SIP Run With MeJA & Controlled Drought Application

Okay I was going to wait to see if you were going to train the plants over toward the other side of the boxes or you wanted the canopies to be staggered, but now that you've flipped and they're back to back: why did you plant off to one side rather than in the middle?
Well... I watched a little of BAS video and that is what the youngster did. So bye golly I did like him I reckon. cept he probably went on to train them. I am not to worried about the flower canopy as I will try and use a scrog I fashioned to go around the huge mega-light.

Will I goof this up? Not a chance, LOL.
I can count on you reminding me how to run a scrog. :thumb:

Well... I watched a little of BAS video and that is what the youngster did. So bye golly I did like him I reckon. cept he probably went on to train them. I am not to worried about the flower canopy as I will try and use a scrog I fashioned to go around the huge mega-light.

Will I goof this up? Not a chance, LOL.
I can count on you reminding me how to run a scrog. :thumb:
I think Jeremy did that intending to grow two plants in each container. Been a while since I watched thar series though....

Ahoy there @StoneOtter,
I have rejoined the implant club as of yesterday. This means that from now on every morning I have to sit my butt down and recharge my batteries. Sounds like something an old boy like me needs to be doing anyhow. Mrs Maritimer has taken the keys to my whirlpool away until the doctor clears my return to bathing. The next month or so you might hear me complain about the lack of soak time, but this is best.

I will get an update on the SIP crew later today. They are still on Autopilot. I go down and say hello to them now and again.

Ahoy there @StoneOtter,
I have rejoined the implant club as of yesterday. This means that from now on every morning I have to sit my butt down and recharge my batteries. Sounds like something an old boy like me needs to be doing anyhow. Mrs Maritimer has taken the keys to my whirlpool away until the doctor clears my return to bathing. The next month or so you might hear me complain about the lack of soak time, but this is best.

I will get an update on the SIP crew later today. They are still on Autopilot. I go down and say hello to them now and again.
Beautiful! Now to get all sealed up and rockin again! These wives of ours come in handy when we need sensible decisions like that made. Bless them!

Heal up good brother, future grows are calling...SIP ME! Won't take long!

Butane Hash Oil Gummies
Easier than Majik Butter
Does well with
@Carcass recipe. :love:
Pain Killing Oil

Gorgeous bunch Maritimer! Find any def's yet you needed to treat that you wouldn't normally in a regular soil grow?
Not a single episode. 3 Different strains.

They're gorgeous, but I'm worried about them all being smooshed into the middle and laying on top of each other like that. I know it's about keeping them under the footprint of the Mega but I'm a worrier. :rolleyes:
You were correct that my back rejected the deployment of a scrog. No worries as the beasty girls will hold the flowers up nicely. I am running a fan thru the lower side of the foliar mass to get airflow up and out of the canopy. Imagine if I had tried 2 plants per tray! A crowd for sure.

Before MeJA Family Photos
MeJA is tomorrow

here we go again

full sails and god bless

Howdy Maritimer, your nice looking plants brought me out of hibernation. I’ve been droughting in the shadows for a few years now. I don’t ever do a comparison grow to tell how much of a difference it makes. I also recently transferred to earthboxes and organic soil and think they are great.
Can you talk about what is happening at the plant level during the drought stress response?
My curiosity is this… are there more resin heads actually being produced on current bud growth? Or is it making new bud growth and new heads? If so… how long does it take to make and mature a resin head? Or… is the plant pumping somehow more of the active chemicals into the resin head? How’s this all working? Where’s the extra potency coming from?

Ahoy There @CannaFish

You ask my favorite question. What is going on with the cannabis plant during a drought application.

As I see things. The cannabis plant was designed by the creator to have many available genetic options for dealing with the primary goal of maintaining species survival. Here we examine how the plant will cope with an extended drought.

When we stop fertigation, all will initially proceed as usual. From a genetic standpoint this is known as (homeostasis) which basically means (balanced). When all is going well the genetic regulatory network (GRN) doles out the correct mixtures and ratios of a variety of hormones. These hormones and phytohormones regulate plant development thru all stages of plant life.

As the substrate dries thru aeration and consumption the root system will begin to detect the ever-increasing pressure to find moisture. Sensory cells that cover the roots will be “reporting” to the GRN that water is becoming scarce. This now begins to offset homeostasis and the GRN will begin to synthesize proportional amounts of abscisic acid (ABA). The longer the drought persists the more ABA will be produced.

The rising levels of ABA will trigger agitation of the JA Pathways that produce the secondary metabolites we are after. The agitation of the JA Pathways will cause excess oil to be produced. The oils are stored in glandular structures we call trichomes. The application of drought in itself does not appear to be involved directly with trichome numbers and the population of glands must therefore accept a greater amount of oils to be stored. This will lead to coiling of the trichome glandular stem as the bulbous heads become ever so slightly heavier. As a side note here, the increasing of trichome density and population can be achieved with the application of MeJA in a foliar spray. However MeJA is difficult to procure, and another subject of its own.

The yet to be elucidated and most exciting part of this phenomena is the oils produced under the duress of drought are simply put “stronger gram for gram” than un droughted oil from the same strain.

I will be droughting a crew of SIP plants beginning in another week. Today I am treating the plants with a foliar spray of MeJA at about 150 ppm that will increase the amount of trichomes that develop over the next 72 hours or so by approximately 50%. Available abstracts proved that with tomatoes you get over a 100% increase in trichome populations after using meja. In tomatoes that might not matter much. But in cannabis it means Hell Yes. Hope you can follow along.

Back
Top Bottom