Rifleman's Roost Open 24/7: Perpetually Perplexed

Darn it Luke, I was trying to not be tempted by seeds for a while. A couple of these look real enticing. I've never looked closely at their catalogue, although A-Train always encouraged me to.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

How long does it normally take for DDA beans to germ?

I have two in a paper towel on my germ heat mat going on 3 days now and one seems like it popped but the taproot is just peeking but its been peeking for a day

Been debating spritzing them with some h2o2

If you got your seed from where I think you did, I can tell you there were copious amounts of Rhinoskin used while producing them. I haven't noticed any problems germinating them, but I do germ at a slightly higher temp than most folks I'm sure. (Wet paper towel in a zip lock on top of a 1985 27" RCA console TV.)

BTW once they are growing you're going to have the same feeling for the first couple of weeks. They are the slowest growing plants I've ever seen until week three. ;)

In my recent experience. It seems auto seed casings are harder than photo seeds. But that's just how it seems to me

I'll have to watch closer the next time I drop photo beans and see if this can be confirmed more. :)

If you got your seed from where I think you did, I can tell you there were copious amounts of Rhinoskin used while producing them. I haven't noticed any problems germinating them, but I do germ at a slightly higher temp than most folks I'm sure. (Wet paper towel in a zip lock on top of a 1985 27" RCA console TV.)

BTW once they are growing you're going to have the same feeling for the first couple of weeks. They are the slowest growing plants I've ever seen until week three. ;)

I'll have to watch closer the next time I drop photo beans and see if this can be confirmed more. :)

+1 on the cable box technique I take it one extra step with some aluminum foil to block light.

P.s. you're dating yourself a little with the tv my friend ...

Thx rifelman I have them in a moist towel in a ziplock between two plates on my germ heat pad. Two popped but looks more like its sticking a tiny tongue out instead of the 1/4 tail im use to. I might give them another day. As long as I don't let them dry they should stay viable correct?

Correct. :)

Happy to say I had two DDA's germ and they are now in their medium just waiting to sprout

Here's a little one that fell on my scissors just today....

DSCN50123.JPG
DSCN50151.JPG

I heard that the yields arent huge but the quality makes up for it. In your opinion what do you think the average yields are for DDA's

I'm a dwc grower so my yields are typically higher. The last run of DDA was four plants under 18/6 1200w led. I got a little over a pound. Actual numbers are buried in the journal somewhere around March this year.

Back
Top Bottom