Seedling issues

Yeah temps are fine. I think rooster nailed it... she probably didn't like that all peat mix. You should be ok with that mix you do. What soil did you mix with it?
Reluctantly a small amount of miracle grow which I know is not good in the long run because of its release affects with the nutrients.
Grow soil is out of season around me as there is about 2 foot of snow so I could not get any organic not enfused soil.
I will be ordering some if need be soon.

Can I get any tips for what's going on with these two plants so I can prevent it in the others
004c3ccded3bd7b2dd25685f5ac8682c.jpg
cb97d0131184eada86fbfa667c1b0a8a.jpg
9a00b2d9d24abe73d7b78af033cb7b8e.jpg
ce7ab9740469b35041cb88b1a4ae5a94.jpg
Is it possible to tell if they are indica or sativa.
I feel like the first one is indica and the second is a sativa
They are different seeds not sure the strains.
b875526bdf0dfcdb7f7ea40597f0866e.jpg
5d462b75cf38afbed3b1bc92aad47918.jpg

Reluctantly a small amount of miracle grow which I know is not good in the long run because of its release affects with the nutrients.
Grow soil is out of season around me as there is about 2 foot of snow so I could not get any organic not enfused soil.
I will be ordering some if need be soon.

Hey. There's no stores anywhere around that carry promix or an LM-3 variety.
I find this to be a great soil and then I supplement 1 tablespoon of lime per gallon of soil. 3/4 tablespoon of bone meal, 1/2 tablespoon kelp meal and 1 tablespoon garden tone. I also use mykos in them. (spelling)
I add oceans forest too but you don't need it if you are feeding liquid nutrients through veg and bloom. Just makes them grow faster.

If you are able to find miracle grow I would think someone would have a bale of promix or like product.
Hopefully you get some better soil figured out as miracle grow will toast them in the middle of flower and you'll end up with stretching in the bud and it will become airy. You'll see stem through the colas. It'll look okay if it's your first time growing and you'll be happy you made a harvest but when you start to dial in you'll see how toxic miracle grow is to Cannabis. Reason being are those little blueish green balls in the soil are time release balls of nitrogen that wear down during every watering and then release their burst of nitrogen randomly. And it just so happens about 6-10 weeks after you start watering it that's when the bulk of it breaks down which would be contaminating your soil right through the beginning or critical weeks of flower resulting in an abundance of nitrogen being forced into the root system. You can't flush this nitrogen out either as the more water you try to use to flush it the more it releases nitrogen.
I hope this makes sense and you can find some better soil brother.
You'll definitely be able to grow smoke with miracle grow but if you stick with growing you'll look back and be like oh my god I should have stopped that sooner. Or not at all ;-)
I still think they will be perfectly fine though dude

Hey. There's no stores anywhere around that carry promix or an LM-3 variety.
I find this to be a great soil and then I supplement 1 tablespoon of lime per gallon of soil. 3/4 tablespoon of bone meal, 1/2 tablespoon kelp meal and 1 tablespoon garden tone. I also use mykos in them. (spelling)
I add oceans forest too but you don't need it if you are feeding liquid nutrients through veg and bloom. Just makes them grow faster.

If you are able to find miracle grow I would think someone would have a bale of promix or like product.
Hopefully you get some better soil figured out as miracle grow will toast them in the middle of flower and you'll end up with stretching in the bud and it will become airy. You'll see stem through the colas. It'll look okay if it's your first time growing and you'll be happy you made a harvest but when you start to dial in you'll see how toxic miracle grow is to Cannabis. Reason being are those little blueish green balls in the soil are time release balls of nitrogen that wear down during every watering and then release their burst of nitrogen randomly. And it just so happens about 6-10 weeks after you start watering it that's when the bulk of it breaks down which would be contaminating your soil right through the beginning or critical weeks of flower resulting in an abundance of nitrogen being forced into the root system. You can't flush this nitrogen out either as the more water you try to use to flush it the more it releases nitrogen.
I hope this makes sense and you can find some better soil brother.
You'll definitely be able to grow smoke with miracle grow but if you stick with growing you'll look back and be like oh my god I should have stopped that sooner. Or not at all ;-)
I still think they will be perfectly fine though dude
I didn't want to use miracle grow as I did research and learned about the time release.
I can look online for what you are suggesting.
I appreciate all the help guys you guys might make my grow work lol.
I'm going to keep this thread updated with pictures of the plants and if I have more issues the help would be great.
I'm gonna look and get everything
I'm trying to get as much as I can from at least 2 plants.
I started more in case of males and if I get a female I'll be cloning off it

