LH:
420-magazine-mobile1657240888.jpg

LH:
420-magazine-mobile413739362.jpg

LH:
420-magazine-mobile589213352.jpg

Timelapse:
420-magazine-mobile1852716926.jpg

I gave them a light foliar spray consisting of silica and kelpak seaweed extract. Also topped the GSC yesterday at the 5th node, waiting for the LH to grow that 5th node out a little more so i can top properly, i didnt want to accidentally FIM her.

Because they werent showing any nute burn on the tips, i decided not to water down the feed from 470 to 445ppm and gave them the 470ppm feed with ph sitting currently at 5.8/almost 5.9. Gave them 500ml each, which led to quite a bit of runoff so i can properly lower that to 350-400ml and still get decent run off.

If i measure the ppm of the runoff, what do i want it to be? If its too high do i need to flush? Or just continue watering till sufficient runoff?

Thats it for now :) Ill probably be back with day 21 update later today, or it may come in the morning like this one if i get lazy :p. Mind you i am studying all day so just too lazy to do anything else when im not studying haha

Peace all :)

Turns out im busy procrastinating right now and don't feel like studying. So im gonna post this update quick and then get my shit together and get some studying done.

Got some pics of the ladies from today (day 21 from sprout). They are looking a bit too light green for my liking, think it was pointed out earlier that they may need some more nitrogen. Let me know what you guys think regarding this. But maybe im just being paranoid.

GROUP shot - take note of the light green/lime colour, lower leaves look a bit darker (as they should be i think):
420-magazine-mobile706565008.jpg

420-magazine-mobile636697453.jpg

temps:
420-magazine-mobile1290496803.jpg

GSC:
420-magazine-mobile1977612502.jpg

GSC:
420-magazine-mobile1467439423.jpg

GSC:
420-magazine-mobile1629890449.jpg

GSC:
420-magazine-mobile141904578.jpg

LH:
420-magazine-mobile812649753.jpg

LH:
420-magazine-mobile1326575341.jpg

Checked the runoff from my feed today for each plant:

GSC:
In: 400ml of feed, 470ppm; 5.9ph

runoff: 250ml of feed, 416ppm; 5.9ph

LH:
In: 400ml of feed, 470ppm, 5.9ph

runoff: 240ml of feed, 414ppm, 6.0ph

So from this its safe to say that i can give them a lot less water to hit 10-15% runoff, will see how 200ml goes. The ppm is lower than whats going in so i can assume they are taking in nutrients right?

Thats it for now. Im gonna smoke a bong and go do some studying :D

Cheers peeeps :D

What N-P-K ratio are you feeding them?
Hey man, so I've been measuring ppm and stuff and realised today that I don't actually know the overall npk ratio and haven't been considering it which I realised was a mistake. Therefore I will work it out tomorrow. Any tips to calculate? I have all the g/kg values, just need to go do the numbers :) I should be at around 3-1-1 at the moment more or less?

So let's say I have two bottles of nutrients A and B. A is an NPK of 1-2-3. B is an NPK of 3-2-1. If I use 1 ml of A and B I get a ratio of 4-4-4 or 1-1-1.

If I use 3 ml of A and 1 ml of B I get (3-6-9(1x3,2x3,3x3 + 3-2-1) 6-12-10 or 3-6-5.

PPMs are important to measure but it doesn't really take into account the different types of minerals, just a total of them. If you just keep adding the same of one nutrient you can always get to whatever ppm you need but your plant will lockout from an abundance of it.
3-1-1 or so yes. That'll likely increase Nitrogen for you from what you are currently feeding and help get them a little darker. No big deal.

So let's say I have two bottles of nutrients A and B. A is an NPK of 1-2-3. B is an NPK of 3-2-1. If I use 1 ml of A and B I get a ratio of 4-4-4 or 1-1-1.

If I use 3 ml of A and 1 ml of B I get (3-6-9(1x3,2x3,3x3 + 3-2-1) 6-12-10 or 3-6-5.

PPMs are important to measure but it doesn't really take into account the different types of minerals, just a total of them. If you just keep adding the same of one nutrient you can always get to whatever ppm you need but your plant will lockout from an abundance of it.
3-1-1 or so yes. That'll likely increase Nitrogen for you from what you are currently feeding and help get them a little darker. No big deal.

So I took your advice.

The feed schedule calls for equal amounts of Grow, Micro, Bloom until the bloom stage.

1ml of each gives a combined NPK of around 1.9 N, 1 P, +- 3 K (my laptop died and cant get the exact numbers but these are more or less accurate if my young memory serves me correct)

if I add 1ml of grow and bloom BUT 2ml of micro (contains N and K, no P) the NPK comes to about 3-1-3.8 I think.

I can see that overall these nutes are a bit low in P and this may be a problem down the line, but I will get the numbers posted for everyone so we can make a informed decision on which to increase/decrease as we cruise through this grow.

