RM's First Grow, Unknown Seeds

I think you will be fine. That is why I specifically wanted to try the KindSoil first. I'm such a noob and am afraid of the whole nute thing. My JH in FFOF soil is only getting organic which is more forgiving from what I hear. Just gotta keep getting on..lol

You can easily make a drip system out of a home depot 5gal bucket, a fountain pump, and drip irrigation. Put it on a timer and your golden. I think you'll end up being happy with coco. It's so much easier then soil (at least for me) and once you have a drip system, your grow is pretty much automated. If it wasn't for my scrog I'd have nothing to do but mix nutes

You are doing fine, Riley May. It takes a grow to find your stride. To discover what works for you vs what doesn't. To find the balance between light and heat, tuning the pH of your selected media and finding the optimal nutrient level for your strain.

It's a fun and rewarding journey. Hang in there!

You can easily make a drip system out of a home depot 5gal bucket, a fountain pump, and drip irrigation. Put it on a timer and your golden. I think you'll end up being happy with coco. It's so much easier then soil (at least for me) and once you have a drip system, your grow is pretty much automated. If it wasn't for my scrog I'd have nothing to do but mix nutes

Yeah I seen yours looks great :) it's certainly something am going to look at. Especially with the next grow not been in the bedroom haha

RM's First Grow - Unknown Seeds

just flying by for a check in your garden. Coco needs more ferts.. Once a week feeding or if you water every day ( I read you said that in earlier posts) every 3-4 days but not too strong.

You are doing fine, Riley May. It takes a grow to find your stride. To discover what works for you vs what doesn't. To find the balance between light and heat, tuning the pH of your selected media and finding the optimal nutrient level for your strain.

It's a fun and rewarding journey. Hang in there!

Thank you for you kind words Obi your totally right. A massive enjoyable learning curve :)

Day 24 (From braking the surface)

Temperature: Max 81.2 Min 62.1

Humidity: 10% guessing false reading.

Water: Today I Bought a pH pen and boy did I really see the true pH's what Iv been feeding them poor guys. What I thought was pH about pH 7.0 was really pH 7.8 and what I thought was pH 5.5/6 was more like pH 3.5/4 however lessons learnt and possibly the reason for the poorly plants discovered. So a good day (hopefully). I watered/feed all with a perfect 5.7 pH felt good not guessing and watered all 10 plants with around a litre each till small run off.

Nutrients: 1/2 Strength: Coco A+B, Roots, Silicon, Calmag.

Photos in the morning :)

Day 25 (From braking surface)

Temp: Max 78.3 Min 62.6

RH: Max86% Min 35%

420-magazine-mobile226755034.jpg

Will continue to water daily with 1/2 nutes. They looked a lot healthier this morning.

Considering culling 3 and 10. 1 and 5 too but at a later date am enjoying the battle to trying to get them to full health.

Thanks for everyone's continuing help .

Day 27 (From cracking surface)

Temp: Max 80.1 Min 62.8 (Heating on in house)

RH: Max 92% Min 21% (I have no idea what's going on here)

420-magazine-mobile1251820535.jpg

Due to beer commitments yesterday's water got missed .

Watered today at pH 5.7 and 2/3 nutes.

Been told by a local grower the light should be lower its roughly 30in from top of the plants. Thoughts? It's a 600w

Also I was wondering about topping one is it too late?

Looking great RM. I use led but from what I remember when I ran a 1k hps I kept it as close as I could without it making the back of my hand feel heat. 30in sounds good just check with your hand. If it's warm at the canopy go up a little higher. You can top anytime if they aren't autos and if you don't plan to go to 12/12 soon so you can train them.

Re: Topping. When do you plan to flip to 12/12? You'll want some veg time for the plants to recover. I like to have at least 10-14 days recovery after topping or defoliating before flipping to flower.

I'm topping today and currently plan on flipping some time between Nov 1 and Nov 15.

Beer commitments. /Grin

Re: Lamp height. I'm split. If you are chasing a problem, adding another variable can make things more confusing. 30" from a 600 watt HID is safe.

If you feel things are on track 24" is doable if you can maintain coverage over your entire grow space and continue to control heat.

Below 24" you must be very careful not to cook the top of the canopy. Proceed cautiously.

/Obi

Thank you and hope your well Fuzz :)

In a way yeah but am enjoying the challenge of trying to get them on the mend.

Not much in the way of improvement with #1 and #5 but not much in decline but they not been on the correct pH (5.7) for long.

Next on the list could possibly be a EC pen.

I certainly need to get the plant numbers down at some point thinking of keeping between 4-6 depending on the sexes but even that's more than I planed.

Back
Top Bottom