Skoondawg's Coco Grow - GSC and Lemon Haze - SCROG - 400w HPS - 2nd Grow

Mr. Skoon!

First off let me say, look how great everything looks now! It seems like the LH is just a day or two behind the GSC in terms of recovering but I bet you have no deficiencies on your 5 point leaves. Just keep in mind that even though you are on day 14 in your grow, the plants are like a couple days behind because of the small feed problem. I like how you aren't just jumping straight to 500ppm either. That is a solid move. Also a solid move was properly treating the coco this time. It probably is the reason your plants really didn't seem to have too much of a problem with transplant. I've had mine freeze up for a few days at this stage before, that's how I discovered the whole pre-treating your coco thing and what happens if you don't sometimes.

Secondly, I want to thank you for how you went about solving this problem. Reps+
1. You didn't post all over the place crying for help
2. You did your OWN research on some of the masters threads on here such as Cultivator
3. You have made a great journal so far with good pictures and asking for advice the proper way and being responsive.
4. You have been patient and are making smart decisions based on the research you've done and the different advice given. You took into account all the input and have clearly made the correct decision.

To be honest this has been more fun for me to watch lately than my own grow. I love the veg stage and am so bored currently with both tents in flower. This is likely why I went searching for journals to follow in the first place. I'm glad I found this one! Smooth sailing from here on out sir :high-five:

I say he is handling it pretty well, although he has been stressing nuts, LoL I would know since we talk about it pretty much daily seeing how things look and what new can be done :rofl: told him we must get together after this grow and test his ganja out. He already had some of my previous LED bud and said it wasn't too bad so excited to see how his is going to turn out with this 400w and some proper genetics

Mr. Skoon!

First off let me say, look how great everything looks now! It seems like the LH is just a day or two behind the GSC in terms of recovering but I bet you have no deficiencies on your 5 point leaves. Just keep in mind that even though you are on day 14 in your grow, the plants are like a couple days behind because of the small feed problem. I like how you aren't just jumping straight to 500ppm either. That is a solid move. Also a solid move was properly treating the coco this time. It probably is the reason your plants really didn't seem to have too much of a problem with transplant. I've had mine freeze up for a few days at this stage before, that's how I discovered the whole pre-treating your coco thing and what happens if you don't sometimes.

Secondly, I want to thank you for how you went about solving this problem. Reps+
1. You didn't post all over the place crying for help
2. You did your OWN research on some of the masters threads on here such as Cultivator
3. You have made a great journal so far with good pictures and asking for advice the proper way and being responsive.
4. You have been patient and are making smart decisions based on the research you've done and the different advice given. You took into account all the input and have clearly made the correct decision.

To be honest this has been more fun for me to watch lately than my own grow. I love the veg stage and am so bored currently with both tents in flower. This is likely why I went searching for journals to follow in the first place. I'm glad I found this one! Smooth sailing from here on out sir :high-five:

Let me tell you i am rather chuffed that they have (for now) fixed themselves and are growing well. As Pat says, whenever there's a small sign of a deficiency or unhappy plants i start stressing hard, hate seeing them unhappy. I am going to post an update for today shortly, they are looking good though, slight canoeing of the leaves so i raised the lights a few cm to give them a little extra respite from the light till they grow up.

Regarding treating of the coco, first time around my mistake was not rinsing enough (which i didnt know at the time because i had no ppm meter) as well as not treating with calmag. However second time round, i had all the correct tools and advice at the ready to treat the coco ready. I knew when to stop rinsing out the medium as the ppm dropped to the level of the ppm that was going in. Success.

Ill mention more in my update today, but i mixed up 15L of feed today. Wanted to hit 500ppm, but thought a smaller bump would be better. So ended with about a ppm of 470 (180 of that is calmag), but for the next day or two i will add some tap water to drop the ppm to about 440-450, then slowly increase as the ladies require.

Thank you for all your kinds words. Its post like these that make me appreciate the time it takes to post and update the journal. I myself dislike people that spam journals with their issues because they're desperate. However, I do understand the need to want to fix your ladies ASAP but there is a away to go about it. I also like to read a detailed journal with nice photos (i mean its not too hard to put in some effort) therefore i know what people like to see and try to post as much as i can now. It is fun and rewarding to journal your grow - the advice is priceless really.

Have a blessed day man :) Im glad you're taking a liking to my journal, ill try to keep it exciting :p

I say he is handling it pretty well, although he has been stressing nuts, LoL I would know since we talk about it pretty much daily seeing how things look and what new can be done :rofl: told him we must get together after this grow and test his ganja out. He already had some of my previous LED bud and said it wasn't too bad so excited to see how his is going to turn out with this 400w and some proper genetics

Lol yeah bro, you're the go to guy when my world is crumbling and stress is taking over :D Obviously we gonna test the ganja! Will come visit soon so you can try Skoondawg Kush and Skoondawg Haze after 2 months of cure, it just keeps getting tastier, more pungent and bit more potent.

Your bud was awesome brother, nice and dense nugs, strong cerebral buzz. Keen to also try it out soon again, so dont smoke it all ;)

Good work skoon! They are looking much more healthy by now. Be careful with that nutes, better less than more after they recover. If you raise them, raise them in very small steps. Should be no Problem at all cause you´re watering very often.

