say is...... Bigger pot, bigger rots, bigger harvest. Good luck with it.

I swear I saw some plants in Coco through this journal! Maybe someone else posted it and I was too high to notice lol.

I am still doing the DWC and seeing all your success gives me hope. I really like your documentation, helps me compare and see what I am missing.

Geez... all this tech discussion lately... great that you're helpin folks out... but I think you still need a dog. Just sayin. I'd have someone to smell up the place with while you banter on about plants.

I'm not ready for another fur baby yet. Not to mention that I'd like to be free to roam without any guilty feelings this year. If I can get this one last little medical problem healed I might show up on some doorsteps this year bearing gifts for my fine hosts. Momma raised a gentleman like that. :adore:

I swear I saw some plants in Coco through this journal! Maybe someone else posted it and I was too high to notice lol.

There's no telling what you might find in the back pages here. I once had another member post an update of his entire grow to my journal instead of his own.:rofl:

I am still doing the DWC and seeing all your success gives me hope. I really like your documentation, helps me compare and see what I am missing.

I try to make it as simple as I can, and lure folks to DWC. My goal is to get @SweetSue to try a bubble bucket just once. :circle-of-love:

3-12-19

4A +1.5qts = 8qts...day 76
SS +3qts = 9qts.....day 72
BT +2.5qts = 12qts.day 71
DC +0.5qt = 1qt......day 67

Somewhere in the two to three weeks left range right now. I usually expect my autos to go between 90 and 100 days. Stay tuned I'll be checking trichomes in the next day or so.

Same pot time, same pot channel. :ganjamon:

So I'm sitting here thinking a couple of steps ahead to my next grow, how to time it, and what should it be. :hmmmm:

No doubt it will be DWC as I need the largest harvests I can get. My habit is ferocious. :lot-o-toke:
And I'm pretty sure it's going to be a photo period grow, I've been stuck on autos for a while now.

A flip of the coin determined it will be Indica....which means it can only be one thing. The only photo Indica beans I have in stock :theband:~~~> Elemental Seeds, True OG.

Anybody have experience with it? Comments please if you can.

Hell.... I remember when they made the move from BW to color.
Rut ro is right!

We're not old, just vintage, authentic, mid century, antique, ...uh... um... er... aw phuk it, were old as shit :rolleyes: but at least we aren't :rip:.

This gal has been lurking for awhile in the back corner of my tent. This one stretched a ton, looks like she'll be purple too. Sorry about the pic quality, I was a bit shakey this evening.

This gal has been lurking for awhile in the back corner of my tent. This one stretched a ton, looks like she'll be purple too. Sorry about the pic quality, I was a bit shakey this evening.

She looks good to me. :high-five: My favorite stage too, just getting her buds going, sexy. :p They are so easy to care for at that point... unlike my daily water adventures. :laughtwo:

aw phuk it, were old as shit :rolleyes: but at least we aren't :rip:.

I'm still trying to decide what I want to do when I grow up.

Dat's a great lookin SSDC Ganja. Keep her under 75f and you should see plenty of purple. I did a few dances with them in the heat and they stay mostly green until cooler weather rolls around.

3-13-19

4A day 77 +2qts = 10qts in 6 days
SS day 73 +3qts = 12qts in 4 days
BT day 72 +5qts = 17qts in 4 days
DC day 68 +0qts = 1qt in 4 days

I don't have time this morning, but every one except DC will get a water change later today. I'm still in awe at the amount of water BT is using. :thedoubletake:

The NCH is almost ready to put into jars. So far just shaking the drying tray I've gathered about 30 new S1 beans. :yahoo:

I'll post the ppm/pH readings from the water change after they're done this evening. Later folks. :peace:

Keep her under 75f and you should see plenty of purple.
No worries there. She gets down to about 68 at night, no higher than 75 during lights on.

My favorite stage too, just getting her buds going, sexy.
She was just living in the corner quietly, all of a sudden she was as tall as my tall plants. Guy can't complain.

I know i said I'd post this yesterday, but I got really high and lazy. :rolleyes: Yes I know I'm fairly useless. :rofl:

Water changes on 3-13-19

4A.....ppm/pH out 752/7.1@70.....ppm/pH in 1040/6.3@69
SS.....ppm/pH out 918/6.4@70.....ppm/pH in 1270/6.3@67
BT....ppm/pH out 909/6.9@71.....ppm/pH in 1290/6.3@69

I'll go top off the buckets in a bit and get that info posted right away.... trust me. :blunt:

Back
Top Bottom