Skoondawg's Coco Grow - GSC and Lemon Haze - SCROG - 400w HPS - 2nd Grow

Yo Skoon. I remember you were keen to check my progress on the Lemon Haze I had going. Seeded same time as you. Here they are. In peat with some pearlite. Using basic calmag salts and a macro/micro fertilizer powder and some fulvic acid and peroxide all 1/2 strength. Phd to 5.5 with White vinegar, returns to ph of around 6.2 after a few hours. Pots are only watered fully when completely dry. Lighting is 2 X T5 5ft fluorescent tubes, cool white and daylight color spectrum. With the ability to add two more tubes for late veg. Then outdoors to flower when ready.

420-magazine-mobile692397742.jpg
420-magazine-mobile285553241.jpg

As you can check I had some issues whilst they were smaller. The leaves are extremely disfigured but the new growth is stoked with life.

Hey Skoondawg, may i join you on your Jorney? I am also planning a scrog grow with a lot of similar Conditions, so I´m very interest in your behavior. Maybe i can learn something here :) I am at Day 25 in Veg now, and i had some issues with one of my Plants too. But i can tell you for sure that sometimes your struggling Ladys will surprise you with something better then expected ;)

To give you an example, here is my Cream Caramel #1 at Day 9, everything fine.
cc1_09041.jpg

We move on to Day 11, where things starting to look strange only 2 Days later.
cc1_11041.jpg

Now on Day 16, things get even more disappointing. Very abnormal new growth.
cc1_16041.jpg

Moving on further to Day 20, we see it is devoloping a Tri-Leaf. Surprise surprise...
cc1_2004_2_1.jpg

And finally, everything turned out fine, having 3 new branches instead of 2. Thank you my Lady. To reward her, I cut of her head and gave her some LST. That she is today at Day 25
cc1_2504.jpg
cc1_2504_2_.jpg

You see, it can turn out better then expected first :) Just don´t overreact and wait :)

Yo Skoon. I remember you were keen to check my progress on the Lemon Haze I had going. Seeded same time as you. Here they are. In peat with some pearlite. Using basic calmag salts and a macro/micro fertilizer powder and some fulvic acid and peroxide all 1/2 strength. Phd to 5.5 with White vinegar, returns to ph of around 6.2 after a few hours. Pots are only watered fully when completely dry. Lighting is 2 X T5 5ft fluorescent tubes, cool white and daylight color spectrum. With the ability to add two more tubes for late veg. Then outdoors to flower when ready.

420-magazine-mobile692397742.jpg
420-magazine-mobile285553241.jpg

As you can check I had some issues whilst they were smaller. The leaves are extremely disfigured but the new growth is stoked with life.
Thanks brother, always nice to check a comparison and what mine will look like soon. They look nice and healthy. New growth looks great sure they're gonna explode with growth soon. Can see what looks like a bit of a magnesium in the leaves of your lady I think. But I'm sure you got that feed all figured out homie!

I just transferred into 4l pots and hung the 250w MH, hopefully they will also grow with haste once they settle into the new pots.

Hey everyone, hope you are all having a great beginning of the week so far. If not, sit back, light one up and enjoy the simple things.

So an update:

Went ahead and transplanted the ladies. Roots weren't developed like crazy but I decided to transfer them anyway.

I rinsed the coco properly this time and added a decent light mixture of nutrients. Put about 10L of water through each of the 4L pots to get the ppm to a similar level as what I was putting in. Amazing how much a ppm meter helps!

I mixed up about 20-25L of mix for the flushing and it consisted of:

85ppm - base water
150ppm - calmag
120ppm grow,micro and bloom (I put half strength nutes into the mix and the ppm barely went up so I added a little extra, didn't want to go too overboard here)

Also added some Kelpak seaweed extract to bump up the overall ppm to around 382ppm.

I will use what's left of the 20-25l to feed them with the coming days.

I also set up my new run off system. Just a window burglar bar that is bent at the sides so it creates a little stand under which the catch off trays sit, they are nice a big so I can flush in there easily with no problems once the Scrog screen is in.