Thanks Croc :) Im also happy with new growth. Slowly time to up the nutes a little so i mixed up some feed today. Definitely gonna take it slow and try read the plants as much as possible before giving them more nutrients. They will need more in the next or so, so will do that (upping calmag ever so slightly as well as base nutes). Will raise the feed in 50ppm increments as to not burn them or anything.

I'm trying but I'm stuck with the decision on lights. Wanna try the COB technology out, but at the same time I don't want to wait. May just go with an LED as I don't want the electricity bill of other options, but I'm still searching.

Howdy everyone

Another quick update. Not much to report. Today is DAY 15 (First day of week 3)

The ladies seem to be taking well to their new homes and the new light. You'll see some canoeing in the pics below so i raised the 250w MH up an extra few cm to alleviate any light/heat stress until they grow up. The spots on the LH have subsided it seems for now until they cry for more nutrients - at which point ill happily feed them the goodness they deserve.

GSC:
420-magazine-mobile588569379.jpg

GSC:
420-magazine-mobile1744456623.jpg

LH:
420-magazine-mobile346332173.jpg

LH:
420-magazine-mobile1198633846.jpg

LH:
420-magazine-mobile677193061.jpg

Temps:
420-magazine-mobile1920455312.jpg

Today they got fed to about 10-15% runoff - 6.0ph and 385ppm. (PH was 5.8 initially, now gone up to 6.0 - get that calcium, phosphorus and magnesium absorbing :p)

Also took the time to mix up a new batch of nutrients. Tried to make the process easier for myself by calculating how much ppm is increased when adding 1ml of said nutrient to 1L of tap water, so that i do not always need to test ppm in future batches. I did this for each of the nutrients i use [Grow, Micro, Bloom, Kelpak, Silica liquid etc) except for Calmag (this is a powder and need a scale to get an exact measurement of 1g so i can add it to a 1L of water and see how much ppm goes up).

For 15L of tap water i added:

1. Base water - 85ppm
2. Calmag - 180ppm (Didnt want to go from 150 straight to 200ppm so i aimed for 175 and ended up with 180ppm)
3. Grow 8ml/15L - 40ppm
4. Micro 6ml/15L - 100ppm
5. Bloom 7.5ml/15L - 65ppm

The recommended dosage on the label in week 3 is 7ml per 10L, so I'm running about 60-75% of full strength.

The grow looks a bit low, but there is plenty N coming from the Micro as well as the Calmag, it is actually calcium magnesium nitrate and therefore also has some nitrogen in it.

This landed up with a ppm of around 470ppm and a ph of 6.7 - ph down got me down to 5.6.

420-magazine-mobile1254849866.jpg

As the water stands the ph tends to increase slowly. So as i water, the ph should increase with each day. I will let it drift up to 6.0 before making adjustments back down to 5.8 or around about there. Want to keep it in that range so the roots can take up all nutrients properly at different ph levels.

Here are my notes because why not :)
420-magazine-mobile280229649.jpg

Till next time beautiful people! :thanks:

Lol yeah bro, you're the go to guy when my world is crumbling and stress is taking over :D Obviously we gonna test the ganja! Will come visit soon so you can try Skoondawg Kush and Skoondawg Haze after 2 months of cure, it just keeps getting tastier, more pungent and bit more potent.

Your bud was awesome brother, nice and dense nugs, strong cerebral buzz. Keen to also try it out soon again, so dont smoke it all ;)

LoL bru we gotta dala, should swing by you this time round. The smaller buds are still chilling in their jars so we can get that into the bong :passitleft::passitleft::passitleft: get nicely blazed bru

I'm trying but I'm stuck with the decision on lights. Wanna try the COB technology out, but at the same time I don't want to wait. May just go with an LED as I don't want the electricity bill of other options, but I'm still searching.

Yeah i was also keen to go for COBs but circumstances never allowed for it, so i stuck with the HPS. If you dont wanna wait then go for LED, will have decent tight nugs, good yield too. The hydro store sells those mars panel but they are quite expensive due to the import and shipping costs. I believe Pat was looking for a buyer for his Mars panel, hasnt been used much and its already in Cape Town so you wouldnt have to wait long at all. Either way, im sure you will make a plan soon - keen to see another SA journal up :D

Day 16 update

Not much to report. I gave them a little bump in nutes from 385ppm to 445ppm today for the first time. Will see how they react, whether any nutrient burn or not. We will see.

Group Shot:
420-magazine-mobile1910047327.jpg

GSC:
420-magazine-mobile903404615.jpg

LH:
420-magazine-mobile161599643.jpg

Keep well all :)

They are recovering fine. GSC seems to need a little more Nitrogen, showing a brighter green than LH. I personally would keep LH at this ppm till her Leafs are starting to look brighter again.
Shot man, have a look at my update that I'll post soon. I believe she I looking a big greener, tiny bit of nute burn on the tips but not a lot (and only on the GSC). LH still behind, but no nute burn so she seems to like the current ppm I take it?

Back
Top Bottom