I'd personally recommend this mars hydro panel if you can afford it... Mars Hydro Eco 49 Full Spectrum LED Grow Light Indoor Plant Veg Flower Lamp Kits | eBay it's a few bucks cheaper than the 300 but with a newer design definitely worth the price imo... Here is the mars hydro 300 and the mars hydro eco49 for comparison
fdfcd5947a589173c71e6aa6fbbaf6cd.jpg
df681fe5b530c21fe9267ea9ac9aa81c.jpg
the black unit is the eco if you didn't notice. It also has an on/of switch which I always like haha
5a0ee76ca5e52b2847a87a5eacc1a72b.jpg
Thanks I'll keep this light in mind for when I get leds

I didn't want to use miracle grow as I did research and learned about the time release.
I can look online for what you are suggesting.
I appreciate all the help guys you guys might make my grow work lol.
I'm going to keep this thread updated with pictures of the plants and if I have more issues the help would be great.
I'm gonna look and get everything
I'm trying to get as much as I can from at least 2 plants.
I started more in case of males and if I get a female I'll be cloning off it

Share everything brother. It's your journal and we all like reading about it. Why we are here lol and you can tell who reads your posts and who doesn't by whose responding and who isn't lol so listen to the ones that pay attention to you. Those are the ones that want to see you succeed dude

To make lighting better right now, go to Walmart and buy as many 5000k led bulbs for the light sockets you have over your plants. They were 1.50 each last I checked. Next get some GH powder veg nutrients (green bag) from hydro shop. Were I am they cost about $15 and will last for a couple months with many plants. Because you're in soil you will need pH up later when feeding full strength as the nutrient mix at full strength drops tap water to a hydro pH level, which is to low for soil.

That will get you started and give you and your plants time to shop for good products. Usually if in a rush we buy cheap products. Relax, baby steps. Peace!!

BTW, when using the powdered nutrients it's best to go by weigh rather than measuring spoon as each can vary in weight. Also use 1/8th strength per gallon in the seedling stage. Cycle feed then next time ph'd water then feed until you notice they are getting hungry. Then do this cycle - feed, feed, water. I cant express just how easy it really is. No need to over comp!irate it or otherwise known as K/I/S/S - keep it simple stoner!!

Hey brother. Those are stretching wickkkkked far. So the length of that stem means something. It means your plants are stretching trying to find more light for proper photosynthesis. Put them wayyy closer.
What kind of light are you using?
CFL's and t5's should be about 4-6" at this stage depending on heat kicking off the unit you are using. Then another couple nodes and you'll want the lights even closer if they are cfl or t5.

Hey brother. Those are stretching wickkkkked far. So the length of that stem means something. It means your plants are stretching trying to find more light for proper photosynthesis. Put them wayyy closer.
What kind of light are you using?
CFL's and t5's should be about 4-6" at this stage depending on heat kicking off the unit you are using. Then another couple nodes and you'll want the lights even closer if they are cfl or t5.
The ones stretching were given to me
Already stretched
Since they have been under my light the nodes have been growing much closer
9583d4a2671bc09b7a48047e7dca94b1.jpg
6d0fced0c89700a027f870585d534974.jpg

Back
Top Bottom