Rifleman's Roost Open 24/7: Perpetually Perplexed

Big changes coming to The Roost today. The hps is already back up in the large tent. Timers set for a 10.5/13.5 lighting schedule, and a once a day feeding for now. The screen has been returned to its large configuration and I'm just waiting for the new tent to be delivered. The auto girls will be moved and treated to an extended dark period today so I can set them for lights on during the daytime. That'll give me a tent with lights on anytime of the day that I might be awake and looking for something to do. :) I'll post some photos of AL tonight once the autos are out of the way and the screen is back in place. Stop back by after work today and see what's happening. :peace:

Public Service Announcement

If you don't already screen your stalks, stems, and twigs you are throwing away product. This morning I took all of the aforementioned and broke then down into pieces about 5 inches long. I put a large handful into the Trim Bin with the 220 screen in the bottom, a make shift aluminum foil lid, and a 3 minute shake and toss. Out of three plants worth of material I collected another two grams of kief. Total project time about 30 minutes. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hell yes I'm frugal. :rofl:

There is harmony at The Roost today. Even the chickens have agreed to a temporary cease fire. My new Mars 4x4 tent was delivered. :yahoo:
This is a nicely made quality tent for the cost. There is a small amount of light that comes through a few places along the zipper, but not a big deal. I know some of you will say if light can come out, some can come in. We'll that's true, but this is a really small amount, just a glow, and I keep my growing rooms dark when lights are out anyways. It's not like I'm growing in the main living area. :) The zippers glide smooth and don't have a tendency of grabbing the trimming, unlike my Apollo tent. There are plenty of pass thru ports for ducting , electrical, and just plain peeping. It took me one hour working alone to put it together completely and install lights, pump, fan, etc.

I don't think I could be happier. If you're interested in adding another tent, you could do a LOT worse for a bunch more money. Don't forget to contact SmokeSara for your discount. It isn't a large amount considering the tent isn't very expensive, but every penny counts.

I get zipper light. Much less than a moonlit night... but I get a touch. I use a black plastic bag draped over the front of the tent to block light leakage.

I really don't think it's even going to need that. It is barely a glow. I really am pleased. It is a much nicer tent than my Apollo. The metal frame corners even have a plastic plate where the tent rides so it doesn't rip, snag, or tear. I would... (Shhhhhhsh, will) buy another one if my needs grow. :rofl:

Day 100 for the Amnesia Lemon. Lots going on with her too. She finally has the tent and hps to herself, and got a reservoir change to a blooming recipe. The hps will be run at 750w. The reservoir change was the first since Jan 16. I restrung the screen today in an effort to find some way to contain the coming stretch.:cheesygrinsmiley: It is 37x39, and AL is 18x23 right now. Lights will be a 10.5/13.5 I'm sure I'm forgetting some detail at the moment, but I'm so stoked about the new garden area and changes, I just can't think of it. WTH, everybody dig into a brownie...or two, and let's call this one of the Good Days. :)

Peace Y'all, :peace:

Dang Rm you'd thing you had some kinda game plan going on here as dialed in as things are for you and your garden:high-five: I LOVE IT! Doubles as a great "doghouse" fur when mama/CEO goes on the war path ehh.... Maybe a little hammock in there, some music! Hahaha Congrats buddy on the wonderful addition, she ll be full before you know it:thumb:

Dang Rm you'd thing you had some kinda game plan going on here as dialed in as things are for you and your garden:high-five: I LOVE IT! Doubles as a great "doghouse" fur when mama/CEO goes on the war path ehh.... Maybe a little hammock in there, some music! Hahaha Congrats buddy on the wonderful addition, she ll be full before you know it:thumb:

Thanks for the kind words BB. No game plan here, no dialed anything unless you count my bath soap. :rofl: It really has been all luck :thumb: and I'm not complaining. :) I have a little ocd/adhd civil war going on with myself at all times, so I'll take what I can get. The autos are moved into their new home, and are feeling good but snug. Not so much that they don't have room to fatten up though. You can see in the photo that I'll be rotating plants daily if not more. The LED footprint just isn't the same as my old hps. Boy howdy, that 1000w would rock this tent. :goof: I can see me now. Sunbathing under the 1000w between two fat girls, drinking an ice cold Pabst. Folks life don't get any better than that. :love: :peace:

Side note for those of you that are interested in the cVaults. They have a new upgraded set of latches that allow for the use of a security strap. A definite plus if you need the extra seal to keep the chickens out of your stash. :)

Man, my Dark Devil is on 54 days and she's just about done, under a week I'd guess. Shocked that yours looks like it'll easily run out to 70-80 days, eh?

Side note for those of you that are interested in the cVaults. They have a new upgraded set of latches that allow for the use of a security strap. A definite plus if you need the extra seal to keep the chickens out of your stash. :)

:rofl: :adore: :rofl:

Man, my Dark Devil is on 54 days and she's just about done, under a week I'd guess. Shocked that yours looks like it'll easily run out to 70-80 days, eh? :rofl: :adore: :rofl:

Hey RTK :byebye: Congrats on your win. :) Im hoping she goes closer to 90 or 100. I really didn't want to futz with another three or four month plant, but I don't think she will get very fat if she doesn't go way long. The sour crack might go 80, depends on how fat she wants to get. New strains for me, so it's all a crap shoot. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey RTK :byebye: Congrats on your win. :) Im hoping she goes closer to 90 or 100. I really didn't want to futz with another three or four month plant, but I don't think she will get very fat if she doesn't go way long. The sour crack might go 80, depends on how fat she wants to get. New strains for me, so it's all a crap shoot. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks RM, much appreciated. Yours was the first month I got here and didn't really know about the contests yet, so a very belated congrats on yours as well.

LOL, I thought I was stretching it at 20 days past the breeders posted timelines, I'd love to see one at 100 days. No losing patience with her now. :)

Just about everything is still new strains for me, so I'm pretty familiar with the crap shoot.

I've decided that breeder times mean jack shit in dwc. :thedoubletake: My auto experience has been they go about 30% longer. I just flipped the lights on the giant dwc with the sativa. The only other time I've grown it I was forced to chop at ten weeks after flip. It was all foxtailed and not ready by any measure. The wait is on.

Hey RM
can surely tell your OCD by your SCROG. Looks great though you did overkill a bit with the PVC in the center of it. I am guessing those strings are so tight you could strum it like a guitar :laugh:
the center section of your scrog looks really full which could cause you grief as you are going into the stretch. While the outer branches will be easy to tuck under the net, the branches in the center only have one direction to grow and that is up since the center area is already full up. in the future you may want to leave narrow areas for future tucking in the center area. Think of it as painting a floor and you started in the middle, now you have painted yourself into a corner :rofl::rofl::rofl:

On the bright side, it is all a learning experience and what fun is learning if you know everything already. I am sure it will still do quiet nicely for you, you always seem to have the luck of the Irish working in your corner:cheesygrinsmiley:

What are you planning for an outdoor grow this year RM? Or will you stay indoors?

Back
Top Bottom