I was gonna ask too! I thought he had cut the bottoms out of the first pots!
Thats what Shed always thinks too...until he re re asks me whats wut.

It's a space saving technique, and a good one at that (now that I'm used to it :) ).

Nice upcans Baron. :welldone:
We all do it this way I have just never seen anyone sit the pots in like that and have them in the tent that way. It’s a good idea. 24 hours of that and that hole is solid as hell when the pot comes out, vs normally I just do what he’s done right before I up pot. I’m yoinking the trick! Thanks Baron!

We all do it this way I have just never seen anyone sit the pots in like that and have them in the tent that way. It’s a good idea. 24 hours of that and that hole is solid as hell when the pot comes out, vs normally I just do what he’s done right before I up pot. I’m yoinking the trick! Thanks Baron!
They will be sitting in there like that for a couple of weeks....until I quad them. Then they will be plugged into the upcan.

Also, if I ever want to raise the humidity in the tent, I will soak the dirt in the big pots.

They will be sitting in there like that for a couple of weeks....until I quad them. Then they will be plugged into the upcan.

Also, if I ever want to raise the humidity in the tent, I will soak the dirt in the big pots.
Brilliant.

Seeing how its been a while....

Todays update is fairly large and its my favourite part of a grow.

Cloning and Quading.

Its also a time when my anxiety is at its highest as I obsess over the clones, waiting for roots. If and when they do come, its a most joyous time!

So here are the seedlings with the 2 x Blue Gelatos on the left and the 2 x Northern Lights on the right. I selected the clones off of the most vigorous of the 2 strains. The one Northern Lights was stunty and full of closely spaced offshoots. I hate that kind of plant, so its discarded to the green bin.

So I begin by soaking my peat pucks in a very very light nute mix while I begin snipping.

Now, you may notice that I take the smallest clones.....not by choice. However I have always had very good success with small or larger clones.

Here we have the quad cut which will be the only topping for my plants. Again, The Baron's way is for big hand grenade buds that the plant only focuses its energy to 4 tops.

And into the Humiditorium.
If theres any tips on cloning I can offer, it would be this;

Really low lighting and a heat mat underneath.

If theres one thing new fresh clones dont like, its too much light. The plant is unable to keep up with no roots and its writing cheques it cant cash.

Here we have the Blue Gelatos

and here the Northern Lights

Notice that I keep the peat pucks in the little valleys of the Humiditorium, for the first 3 days and I will keep that little valley topped up.

All my vents in the Humiditorium are closed up and for the first 3 days or so and they will stay that way. After that I will gradually introduce more air into them, until around day 10 or so when all vents will be open fully, misting frequently.

Now the mothers have fulfilled their destiny with me and are now retired to Das Hinterhoff.

Stay funky Bros!

Great walk through of your cloning process! :thanks:

Two questions unrelated to that:
Why do your plants look hungry?

They were.

It was 2 older jugs of MC I was using. I thinned them out for seedlings and didnt know what strength of mixture I had left behind. So I used'em.

I also think with age its lost some of the robustness...thats what the vape is telling me.

Why aren't you flowering those mothers in the tent?

I want the grow to be completely equal in size from the get go this time. Ordinarily, I flower the Mothers with the clones. This time I want all to be of same size and age. Its for uniformity reasons only. I have a vision on this grow that should present itself in late flower.

Plus, it lets me veg some mondo's in Das Hinterhoff knowing full well they will never make it to the end.....is for fun

Do they burn in the sun without getting acclimated?
No actually....no signs of that really.

:thanks:

That weak Canadian sun eh?
Yeah that may have a lot to do with it, however we just passed Summer Solstice.
I dont doubt L.A. sun would send it Fukishima reactor 3.....at Summer Solstice or thereabouts.

Your winter Hinterhoff plant-demise always make me sad. :(
Maybe this time Shed....maybe this time.

Back
Top Bottom