Seedsman Sponsored Grow: Peyote Wi-Fi By Beez

So you like sativa strains? I grew a Seedsman Sour Diesel Haze Auto plant this summer. I gave a few buds to a friend of mine who is a sativa lover. He told me it would be in his top 5 all-time sativas which is saying something knowing some of what he's grown.

My favorite sativa i have run so far is Ace's Golden tiger. Swear it took 6 months of cure to reach it's full potential.
I was gifted a couple Golden Tiger seeds. They are 100% Sativa but doesn't Ace call them a hybrid? I'm thinking that is because it is comprised of more then one pure sativa strain crossed together to create the Golden Tiger.

How long did you veg your Golden Tiger before the flip? How much did it stretch when you flipped it? I can grow plants that do not exceed 66" in height. Taller then that I start to run into problems.

Tomorrow I will take a couple pictures of each of the Peyote Wi-Fi plants. I believe it's time to pick the keeper. I know which one I favor. I really don't have the space to grow both of them out although I wish I did. I would love to top one around the 5th node and do some bending on it. And with the other one just wait to top it once when it's about 18" tall and just let it go natural after that. Both of them have a strong root mass going now. I could probably keep them in their solo cups for another week with no harm but I think tomorrow will be a good time to get the chosen one into a little larger pot.

I was gifted a couple Golden Tiger seeds. They are 100% Sativa but doesn't Ace call them a hybrid? I'm thinking that is because it is comprised of more then one pure sativa strain crossed together to create the Golden Tiger.

I thought "hybrid" in the cannabis world was a cross between an Indica and a Sativa or a blend of them both. If its 2 Sativa plants isn't it a Sativa??

Maybe I'm over thinking again.

It's gonna grow as tall as you let it ;).
You've not grown one yet have you? I'm wondering if the prudent to do would be to go straight to 12/12. What I did with the Hawaiian Mayan Gold was to veg her till she was 12" tall and then topped her. I think I up-potted her the same day, and waited 10 days and then flipped her. She got taller then most of my plants, and I did have to snap over a couple branches but it wasn't so bad.

I did warn you about the stretchy Candida didn't I...
Well you did warn me but it was sort of after the fact. It was already in the lights in my homemade vegging tent. I had nowhere to grow it so I took cuttings and composted that huge plant.

They are 100% Sativa but doesn't Ace call them a hybrid?
They are two thai's and malawi thrown in. So they are a 100 percent sativa. The gt . Not complaining about the eddects but they take like 6 months to cure out to their full potential. But thats just Sativa. They take their time. With everything.

Today marks 20 days since the Peyote Wi-Fi plants sprouted. Both are doing quite well and I feel it's time to get them up-potted into small plastic pots that hold roughly 1.5 liters of soil/medium. I plant to grow both of these out, but only one will be in the spotlight as the sponsored grow plant. I'm hoping you guys can take a look at the photos and see which of the two plants you feel is the best and strongest. I know which one I favor but I have the advantage of looking at them close up. Both have within the last several days begun to put out side branches. I'm really liking the node spacing on both plants. The color is really strong on both plants.

So please take a look at these pictures and let me know what you think. Starting with plant #1. This one sprouted 1 day earlier then plant #2. The last two photos showing the roots were taken from opposite sides of the cup.

And here is Plant #2........again the photos of the roots were taken from opposite sides of the cup.

Why are you moving them to a marginally bigger pot rather than a 1 gallon? When I move from a solo cup to a 1 gallon I only have about 2" around the edge of the cup to fill in the soil (using the inverse sand castle method).

full

If I take baby steps with the pot sizes I can slow grow them without stressing the roots (i'm very gentle) at all. By going into the smaller pot I'm probably buying myself an extra week of time which is important. My flowering space is small and the plants in it are early into flowering so I have to take my time with these two.

Back
Top Bottom