Rifleman's Roost Open 24/7: Perpetually Perplexed

I've decided that breeder times mean jack shit in dwc. :thedoubletake: My auto experience has been they go about 30% longer. I just flipped the lights on the giant dwc with the sativa. The only other time I've grown it I was forced to chop at ten weeks after flip. It was all foxtailed and not ready by any measure. The wait is on.
Amen to that my friend. I have one strain I like called Medicann's Kush Fromage for its small size and fast turn around. Breeder says 35-45 days, which anyone should know is BS. :laughtwo: In soil she practically keels over dead in 60 - 65 days, but in DWC she has gone 90+ days. That's twice the breeder time and weeks longer than the ones I have grown in soil.

Wonder why the difference in dwc? I just started a blue treacle auto that was a freebie from gorilla and it says 60-65 days start to finish. So in your experience thats not gonna be even a close number?

Wonder why the difference in dwc? I just started a blue treacle auto that was a freebie from gorilla and it says 60-65 days start to finish. So in your experience thats not gonna be even a close number?
I'm just guessing here, perhaps it is that in a 15 liter bucket DWC the roots don't get root bound at all and grow unrestricted, but I always grow in soil with 11 liter smart pots. Perhaps if you had a big enough pot to begin with the grow times would be longer. This spring I plan on trying a couple autos outside to see how they react to that environment.

I have one of those too. I look forward to seeing what it does for you. I'll be surprised if it's done in 80 or less. :)

I'm just guessing here, perhaps it is that in a 15 liter bucket DWC the roots don't get root bound at all and grow unrestricted, but I always grow in soil with 11 liter smart pots. Perhaps if you had a big enough pot to begin with the grow times would be longer. This spring I plan on trying a couple autos outside to see how they react to that environment.

I hope you'll document the outdoor autos for us? :)

I hope you'll document the outdoor autos for us? :)
I will try to do that. Still looking for a decent place on my property to have a grow. I am half tempted to just put them in the veggie garden. I live far enough out in the country that I might be able to get away with one or two autos.

I'll be sure to post a few pics when it starts to get somewhere. Only about 8 days from seed at the moment.
I never expect less than 10-12 weeks when growing autos in DWC. That Kush Fromage is getting really old and the trichs are still about half and half clear/cloudy with less than 5% amber. Still drinking a couple liters a day too.

....I never expect less than 10-12 weeks when growing autos in DWC.

SDD sealed her fate today. If I can keep her alive 100 days I'm going to. I used a plastic bag last week over the ball sacs, and put it on the top cola. A close look today's reveals shriveled and receding pistils not only there, but on the branches next to the balls. I'm going to give her 35 days from now, maybe longer. As close quarters as this tent is I've probably pollinated the MSC also. :thedoubletake: :hmmmm: Dark devil fem pollen and a sour crack mother. What do you call that, Sour Devil? Dark Crack? :rofl:

Hi RM
The great thing about journals is, even though I only subbed in now I feel as if I was chilling there in my hammock toking away all the while
After reading this I finally have the guts to start breeding. I've always been rather scared, but with all the info on here, WTH not.:cheer:

If you're thinking about making fem pollen let me also direct you to STS. AKA Silver Thiosulfate. Inexpensive but you can't consume any of the plant that is sprayed.

Photo dump tonight. :cheesygrinsmiley: Days 65 and 60 for the autos. The sdd has been put through a self pollination trial. The last two photos of her buds are of the top cola a few days after that. The two photos above those are of buds that were not molested. I think she might be knocked up. Another 35 days for mature seeds if so, farkin 100 day plants. :biglaugh:

The msc is below those. Frosty and a little fatter than her room mate, but I can see her going another 35 days also. :)

SDD Day 65

MSC Day 60

OH DUDE! The purple ones.... so sexy. All of them... awesome.

Nice update RM
Things are looking nice and frosty in your garden.
Can not wait till my garden is back up and flowering again, the sight of your frost has me envious ;)

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Let me drop a couple of tonight's photos of AL on you. As OG predicted I'm having trouble tucking the middle. Today is Flip +8 and the first pistils starting to pop out. Looks like AN Bud Igniter works. She drank a gallon a day from Monday to today and she isn't even building flowers yet. Dare I boost the light to 1K watts? :rofl: Of course I will...later.

Happy weekend. Sending :peace: and green vibes to everyone. :Namaste:

Squares are 2x2 inches. She is roughly 26x30 now. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Glad to hear the ignitor is working for you. I flipped mine a few days ago and this is the first time im using it. Im hoping for good things

I've seen results with it and Voodoo Juice. With the juice I saw roots out of the baskets quicker than I ever have before. In future grows I'll be doing some side by side tests of their other products to see which I'll continue to use. Already I don't like B52 and if I can prove to myself that it's benefits are negligible, it'll be the first one I cut. Every dollar saved is another one toward a new *purpose built* garage afterall. :)

Voodoo juice and great white with a little humic acid and hygrozyme thrown in have kicked my root development up so much since i started using them that i will never not use them. Both my taproots are thicker than my finger. Never bothered with B52 but i like their rhino skin. My branches have most definitely gotten stronger sonce i started using it. My main stem is so damn thick and is solid as rock. lol

Back
Top Bottom