Scrog Gone Bad

They will if they have a suitable amount of light. Removing their fan leaves is a setback for them though- slows them down while they heal and recover and try to grow replacement leaves, and reduces their ability to photosynthesize. Billions of years of evolution didn't give us plants that go to all the work of growing leaves for no reason. Upping the amount of available light if possible will help though. Maybe double check if there is room there to move them any closer to the plants - while keeping an eye out against overheating.

thanks cgboy.some members think it could be sativa.and lights on its way.all ready got 3 /600s and a 1200w led and a 150 cfl.room 10 by 10 by 10 thanks mate for your info.

For 100 square feet I would want at least 5kw to use that much space effectively. That would be 50w per sq foot. I use 80 wpsf. What's the real draw on all your lights? Do you really need a room that big? Might be better to size the room to your lights that you can afford if you don't have budget for 5000+ real watts plus associated cooling.
A good way to think about yield is if you get your grow going really well then 1g dry per REAL watt is doable.
So if you have 500w you could grow a pound dry. Have twice the light get twice the yield. 10x10 is huuuuge. I run three lights totalling 760w real draw in a 2x6' cabinet and can get over a pound per grow. If I stuck the same 760w of light in a 10x10 tent I would have lower yield due to spreading the light too thin, and losing the reflecting light from the walls.

thans ottawagreen the reel wattage on 1200 led is 540.and the 3 600s are 600s i gess.got another 1200w comeing in 3 days.hope that helps a bit.tea bit off more than i can chew lol.

thanks ottawagreen.anuff meds till next grow will be excellent.should have my 1200w led here soon.that will give us a true w of around 3300 till can sort out some more leds.thanks again mate

more pic today 37 into flower
DSCN07666.jpg
DSCN076511.jpg
DSCN07648.jpg
DSCN07627.jpg
DSCN07614.jpg
DSCN07598.jpg
DSCN07588.jpg

more pic today .some buds seem be going brown allready day 39 into flower still small buds i think thay mite of growen a little lol.im in there every day.seems slow lol. but we just trying get wot we can now .wot you think
DSCN077810.jpg
DSCN07819.jpg
DSCN078311.jpg
DSCN07828.jpg
DSCN077912.jpg
DSCN07614.jpg
DSCN07718.jpg
DSCN07729.jpg
DSCN077912.jpg

It's hard to predict what will happen. Especially from so far away. To be honest, I never was a big fan of your defoliation plan- and I suppose I already expressed that. I wouldn't be surprised if they take quite some time to recover from it. It's not something that's normally done to sativas. Would be nice to have left a non-defoliated area to compare growth to.
Anyway.... At the very least I would expect a slow-down from the defol. However, there should be plenty more bud growth to come. Like everything though, it's not certain, of course. Just be patient and don't be tempted to start feeding them a lot more or make any sudden changes like that, and you should be able to make the most of the situation. You've done well with the feeding and the plants are healthy, which is rare for a first time grow, so - good job on that front.
It would be nice to see some clearer photos of the buds. :thumb:

hi weaselcracker. thanks mate ill try take some better pic tonight. im going try put a tandam trailar net over the top to suport some top branches hope that willwork a bit.hope thay fill out a lot more yet lol.there allready going brown the pistals can you see in last pic.wot would you think or is this normal thanks mate
DSCN07819.jpg
DSCN077810.jpg
DSCN077912.jpg
DSCN078311.jpg

At one point in my newbie growing days I had mites and had to spray the plants fairly often. One time I got desperate enough to spray the plants when they were halfway through flowering, and almost all the pistils turned brown from the spray. A pistil turns brown when it dies. There are constantly a few dying, and usually constantly new white ones growing, often right up to harvest. I don't know the cause of yours turning brown but I wouldn't see it as a sign that they're finishing. The rest of the plants look young still. Maybe some sort of rough treatment or other environmental incident? If so they should continue to grow new pistils. Clearer and closer photos would let us have a better look.
Just out of curiojsty- how are you timing your photos? Looks like you're doing it during lights off (?).

hi thee weaselcracke .take pic when lights of or on lol cant work flash out on camra.thay starting to fill in a little now day 41 or 43 into flower.my ph is 7.6 everytime i check thoe i get it back down to5.9 and next day it goes back to 7.4to 7.6.checking every morning now.got some more pic of the girls filling in lol.i think mate.
DSCN07897.jpg
DSCN07879.jpg
DSCN078610.jpg
DSCN07859.jpg
DSCN078411.jpg
DSCN078312.jpg
DSCN07819.jpg
DSCN07828.jpg
DSCN078311.jpg
:thumb:

Holy crap your looking at a lot of nugs dude! Those things will start getting chunkier soon, the leaves pointing up like that means plants have crazy good metabolism and the all green stems are perfect. Looks like a sativa dom cross so little longer to start nuggin up hoping they turn out to colas but if not will be a bunch of tight dank nugs! Great first grow, you say your just in coco and perilite. What nutes are u using?

Also make sure your room is 100% light proof when they sleep, I saw my nugs like that at day 70 so stand in there when lights out and check for leaks

Back
Top Bottom