Skoondawg's Coco Grow - GSC and Lemon Haze - SCROG - 400w HPS - 2nd Grow

Shot man, have a look at my update that I'll post soon. I believe she I looking a big greener, tiny bit of nute burn on the tips but not a lot (and only on the GSC). LH still behind, but no nute burn so she seems to like the current ppm I take it?

Then, i have simply said nothing :)

Hey everybody! Hope you're all keeping well. Been quite busy the last few days and also a bit lazy to post. I have been taking pics each day so i will post the last 2 or 3 days of growth for you to see. Im happy with the way its going, they really seem to be taking off now and the newest growth and the majority of it looks mostly healthy. What do you seasoned professionals think of the leaves??

The last 3 days they have both received feed at about 450ppm and ph ranging from 5.6-5.9. Once the feed reaches 6.0 i will add a drop or two of ph down to get it back to 5.6ish and then let it drift up again.

Lets jump into the photo's:

This is DAY 17
GSC:
IMG-20170429-WA0000.jpg

GSC:
IMG-20170429-WA0003.jpg

LH:
IMG-20170429-WA0001.jpg

LH:
IMG-20170429-WA0004.jpg

This was today - DAY 19

Both of the ladies:
IMG-20170501-WA0000.jpg

GSC leaf, this leaf was clawing a bit. Had a small fan blowing near it so i figured it was wind burn as the leaves arent dark enough for it to be nitrogen toxicity, and overwatering not too likely:
IMG-20170501-WA0001.jpg

GSC:
IMG-20170501-WA0003.jpg

LH:
IMG-20170501-WA0002.jpg

LH leaf:
IMG-20170501-WA0004.jpg

Those are the updates.

Im going to top the GSC and LH tomorrow or the next day,then train down the four main branches from that into the corners, add the SCROG net and let it grow into the net. I do have to wait for the roots to fill the pot so i can up pot one more time to 9L square containers before i add the SCROG.

How long do you guys think it may take for the plants to fill the pot with roots? Its just over a gallon (about 4L). Im worried that the growth is gonna explode even more and i dont want to force the plant down into the SCROG i would rather let it grow into it. I dont have much height and i wanna add a 400w (bare bulb) and that needs at least 30cm i think of space between light and tops so i cant have the net too high up. I will therefore train the shit out of her and keep her nice and low.

Please feel free to chip in, any thoughts, opinions and criticism is appreciated!

Keep it irie guys :)

Also, i want to maybe do a once or twice a week foliar spray which will consist of silica liquid and some kelpak seaweed extract. Will start the silica at about 1/4 strength and kelpak at 1/2 strength. I want to do this as i want to keep the silica seperate to the basic feed so will rather foliar feed and have read that foliar feeding silica isnt a bad idea, not to mention seaweed extract.

Thoughts? Is twice a week too much? What kind of ppm should a foliar spray be hitting?

I'll agree with the other two, plants look great. 2 things to pay attention to with a net.

1. You have to be able to feed them so there has to be enough space for that. I used a beer bong for a while because I couldn't get a full water pitcher under the plant. It was a hassle.

2. Once the net is set and the plants grow into it there is very little adjusting you can do. I love my net but for a couple grows I am taking it off to see if I can have the same effect just by supercropping and LST. Here is a good example of what training can do but boy I was nervous being this tough. To date this is the best looking plant I've ever had now.

Supercropped every branch so there was a gap in the middle (bottom right plant)
IMG_134041.JPG

Filled in nice and symmetrical. Buds look awesome and stacked well because of the light they are getting from the training. I call this a screenless SCroG but has the same effect as a net! SCroG nets are a good place to start though.
IMG_191233.JPG

Lastly, (shameless plug) I have a new journal up! I know you are already there but anyone following you with questions can visit and ask questions! Ase's new journal!. I announced it here so I figured I'd add the link now! Thanks for letting me plug my journal on yours :). So excited to see you finish now.

Oh, roots depend on how well you are doing with feeding. I use a root enhancer so that helps. (highly recommend both Great White (dry) and rapidstart (liquid) to help with root growth). I honestly think you should wait until at least week 6 to flip. I start count veg week when the first leaves come in (not cotyledons) and go for 5 more weeks. Usually puts me at 6 straight weeks of veg from seed to flip. 1 week transition and then 8 weeks flower.