Here are some pics: I believe today is DAY 13:

This is them before the transplant:
420-magazine-mobile49029876.jpg

The new 25l can to make life easier:
420-magazine-mobile2085501062.jpg

Prior to rinsing the coco:
420-magazine-mobile1560876486.jpg

Added about 20ml to each of the holes under the smaller pots, then transplanted the ladies into the holes. This is meant to encourage microbial life, read it's good to use :)
420-magazine-mobile511417128.jpg

PH and ppm level of the 25L of nutrient mix:
420-magazine-mobile1350354053.jpg

The new runoff system outside the box, prior to transplant:
420-magazine-mobile58432610.jpg

GSC roots, could have maybe waited a day or two for the roots to fill out more but hey:
420-magazine-mobile1204693183.jpg

Lemon HaZe even less of a rootball but hoping it should be fine.
420-magazine-mobile2130112280.jpg

GSC:
420-magazine-mobile1771658693.jpg

GSC:
420-magazine-mobile1168959064.jpg

GSC:
420-magazine-mobile1859022473.jpg

LH:
420-magazine-mobile1725629010.jpg

LH: few spots on the left leaf, looks similar to previous spots, so guessing its calmag again
420-magazine-mobile1859140289.jpg

LH:
420-magazine-mobile1609994884.jpg

Ladies and their new water catchment system:
420-magazine-mobile1799786290.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1430780275.jpg

Metal Halide switched on. Magnetic ballast giving the lines, have to get used to that again..
420-magazine-mobile2046570043.jpg

This right here is the camera view from the timelapse we have set up. Should look cool after a week or two :D
420-magazine-mobile1898852583.jpg

There are all the pics, wanted to ask the awesome people here what are the opinions on how far I should keep the 250W metal Halide from the tops of the seedlings? Currently sitting at 30cm (so 1 foot) but am worried I should be lifting it up to about 1.5-2feet.

Looking forward to this so much :D can't wait to watch them grow.

Thank you to everyone that has chipped in and helped out already, very very much appreciated! Thanks to all those subbed and creating an audience, nice to know people are around :D

Peace and love all . . .

Hey Skoondawg, may i join you on your Jorney? I am also planning a scrog grow with a lot of similar Conditions, so I´m very interest in your behavior. Maybe i can learn something here :) I am at Day 25 in Veg now, and i had some issues with one of my Plants too. But i can tell you for sure that sometimes your struggling Ladys will surprise you with something better then expected ;)

To give you an example, here is my Cream Caramel #1 at Day 9, everything fine.
cc1_09041.jpg

We move on to Day 11, where things starting to look strange only 2 Days later.
cc1_11041.jpg

Now on Day 16, things get even more disappointing. Very abnormal new growth.
cc1_16041.jpg

Moving on further to Day 20, we see it is devoloping a Tri-Leaf. Surprise surprise...
cc1_2004_2_1.jpg

And finally, everything turned out fine, having 3 new branches instead of 2. Thank you my Lady. To reward her, I cut of her head and gave her some LST. That she is today at Day 25
cc1_2504.jpg
cc1_2504_2_.jpg

You see, it can turn out better then expected first :) Just don´t overreact and wait :)
Hey Croc, glad you could join us all. Hopefully it will be a journey with more ups than downs. But we know how things go . . Do you have a journal so I can also follow your lady? Weird and impressive up and down with her. Glad she is happy after you chopped her head off LOL. Wish you all the best with her, please ask any questions if you have any!

Peace, SD

Hey Croc, glad you could join us all. Hopefully it will be a journey with more ups than downs. But we know how things go . . Do you have a journal so I can also follow your lady? Weird and impressive up and down with her. Glad she is happy after you chopped her head off LOL. Wish you all the best with her, please ask any questions if you have any!

