RQS Critical x2: Photos In Veg 90 Days, Just Flipped

I am so envious. Between you and Nutty posting these fantastic outdoor shots, so Beautiful.
You my friend are more than capable of growing some incredible plants.
I think you been sandbaging. Wow :goodjob: :cheer:
What do you do to those beautiful flowers that I can do to my outdoor soil grow this summer? Don't tell aw shucks no secret. Im serious the only thing I ever grew it soil was a sunflower. Im going to need your help.
Bill
Massive thanks @Bill284 ...but your too kind.
I believe anybody can grow anything with the right conditions. The gardening knowledge when things go tits up is what’s all important.
seems like an age ago now.. alls that’s in the plot is about 8 tonne of bought in veggie soil from a localish supplier.. shovelled that shit in from the front and have been planting in it ever since.. gets a mulch of compost late in the year and gets covered to stop any leeching of the nuts with the rain. Except the strawberries.
Then another mulch of compost early in the year.. if I’m growing brassicas or squashes, or legumes they get some manure.
Going to plant a green manure the end of this year. Mustard or compfry ( not sure how it’s spelt.)
If what gets planted grows and thrives, it’s on the menu. The ones that don’t , well .. plant food for the next year:) never to be seen again. So long as I do a bit of gardening, keeping the weeds down etc.. it’s a happy place.
South facing wall with the trellis.. defo not utilised enough.
bit more spring for you. Cherry, plumb,rhubarb.. an a ceanothus just starting up.
979FFCEC-56AE-451F-9AEA-1148B956D8D4.jpeg
90786357-8608-4454-AC9A-337DB3A8E759.jpeg
1D232CB3-2730-4439-8303-812BD1BFE639.jpeg

Hey @Bill284 .. notice my top dressing:). Could do with knowing what you do to reuse your coir.. keep meaning to, but can’t be arsed when it comes to it.
D9BE13F4-751C-46EA-BEE0-1B6E189E1ECC.jpeg
the end game with all this new growing is to utilise the space out back for some home made feeds etc. Get down an dirty full organic at some point.
Thanks again,
Peace an bud to ya

Hey @Jon @dick23k @Bill284
Hope your well
Any of you boys seen one of these before?
Any advise or guidance as ever, very much appreciated.
Cheers bud
C95EC771-4A1E-4BB9-9FA3-C3E46E6FA4AF.jpeg
Um......I'm not going to offer an opinion, but if I were you I would keep an EXTREMELY close eye on that.

Hey @Jon @dick23k @Bill284
Hope your well
Any of you boys seen one of these before?
Any advise or guidance as ever, very much appreciated.
Cheers bud
C95EC771-4A1E-4BB9-9FA3-C3E46E6FA4AF.jpeg
Isn't that the oddest looking little thing. Its growing in a strange spot too . Growth is usually in the crook of the branch. Could be the start of something undesirable. I'd keep a close eye on that lady. Is it from a seed or clone?

Isn't that the oddest looking little thing. Its growing in a strange spot too . Growth is usually in the crook of the branch. Could be the start of something undesirable. I'd keep a close eye on that lady. Is it from a seed or clone?
Yeah man, weird little bugger???
All from seed.
thanks for your time dude

Um......I'm not going to offer an opinion, but if I were you I would keep an EXTREMELY close eye on that.
@Jon you’ve left me feeling a little intrigued and nervous.
I would appreciate an opinion if there’s one going in that knowledgeable grey matter of yours matey.
Should I just cut it off?
Thanks for your time Jon

@Jon you’ve left me feeling a little intrigued and nervous.
I would appreciate an opinion if there’s one going in that knowledgeable grey matter of yours matey.
Should I just cut it off?
Thanks for your time Jon
Pull it.

Hey @Jon @Bill284 @dick23rk
Posted on frequently asked questions and the first 2 posts back saying male or hermy
Which if I’m honest.. is a bit of a t**t.
Was that what you where thinking Jon?
An my next question suppose is the big one..
Why?
Perhaps self inflicted due to the late lst an topping? Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.F**K.
Peace to ya peeps

Hey @Jon @Bill284 @dick23rk
Posted on frequently asked questions and the first 2 posts back saying male or hermy
Which if I’m honest.. is a bit of a t**t.
Was that what you where thinking Jon?
An my next question suppose is the big one..
Why?
Perhaps self inflicted due to the late lst an topping? Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.F**K.
Peace to ya peeps
Could be a ball from a hermie is what I'm saying. Pluck it and watch her closely.
There are many reasons a girl can hermie, most are nothing to do with you.
She will more than likely be fine just be vigilant.
Bill

Could be a ball from a hermie is what I'm saying. Pluck it and watch her closely.
There are many reasons a girl can hermie, most are nothing to do with you.
She will more than likely be fine just be vigilant.
Bill
Done, an will do mate. Am I just looking out for more of the same?
Thanks again for the time

Done, an will do mate. Am I just looking out for more of the same?
Thanks again for the time
Look for anything you don't recognize, take a pic if anything else appears.
Keep checking.
Bill

I don't even want to say this, but in the interest of helping if necessary I will. My first grow had six plants. One went hermie and second I noticed and confirmed it I pulled the plant and tried to save the rest from falling victim to it. I guess I got it out before the pollen sacs burst or whatever, and I was extremely careful - my 10 1/2 ounce yield had six seeds total, so that was okay. But if I hadn't gotten that plant out my entire tent would have been hermie and I would have been so pissed off it would have been crazy. Anyway, the first sign I had was something that looked not to dissimilar from that. That to my eye looks to have both male and female organs going on, ie, one half is that male seed pod (potentially) and the other half is that little vagina you can see behind it. Now this is just me talking and I am far far from an expert and I hope I'm wrong and I'm not trying to be alarmist. Just watch that closely. If you start to get more of those things that look like they hold a seed, pull that plant would be my suggestion. But maybe the plant/strain just grows that way. That's why I say again I'm no expert.

