Seniors First Grow Bag Seeds: 600W LED Grow Light, 6 Sq Ft Tent

Light venting

Attachments

• 0406192042a_HDR.jpg
    0406192042a_HDR.jpg
    463.6 KB · Views: 90
I think you should use the fan to pull from the tent and the light and not worry about dust on the bulb. Dirt isn't going to settle there with the breeze pulling through and fresh air through the tent is something you need to have going. It will also keep the temps down.

In terms of light leaks from the bottom vents, you can make a light baffle with a cardboard box. Something like this (which sits on top of my tent):

so leave a hanging vent open vent one side of the light and hanve the fan draw into the light and out?

i screwed up my china timer for lights off/on. Oh gawd I don't want another hermie lol. on off on off while i was working on it. Surprised I didn't blow the bulb.

the bulb they sent me is their 2k Hps. Also sent a 6k metal halide bulb that doesn't go up as high wih reds, but it covers the whole spectrum including UV. May switch to that one a couple weeks from finish.

thx for the light filter box. lol i always need pics. Right now I have 2 9" fans sucking air into the tent, but only a wimpy clip fan blowing out. I will try your way tomorrow.

Wish I could hang the fan in the tent, but you can see those 8" to 6" reducers take up most of the room on that bar with the light. Wish i had a taller tent.

You can just attach the light intake pipe to a corner post and let it pull from the tent, or use a T and leave the bottom of it open to the tent and the ends attached to the light on one side and the intake vent on the other. See what gives you the best airflow and heat reduction.

I'm just shooting from the hip though as I've never had to vent a tent before! But I do understand the physics of airflow. :)

No reason you need to have the fan inside. Outside works just as well. Most folks put it inside for noise reasons I think.

it was in the 80's here today. 100 yr old house with high ceilings, so we won't need the a/c until it gets really hot. I will try your way. 82 in there right now wih 65% rh.

that fan is a monster lol. I caught it sucking up a 4" rockwool cube last night :oops: I have cheese cloth on the intake vent for the fan, but even with 3 rubber bands I don't trust it. I'm not,worried about dust, since I'll wash my bud again. if it sucks in those little gnats, my sticky trap will take care of them.

2nd grow much easier. My husband asked why I am not talking to the new ones :rofl: I can't be bothered lol

lol I talk to myself all day long. Lucky I have dogs that follow me around :thumb:

Did the tent your way and the temps climbed to 86 quickly. Apparently that light needs it's own cooling.

I put fans in/out and passive entries. I will use one of the 9" metal fans on the top port to suck out stale air. I put the hood light duct work out the left side. The metal fan sits right on the 8" port hole. For light leaks I just close that port hole for lights out.

Mid-70s sounds good, though don't be afraid of 80 if it gets there.

You're going to run the MegaCrop for flower? Nice! My Candidas have been on that from the beginning and seem pretty happy. I'm just adding a touch of silica (Armor Si in my case) because of how leggy the plants are. Bushy buggers too!

Here's one...they're 26 days post flip:

Back
Top Bottom