Peace, SD

Sure, it would be nice to have you there. Just click on my current grow in my Signature. I´d like to always look optimistic to the future. Things will be fine, simply because we love growing weed :circle-of-love:

Just thinking it may be a bit too much light right after the transplant. I would keep it higher just in case, you can always lower it if they look like they stretching a bit much. Just a thought man I'm no pro but light and heat scare the shit out me, lost a sick dwc grow to those factors.
Okay cool, will put it a bit higher tomorrow. When I looked at them after 2-3 hours under the MH they were both reaching for the light looking happy, but will see what they look like in the morning :D

Temp at the tops is 24 lights on, 21 lights off. Will definitely look out for any signs of heat or light stress

Looks like they are coming right. Good job
Thanks man! There are a few more spots on the newer growth on the Lemon haze, but hoping that the feed today will bring it right.

If not I'll just bump up the calmag by another 50ppm to 200ppm (previous 150ppm)

If you look on the tip of the left and right leaves, small little spots on the edges.
420-magazine-mobile2088265565.jpg

I'd up your base nutes a little skoon. Going into week 3 should be more like 450-500 ppm total. Just remember it takes days for the plant to fix itself not hours. The cal-mag issue should fix itself in a bit. Plus you will likely have some transplant shock. I think I would have waiting 4-5 more days before transplanting. When plants are in shock they don't uptake as well as normal. You might see them slow down a bit for a couple days.

Little adjustments at a time and watch them react for 3 days. Just don't try to change too much at once or it'll be hard to figure out what the actual problem is. Change one thing, wait a couple days and see if it helps. If not you probably have a different issue.

I'd up your base nutes a little skoon. Going into week 3 should be more like 450-500 ppm total. Just remember it takes days for the plant to fix itself not hours. The cal-mag issue should fix itself in a bit. Plus you will likely have some transplant shock. I think I would have waiting 4-5 more days before transplanting. When plants are in shock they don't uptake as well as normal. You might see them slow down a bit for a couple days.

Little adjustments at a time and watch them react for 3 days. Just don't try to change too much at once or it'll be hard to figure out what the actual problem is. Change one thing, wait a couple days and see if it helps. If not you probably have a different issue.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by again. I also thought my ppm might be a bit low so I checked in with Cultivator on a coco feeding thread and he also said I should up my overall to 500ppm (with base nutes and maybe 50ppm calmag).

Will mix in the little extra base tomorrow to get the ppm up to 500ppm. Will keep the calmag at 150ppm for now.

Hopefully after a few days they will brush off the transplant shock and power on - including getting the feel for the feeds and stuff!

Will check back in tomorrow :) .

Looking better bru. Lets hope those nasty spots on the leaves, well leave you.... I agree with Asesino on the base nutes part. Don't want to place too much calmag in there now. It all takes time bru but we will get there in the end, it doesn't even matter if growth is a bit slow now. Taking on new challenges is always a bumpy road but will smooth out quickly :passitleft:

I agree. . Go easy on bumping things up.. let the girls work in what you have given since the transplant.
Will do :) they are looking happier already, will increase the base nutes a bit tomorrow or the next day.

Looking better bru. Lets hope those nasty spots on the leaves, well leave you.... I agree with Asesino on the base nutes part. Don't want to place too much calmag in there now. It all takes time bru but we will get there in the end, it doesn't even matter if growth is a bit slow now. Taking on new challenges is always a bumpy road but will smooth out quickly :passitleft:
Bumpy ass road indeed, good thing we are prepared for whatever comes our way brother . .

Day 14 from sprout

Look like they're already enjoying their new homes as well as the brighter sun up top

420-magazine-mobile126906460.jpg

GSC:
420-magazine-mobile342680266.jpg

LH:
420-magazine-mobile1241234653.jpg

Temp and humidity. Min and max are reset at midnight. Hitting 25 degrees with the 250w MH but going to add another intake pipe with 21 degree air so it should drop overall by a degree (this will help more when up to a 400w HPS.
420-magazine-mobile1795595879.jpg

No problems to report for now. Watered with the same 382ppm feed till about 10-15% runoff. Going to up this slowly with base nutes to 500ppm in the next few days depending on how the plants react :)

Back
Top Bottom