Typing this from campus, been here almost all day. Luckily got the stealth vape to keep me irie :D

Hey everyone :)

Been struggling to find the time to post in between all the studying and stuff.

This was from yesterday (Friday) which was day 23.

I hadn't seen them for 2 days so when i saw them i got really happy. The fan leaves are already as big as my hand :D Was a bit late to topping the Lemon Haze so i did that yesterday at the 5th node. I also bent them both over away from the light to start getting them nice and flat - every cm of height counts in this grow so i need to keep them as short as possible. Was hard to bend the LH over properly as her stem is already quite thick!

Seeing as we are now in week 4 and soon into week 5. I decided it was time to mix up another 15L of feed for the next week or so.

My ppm ended up at 630 (was targeting 600) and after a drop too many of ph down my ph ended at 5.4 LOL. However no problem, for the first few days im going to dilute it with a bit of tap water to get the ppm down to 550 and ph will rise to about 5.8/5.9. Im doing this because i dont want to throw them in the deep end straight away by increasing feed from 470 to 630ppm. Thus going to go 550ppm for a day or two and see how they react to it. Furthermore, over these few days the PH of the res should drift up to 5.6+ :)

This was the make up of the feed:

15L Base water - 86ppm
Calmag - 189ppm
15ml Grow - 95ppm
9ml Micro - 156ppm
10ml Bloom - 109ppm

Total: 635ppm (PH 6.4 before adjusting)

Also gave them a foliar spray consisting of Silica liquid and kelpak seaweed extract :)

On to some pics:

Prior to training:
420-magazine-mobile936268446.jpg

Also prior to training:
420-magazine-mobile1384857149.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1466874698.jpg

As high as my light will be able to go; gonna be a squeeze with that 400w:
420-magazine-mobile552300722.jpg

LH:
420-magazine-mobile1513140616.jpg

LH:
420-magazine-mobile1372442405.jpg

LH:
420-magazine-mobile267571611.jpg

GSC:
420-magazine-mobile995557226.jpg

GSC:
420-magazine-mobile1361925533.jpg

Group shot after training:
420-magazine-mobile594154058.jpg

All in all the leaves look healthy i think. Took a squizz at the bottom of the pots and can see roots, not quite sticking out though. They look very white and healthy though.

Thats it for now! Please chime in with any thoughts or opinions or advice .

Till next time :)

Sorry for the delay my man .. Here's a shot of the one GSC. . All hermied all just got trashed. BS genetics from Cali Cons 100%
20170506_134319.jpg

Was that from Cali Connection? They are way to expensive....I won't buy their stuff at those prices if it is.

Was that from Cali Connection? They are way to expensive....I won't buy their stuff at those prices if it is.
My GSC is from feminised seeds.

The Lemon haze is royal something. Flower time I'm not exactly sure but around 9 weeks I think

Yessir .. I got them bought my a friend who wanted it grown. I must say I was curious too. Here's my thoughts. Could I smell the "Thin Mint"? I actually could and it was my curiosity that was and has been tickled. The Thin Mint which is a supposed DP x OG cross, I always wondered if the thin Mints was because of the same mint smell we get from pretty much every South African bag seed you grow. The smell we call "homegrown" always the same smell and taste no matter if it's from Durban Transkei Cape Town Johannesburg Swaziland or Malawi they all are almost identical in smell and flavour. The differences are sure as subtle as a finger print and that a genetic beauty of things but my point being I could smell South African home grown there all the way. The buds at 4 weeks were very frosty and the OG influence was obvious but it was not a smell Im attracted to. There is a Blue Cheese LSD and and Valley Secret OG in the same room that are all just popping out amazing aromas. I hope you have good luck my brother and your grow looks like things a greatly smoothening out for you.

Yessir .. I got them bought my a friend who wanted it grown. I must say I was curious too. Here's my thoughts. Could I smell the "Thin Mint"? I actually could and it was my curiosity that was and has been tickled. The Thin Mint which is a supposed DP x OG cross, I always wondered if the thin Mints was because of the same mint smell we get from pretty much every South African bag seed you grow. The smell we call "homegrown" always the same smell and taste no matter if it's from Durban Transkei Cape Town Johannesburg Swaziland or Malawi they all are almost identical in smell and flavour. The differences are sure as subtle as a finger print and that a genetic beauty of things but my point being I could smell South African home grown there all the way. The buds at 4 weeks were very frosty and the OG influence was obvious but it was not a smell Im attracted to. There is a Blue Cheese LSD and and Valley Secret OG in the same room that are all just popping out amazing aromas. I hope you have good luck my brother and your grow looks like things a greatly smoothening out for you.

I can't wait to try my Durban Poison.....will be putting her into flower in about 9 days or so. Gonna grow some GSC on my next grow along with a couple other strains.

If I were to aquire DP it would probably be from Dutch Passion . I've grown some of their gear before.

Thats who I got my DP seeds through. Its the only one of 5 that I have grown so far, but I am pretty impressed with their genetics thus far.

Back
Top Bottom