Seniors First Grow Bag Seeds: 600W LED Grow Light, 6 Sq Ft Tent

Quick question on new light and ventilation.

Is a 600w hps/mh dimmable light overkill for a 4x2x5 tent? Would a 400 better?

Also the 6" inline fans say up to 400w light.

The light i want to buy has air cooling ports.

I don't need a carbon filter. Legal grow and we love the smell.

I need to flip them soon.

Thx guys

Yes I've looked on craigslist. A LOT of commercial growing equipment like DE light fixtures, but they are way to hot unless you have high ceilings. I was looking at a solistek 600w on ebay. Looks good. I asked for specific model #'s on the kit, because one model of their ballast has rf issues with electrical in the house.

@InTheShed. I ended up getting a better quality light. 600w by Solistek for $158 shipped. the ballast does single and double ended bulbs in an air cooled hood.

I'll get an 8" inline fan and have to reduce the vent to 6" out the tent holes.

Super deal! I called Solistek to make sure it was a legit seller for wtty. It is :thumb:

Should be perfect for flowering tent. Can give them what they need this time.

I got this inline fan to bring fresh air into the tent with 6" flex vents. Could I use something like this to have it T off : One to the grow room and the other to the air cooled hood and then out? I'd like to get rid of my cobbled fans.

I'll get galvanized reducers from 8" to 6" coming out of the hood.

ie: Lower vent incoming air > flex duct straight up one side > connect to fan and duct spitter > one duct
end to air cooled and another to flex duct tail into tent. ???

I don't need a charcoal filter. I love the smell :passitleft:

Holy crap got the fan today it's huge. Without matching cfm venting out until I get my light tomorrow, tent is a blimp. I have the door unzipped. Put the fan outside the lower vent.

I got the Y tee. Just too big! I guess I will be going passive for intake and the fan will take care of the hood. Yikes!

hi Shed. I have funky intake holes on my tent Top exhaust is 8", some 6" on the sides, and 4" on the bottom. I'll upload some pics from my phone.

I'm not sure I can hang the fan. It's only 12 lbs, but it may hang too low over the plants.

Idealy, upper intake hole > fan > fresh air to light > out light and vented out top hole. That gives me a straight shot. It does nothing for recirculating air out of the tent though. In my little tent the door is open during lights on. I can take care of fresh air in with a 9" Hv floor fan like I did before. ??

Lol OR, hang a tail of venting in the tent and have vent inside > exhaust fan > hood out.

Not sure if that will get the light filthy, sucking tent air? I could put a filtrete soft filter on hanging vent to keep fan and light clean.

With that set up air from the tent will be exhausted and passive intake air should complete the most ideal conditions i can do in a tiny tent. Lemme know what you think.

Back
Top Bottom