That is in a weird spot as Bill said, but we have seen many strange things happen before with these plants as well. It looks like a developing pollen sac to me, pull it and keep an eye out for others as mentioned.

Sometimes feminized seeds can still have hermie traits even if the breeder doesn't think there is any or has tried to breed them out over different generations of the strain. Read up on feminized seeds and how they're made through the whole process and you'll likely run across this info as well. There's a number of people out there that don't use feminized plants for breeding because of this trait.

I don't even want to say this, but in the interest of helping if necessary I will. My first grow had six plants. One went hermie and second I noticed and confirmed it I pulled the plant and tried to save the rest from falling victim to it. I guess I got it out before the pollen sacs burst or whatever, and I was extremely careful - my 10 1/2 ounce yield had six seeds total, so that was okay. But if I hadn't gotten that plant out my entire tent would have been hermie and I would have been so pissed off it would have been crazy. Anyway, the first sign I had was something that looked not to dissimilar from that. That to my eye looks to have both male and female organs going on, ie, one half is that male seed pod (potentially) and the other half is that little vagina you can see behind it. Now this is just me talking and I am far far from an expert and I hope I'm wrong and I'm not trying to be alarmist. Just watch that closely. If you start to get more of those things that look like they hold a seed, pull that plant would be my suggestion. But maybe the plant/strain just grows that way. That's why I say again I'm no expert.
Good advice. :thumb:
If an emergency happens. Spray her with water all over it'll keep pollen from spreading.
Then carefully slide a garbage bag over he/she carefully remove from grow room. Then run like hell when you get down the ladder throw it away media and all. Rinse pot well and roll a fat one.hehe.
Bill

That is in a weird spot as Bill said, but we have seen many strange things happen before with these plants as well. It looks like a developing pollen sac to me, pull it and keep an eye out for others as mentioned.

Sometimes feminized seeds can still have hermie traits even if the breeder doesn't think there is any or has tried to breed them out over different generations of the strain. Read up on feminized seeds and how they're made through the whole process and you'll likely run across this info as well. There's a number of people out there that don't use feminized plants for breeding because of this trait.
So the likelihood of a clone going hermie is much lower than a feminized seed going hermie? I kind of think you can turn the plant that has the most confidence ever in her femininity and turn her into a transgender he/she if you stress it enough at the right time in the right way. But even if I am correct, it still comes down to odds. So you would say it goes:
1. Clones
2. Feminized seedbank seeds
3. Regular seedbank seeds
4. Bagseeds

Is that correct if one was to rank the odds of going hermie from least at #1 to most at #4?

So the likelihood of a clone going hermie is much lower than a feminized seed going hermie? I kind of think you can turn the plant that has the most confidence ever in her femininity and turn her into a transgender he/she if you stress it enough at the right time in the right way. But even if I am correct, it still comes down to odds. So you would say it goes:
1. Clones
4. Bagseeds

Is that correct if one was to rank the odds of going hermie from least at #1 to most at #4?
Well @Jon
At this moment I’m leaning towards my own mistakes being the culprit.. it’ll be a shame but hey ho. We move on, to the next bean:)
Thanks for taking the time mate
Peace to ya

Well @Jon
At this moment I’m leaning towards my own mistakes being the culprit.. it’ll be a shame but hey ho. We move on, to the next bean:)
Thanks for taking the time mate
Peace to ya
Always BL. For you? Of course. Lol. Anyway I'm really wondering if you have an opinion on clones vs. Feminized seedbank seeds. Got any opinion on which is more likely to go hermie? I think if you treat the plants correctly they'll rarely do that, but sometimes just a little stress can do it depending on the strain. But I have the option to grow from either and have never tried clones, that's why I ask.

Always BL. For you? Of course. Lol. Anyway I'm really wondering if you have an opinion on clones vs. Feminized seedbank seeds. Got any opinion on which is more likely to go hermie? I think if you treat the plants correctly they'll rarely do that, but sometimes just a little stress can do it depending on the strain. But I have the option to grow from either and have never tried clones, that's why I ask.
My experience genetics are the biggest culprit for hermie.
Followed by grower error ie light leaks etc. So imo if mom from seed went through flower well then clones should be fine . Take all that huge grain of salt .
Just what I have found from my tiny bit of experience.
Bill

Always BL. For you? Of course. Lol. Anyway I'm really wondering if you have an opinion on clones vs. Feminized seedbank seeds. Got any opinion on which is more likely to go hermie? I think if you

treat the plants correctly they'll rarely do that, but sometimes just a little stress can do it depending on the strain. But I have the option to grow from either and have never tried clones, that's why I ask.
I’ve not done any clones myself @Jon .
I will be at a later date though . I’ll be following @Bill284 ‘s example when I do.
I’ve got 6 GSC seeds from your sponsors of the GSC competition to go on at a later date.. once all the competition growers have done their bit.. I shall be having a grow with the 6 fems I’ve got. Try and keep a mother and get some clones then. That’s my plan anyway.
What does BL mean?

Ju
1. Clones
4. Bagseeds

Just to be totally clear, we are talking about seeds here, aren’t we @Jon ? :)
Not some crazy s++t to experiment on our daughters with? :)

Back
Top Bottom