Skoondawg's Coco Grow - GSC and Lemon Haze - SCROG - 400w HPS - 2nd Grow

For such small plants i think it is good to water dropwise around the stem until you got the first pot filled with roots... Maybe water only the edges of the pot so the roots search their water.

Later every day... Or 2 or 3 times a day.

For such small plants i think it is good to water dropwise around the stem until you got the first pot filled with roots... Maybe water only the edges of the pot so the roots search their water.

Later every day... Or 2 or 3 times a day.
Yeah spot on :) I've been dropping a little bit of water around the stem and a little around the edges, just keeping it moist until the roots are developed enough to take in lots of feeds. Thanks Seymore!

When I do seedlings I do not water from top. I put them in a dish with water and let it get absorbed up through the soil. Taking that your pot has holes on the bottom. Then I would spray the soil on top with a small spray bottle to keep it damp . This actually makes roots grow faster they chase the moisture in the soil .
Works quite well with clones also and a heat mat really gets the action going .
420-magazine-mobile1165454916.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1316374000.jpg

When I do seedlings I do not water from top. I put them in a dish with water and let it get absorbed up through the soil. Taking that your pot has holes on the bottom. Then I would spray the soil on top with a small spray bottle to keep it damp . This actually makes roots grow faster they chase the moisture in the soil .
Works quite well with clones also and a heat mat really gets the action going .
420-magazine-mobile1165454916.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1316374000.jpg
What's up brother, thanks for stopping by :) I have heard of it before just never tried it, guess the common way is top feed. I will definitely try this out if not this grow then definitely next grow, I like the reasoning behind it and also makes sense for me

Day 5 update

First set of true leaves are starting to grow out. Humidity is still not as high as I would like it but I don't think it will be too much of an issue. Do you thinks my temps are fine? You can see them on the thermometer below. Could I benefit in adding a few small cfls to up the temperature by a degree or two?

Also gave them a small drink of water mixed with seaweed extract. Ppm about 190 and PH 5.9.

Here they are:

420-magazine-mobile735608523.jpg

GSC:
420-magazine-mobile1130793238.jpg

420-magazine-mobile803823791.jpg

Lemon Haze:
420-magazine-mobile276668110.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1825248453.jpg

Any comments and advice are greatly appreciated :)

Love and light peeps! . .

Yo, maybe 1 CFL per plant would be good to get it a lilbit warmer in there. Grab a bowl with warm water and put a wet towel in there hanging half in and half out of the water and a fan on it.

I would aim for 25C/60%

Yo, maybe 1 CFL per plant would be good to get it a lilbit warmer in there. Grab a bowl with warm water and put a wet towel in there hanging half in and half out of the water and a fan on it.

I would aim for 25C/60%
Okay cool, I've got one of those towel and bowls things going already, humidity went up by like 5% only. Going to add a second and hope for at least 50%.

Thanks again :)

I used wide mouthed jars filled with water and put a fan on top of each to help evaporate the water. Now i have 2 small m cheap humidifiers.

I guess a small fan would help too

I used wide mouthed jars filled with water and put a fan on top of each to help evaporate the water. Now i have 2 small m cheap humidifiers.

I guess a small fan would help too

So my 2 cheap humidifiers have done a somewhat good job. Both have fans blowing on them. Overnight my min humidity was now 47% and the max was up to 56%. Much happier. They seem happy too, growing their 1st set of true leaves with the second pair just starting to pop out some growth :Namaste:

Try out some gentle spreading of the new growth. Another tip from Light Addict. Just unfold the new tiny leaves so it can grow tighter nodes without any resistance

Hey guys!

Been a bit busy so haven't posted for a few days.

Not much has happened, the ladies are growing though.

Beginning of week 2 about 2 days ago on Wednesday, I began the trio of nutrients along with some kelpak seaweed extract. I started at 1/2 dosage for now.

0.6ml/5L Grow
0.6ml/5L Micro
0.6ml/5L Bloom
40ml/5L Kelpak

Few drops of ph down got it to 5.8. Ppm after mixing everything together came to 320 odd. Trying not to burn them, so keeping the ppm lowish, after transplant I will increase nutes. Will also add some Microroot to the coco, add some beneficial fungus and microbes to the mix :D

420-magazine-mobile956203962.jpg

Any ideas on how to feed with silica?

This was from day 8
420-magazine-mobile1636527190.jpg

420-magazine-mobile909071986.jpg

Anyone know what these spots are on the Lemon Haze??
420-magazine-mobile1268156524.jpg

420-magazine-mobile254551784.jpg

This from today, day 10.
420-magazine-mobile731210009.jpg

Lemon haze has funny silver, red spots. Is this genetic or calmag? I added nutrients from 2 days ago so hoping they would have gotten some calmag if it is a deficiency.
420-magazine-mobile2108650258.jpg

So far so good, going to transplant in the next 2 days or so. Got a few roots coming out the bottom but nothing hectic, want them to fill out the little pots a bit more, get a nice root ball going.

Please advise or give opinions on the spots if you have any idea what they may be.

Peace and love peeps . .

Update for today :)

Day 11

The spots on the lemon haze are more pronounced, I can't really figure out what it may be? Is it a calmag deficiency? She is also growing a bit slower than the Girl Scout Cookies lady.

420-magazine-mobile808086941.jpg

GSC:
420-magazine-mobile109425108.jpg

This is the Lemon Haze, reddish spots mean calcium deficiency? PH level is correct and ppm isn't high so can't be lockout.

420-magazine-mobile844816872.jpg

Amy thoughts guys?

Praying to the coco god's that she will make it through this . . .

So when watering today I gave the GSC the normal feed of about ppm 330.

The lemon haze I'm thinking maybe she's more calmag hungry? So I gave her the 330ppm feed plus about 120ppm of calmag. Ph 5.9.

Hopefully this will help. What are your thoughts?

Maybe just a little stress in the beginning, the new growth looks good.
Do you think it could even be nute burn? I think the spots started showing when I upped the ppm from 190 to 330.. thinking she may be a sensitive girl?

Do you think it could even be nute burn? I think the spots started showing when I upped the ppm from 190 to 330.. thinking she may be a sensitive girl?

I was thinkin that might be the case, but I'm no professional and I don't know coco

i have the same colour dots on some of my leaves, mine are smaller though? i haven't used calmag yet, do you see any difference since feeding them?
After thinking it through I think I fed them a bit too much. The new growth is showing tips that look slightly burnt. So I gave her a mini flush to flush out the added nutes I gave this morning. Ppm of runoff was around 300, initially the run off was about 480 which was quite high. Probably a too high for her.

Hopefully dropping the ppm will help her. Hoping she is just sensitive

Back
Top Bottom