Seedsman Sponsored Grow: Peyote Wi-Fi By Beez

@beez0404 my plant is nearly 40 days old. The red only appeared 2 days ago, coinciding with a new location and temperature drop. I do have a thread on it in the question section, but will include a pic anyway. This is your thread, we're here to see your grow! I would include a link but I'm still a bit new to the forum. How are the plants doing?! You're making me want to pop more seeds haha
20191106_193553.jpg

Two questions. How deep do you drop the seed in the perlite? And is the hole near the bottom of the cup just for the purposes of draining out the initial water/kelp meal mixture after soaking?

I'd try this but I have to find a place that sells perlite in small quantities. I don't need a big bag of it for a few solo cups.
@InTheShed Yes, when you remove the tape from over the hole it allows all the liquid above the hole to run out leaving just what is in the reservoir. The perlite does actually wick up the water keeping it moist.

If you can't find perlite at Wal-Mart you can order it online and pick it up in the store. Small bag like $10.00 Or for that matter you must have some nurseries / flower shops around you. They use perlite all the time and maybe would sell you like a gallon of it cheap.

@beez0404 Thanks for your insight! The red is appearing on the new leaves, which is why I'm wondering what's going on with it. Also it's a feminized Northern Lights from Seedsman and I haven't seen or heard of others with the same colouring. I'm just going to buy a proper fertilizer, try to keep temps up and see if that helps :morenutes:

I forgot to mention. A dear friend of mine got married about 2 years ago. He used to grow really nice plants. He was from California. Anyway, his wife is very straight laced and he's given up not only growing, but consumption as well. He sent me a handful of seeds of five strains and said no sense in them going to waste. He told me they were probably 6-8 years old and had been kept in little Ziploc bags in his desk drawer in a cool, dry environment. He couldn't remember if they are regs or fems. I decided to see if they are still viable and dropped two of the Alien OG seeds Monday morning.

I thought to peek in this evening and was pleased to see one of the two had sprouted. The second one doesn't appear to have started to crack open at all yet but I won't give up hope on it. If it's not up in 3 days I'll drop another in the event they're regular seeds. @InTheShed Oh, and you had asked how deep to plant the seeds. I go about 3/8" deep and make sure I put the seed in with the umbilical end facing up and lightly pack the perlite down. You'll often have to surgically remove the shell from the seedling with this method but at least the plants sprout.

LOL...….C'mon man! Every seed has an end where the umbilical attached it to the mother plant just like a baby. That is the end you want facing up. The other end of the seed will split open and that's where the taproot comes out. You want that pointing down. Here is a picture of the seed belly button.

Something I didn't pick up on till I was trimming like my 5th plant is that it's important to dry the plant/buds in the dark. Something about getting rid of more of the chlorophyll making the buds smoke more smoothly.
Yea, i dry mine in a spare tent with both exhausts on an a small tubular heater, temps sits at 19- 21c..between 50 an 65rh

Wouldn't you need to actually be straight to know you're getting a contact high? :laughtwo: :cool: :goodjob::tommy:

I try not to think about that. Yesterday my eyes were burning and I could hardly see sitting next to the plant I have hanging. You'd think I wood move the plant. I kinda am getting used to the plant being here with me.

Its my DT so its got a shit ton of terpines and our kitchen smells like lemon funk and fuel.

I should probably be wearing a gas mask, I think she's on to something....

6dbb8d63fbf484133cec3497dc50c9f7--cannabis-smoke.jpg

@beez0404

Great thread so far and jam packed full of info! Really liking the look of your Jellium, never heard of it before.

Thanks for the pictorial of @SweetSue Perlite germination technique!
Very much appreciated but that floating out the seedling and planting looks scary! LOL!

I have signed up for Seedsman seeds many, many years ago but never placed an order.
May have to try them out next run!

Back
Top Bottom