I don't foliar feed so I can't help ya there. I'm sure there is someone who does who can.

For any watering issues in smaller SCROG grows: The Ultimate Long-John solution
IMG_20170502_123956612_1_.jpg

After posting this yesterday, my thougts were about a better but cheap way to do it. I went to my local Home depot today, this is my Solution:

First connect a funnal to 1/2" tube. Caulk it with some silicone to make the connection Water proof.
trichter.jpg

Connect this tube to a Multi-Way-Valve, in this case a 4-Way because i have 4 Pots
4-wege_ventil.jpg

Connect 4 tubes to that Valve, i tied them to my Scrog´s edges
pipes8.jpg

Every Tube then ends in one of your Pots
pipe_end.jpg

This gives me the possibility to Feed or Water each Plant individually. Feel free to copy if this could be useful :love:

I was running different strains in my first grow too. Ended up like having 4 Water cans instead of one in the beginning and stuff like that. The Point is, as i experienced, different strains, even different Plants of the same strain will end up needing different amounts of nutrients when all are at Day 30 in Veg per example. If you spend a look to my Journal, you can see that because i documented simply everything that could possibly be documented except pH and EC cause this is not needed with my fertilizer. So you better prepare yourself to have a lot more stuff like garden sprayers and so on. It´s somehow a neverneding story, bying stuff like this.

I'll agree with the other two, plants look great. 2 things to pay attention to with a net.

1. You have to be able to feed them so there has to be enough space for that. I used a beer bong for a while because I couldn't get a full water pitcher under the plant. It was a hassle.

2. Once the net is set and the plants grow into it there is very little adjusting you can do. I love my net but for a couple grows I am taking it off to see if I can have the same effect just by supercropping and LST. Here is a good example of what training can do but boy I was nervous being this tough. To date this is the best looking plant I've ever had now.

Supercropped every branch so there was a gap in the middle (bottom right plant)
IMG_134041.JPG

Filled in nice and symmetrical. Buds look awesome and stacked well because of the light they are getting from the training. I call this a screenless SCroG but has the same effect as a net! SCroG nets are a good place to start though.
IMG_191233.JPG

Lastly, (shameless plug) I have a new journal up! I know you are already there but anyone following you with questions can visit and ask questions! Ase's new journal!. I announced it here so I figured I'd add the link now! Thanks for letting me plug my journal on yours :). So excited to see you finish now.

Oh, roots depend on how well you are doing with feeding. I use a root enhancer so that helps. (highly recommend both Great White (dry) and rapidstart (liquid) to help with root growth). I honestly think you should wait until at least week 6 to flip. I start count veg week when the first leaves come in (not cotyledons) and go for 5 more weeks. Usually puts me at 6 straight weeks of veg from seed to flip. 1 week transition and then 8 weeks flower.

I don't foliar feed so I can't help ya there. I'm sure there is someone who does who can.

I like that idea a lot, but for my 2nd grow i dont know if i have the balls yet haha. I also like the extra control i have over them with the net. Due to my height restrictions and going with a bigger light this grow, i have to control the height of the colas as well as possible. So ill probably end up tucking up until about 10-14 days after switch so that i can hopefully get nice 25-30cm colas (i would like 30-40cm but i dont think height will allow me, gotta keep that 400w around 30cm away too).

That bottom right plant did end up looking really pretty and even! Love it :) How long did you veg that plant for?

After posting this yesterday, my thougts were about a better but cheap way to do it. I went to my local Home depot today, this is my Solution:

First connect a funnal to 1/2" tube. Caulk it with some silicone to make the connection Water proof.
trichter.jpg

Connect this tube to a Multi-Way-Valve, in this case a 4-Way because i have 4 Pots
4-wege_ventil.jpg

Connect 4 tubes to that Valve, i tied them to my Scrog´s edges
pipes8.jpg

Every Tube then ends in one of your Pots
pipe_end.jpg

This gives me the possibility to Feed or Water each Plant individually. Feel free to copy if this could be useful :love:

I like this a lot, very simple and convenient. However, i think your initial idea will be simple enough for me :D

For any watering issues in smaller SCROG grows: The Ultimate Long-John solution
IMG_20170502_123956612_1_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom