Season of Autos - 2016 Soon To Be Spring Grow - Mars Hydro LED

Auto-flowering Strains Day 74

Pineapple Express Auto x 2 - Indica Dominant. Big Bud x Skunk x Ruderalis THC 22% (Breeder 65 to 70 days)

Only one strain left and she's Indica dominant so I really am not sure how I want to see the trichomes right before harvest. If I were to smoke this one during the day I'm not sure I want any couch lock. But there you have it. There's always something unknown about growing so I'll try not to foul this terribly.

Blue Pot is close and I'm thinking within 2 days but it's piling on the frosties. Here's my dilemma. I have a colonoscopy scheduled for early tomorrow so we'll just see. PE solftie has a few more days although its color is less green and leaves are more crispy than blue pot. Pictures show more faded brown pistils here and blue pot looks all white. Maybe I should trichomes again????

Re-veg girls are doing well and I gave them straight water this morning. So the water is straight from the tap and has been sitting out for a couple days off gassing the chlorine. I know the pH is probably a little over 7 but I'm counting on the soil to make nutrients available. I could be wrong there. We'll soon see.

Pineapple Express Blue Pot

IMG_367910.JPG

Pineapple Express 5 gal softie

IMG_36809.JPG

Team

IMG_36776.JPG

Jack Herer
IMG_36818.JPG

IMG_36828.JPG

White Widow
IMG_36839.JPG

Mary

IMG_36789.JPG
IMG_36849.JPG

Auto-flowering Strains Day 75

Pineapple Express Auto x 2 - Indica Dominant. Big Bud x Skunk x Ruderalis THC 22% (Breeder 65 to 70 days)

The girls in the GR look about as well as I've seen them. They're fairly green which is good for me. Mary is getting pretty big and sitting pretty up front. Jack Herer and White Widow really needed their drink of water yesterday. I didn't check or adjust pH so I hope that doesn't bite me in the arse.

The autos are just killing time. I check Trichomes each day with the loupe and I'll just let them speak to me. The photography doesn't do justice to those frosty buds. Hmmmmmmm....I'll keep working on that.

I don't do smoke reports but I can tell you that Sugar Mango is a fine herb. I only tested some trim this morning but I'm certain that she is going to be a proper blaze. This one has a fruity fragrance after 2 days drying. I was expecting the smell of hay or something like that. Yes, it smells yummy.

Team

IMG_36857.JPG

IMG_36879.JPG
IMG_369010.JPG

IMG_369110.JPG
IMG_369212.JPG

DIY Clone Bucket Update

Cuts for clones were taken April 3. I've been looking since day 12 at the cuts taken from Mary and see very little in the way of roots but everything was green so I figured it was just a matter of time that roots would appear or they would die. There are 3 Mary cuts and 3 Jack Herer cuts but I've only been checking the 3 Mary cuts.

Curiosity got me today and I pulled a couple of JH cuts and one had roots over 12 inches. All the JH cuts should go into mix but the Mary cuts are just being picky or something. Anyway, here are some photos.

Apr 3 2016

IMG_34387.JPG

Today

IMG_369510.JPG

Cuts with roots
IMG_369411.JPG

IMG_369310.JPG

Update - Dry weight of Sugar Mango

Final bud weight is 33 grams. All my product is personal use and gifts so I sometimes do not give things a very close trim because I love those sugar leaves. So, you really don't see anything pretty here on this harvest. Also best for me if I want to make some oil. In fairness, these buds turned out very airy as they just weren't mature. Plant could have gone a little longer but I wanted to harvest something on 420.

Fragrance is sweet and I'll smoke some of the real small stuff but I'll know more after a 4 or 5 week cure. The original taster made me glad I have 2 more of these beans.

Gross weight

IMG_36969.JPG

Weight of these sticks

IMG_369714.JPG

I'll jar it up a little later. Less than a quart but more than a pint...but one more strain for the collection

IMG_36986.JPG

Jack Herer clones

Yesterday I finally looked at my Jack Herer cuts that were in my DIY Clone Bucket. Bucket holds 6 cuts and I was only checking 2 of them and they were from an unidentified plant named Mary. It wasn't until yesterday that I looked at the JHs. They all had nice roots so I potted them in solo cups this morning. Drain holes were cut into the cups. I'll try to hide these outdoors when I figure out how to hide a red cup.

Anyway, the little tykes are just pretty as they've been under 2 CFLs. Now they'll get the big white ball in the sky. I only had 2 of these seeds left and now I have about 6 JH clones. This is going to save me a chunk of cash if I live long enough. One of the Mary cuts now has roots. That gets my blood flowing....YES.

IMG_36998.JPG

Always good to see you Mr A. Looking forward to the flux to 5 oz

Great work MagicJim! Kick ass job on keepin the JH goin man. :high-five:

High Stihl. Also good to have you drop by. Yep. I got a real sense of accomplishment on the clones. I didn't have any luck last year but now I'm flush. So much so I'm not sure what I'll do with all of them. I do love that strain though. Powerful sticky stuff.

Thanks again for dropping by.

:passitleft:

Time to :thanks: all again for visiting. I really appreciate it. You and Cannabis get me high!

Auto-flowering Strains Day 77

I've been smoking on the new Sugar Mango. Just wow for a wonderful facial high.

I checked trichomes again this morning on the Pineapple Express autos. Both are close to a harvest and fans are being used for nutrients being used for bud development.

Re-veg girls are doing well but I'm thinking of giving them some Epsom salt through drench and foliar. Yep...gonna do that because one of them could really use some moisture.

I potted Jack Herer clones in solo cups yesterday and we got about an inch of rain during 2 storms yesterday. I felt sorry for them and put them in the tent this morning.

Team

IMG_37019.JPG

IMG_37048.JPG
IMG_37059.JPG

IMG_370211.JPG
IMG_37039.JPG

Re-veg girls

IMG_370810.JPG
IMG_370710.JPG
IMG_370610.JPG

Jack Herer clones

IMG_37098.JPG

Backyard Clones

IMG_371013.JPG
IMG_371111.JPG
IMG_371211.JPG
IMG_371312.JPG

Auto-flowering Strains Day 78

I decided to harvest the Pineapple Express Autos this morning. It was such a beautiful start to the day outdoors and when I peeked into the tent those two looked so pitiful. Actually, many of the leaves weren't dead, just depleted of color. Anyway, trichs were mostly about 50% clear/cloudy and I didn't see any amber but I'll probably look at that top bud again with the microscope.

Taster buds were quick dried in a 150 F oven and at least I can report that I got whatever terpenes that gives it the fruity pineapple taste. It's certain to improve with dry/cure. I have an elevated RH in the house right now as we got almost 2 inches of rain Saturday. I'll hook up the dehumidifier back there and get the air moving around and near the drying box chamber.

So all is good. My life is in perfect order.

Team

IMG_371812.JPG

IMG_37199.JPG
IMG_37206.JPG
IMG_37228.JPG

IMG_372310.JPG
IMG_37248.JPG
IMG_37256.JPG
IMG_37267.JPG

IMG_37354.JPG

IMG_372710.JPG
IMG_37286.JPG
IMG_37298.JPG
IMG_373011.JPG
IMG_37316.JPG

IMG_37344.JPG
IMG_37367.JPG

DIY Clone bucket produces roots on Mary cuts

IMG_37406.JPG
IMG_37417.JPG
IMG_37425.JPG

Well, I'm not happy at all about the lack of roots. I have to think about this.

IMG_37395.JPG

Tent Team

Was it the Pineapple Express that brought me some paranoia this morning or a vortex of empty tent syndrome and clone mania. In any event, here's what I've done: Potted up the Mary cuts in solo cups. I brought all the one gallon cuts (hopefully rooted) into the house and they went right in with the others. So here's what we have.

5 gallon softies

Jack Herer re-veg girl
White Widow re-veg girl
Unknown sativa dominant re-veg girl which I named Mary

1 gallon pots

5 Jack Herer clones
1 White Widow clone
1 Mary clone

Solo cups

3 JH
3 Mary

Here's what I plan to do. I'm going to veg for another week and decide....LOL

IMG_37443.JPG
IMG_37457.JPG
IMG_37468.JPG
IMG_37477.JPG
IMG_37506.JPG

Great work MJ. Nice to get the last ladies hung to dry. Great job on the clones 6 for 6! :bravo:

Thanks drcannabi. Yes, my DIY bucket cloner is a hit. :high-five:

But now I have plants and clones out the azz. I guess it's a good problem to have but I don't want to short change anything cannabis that I have growing.

Back
Top Bottom