Skoondawg's Coco Grow - GSC and Lemon Haze - SCROG - 400w HPS - 2nd Grow

I was thinkin that might be the case, but I'm no professional and I don't know coco
Think so too. Hopefully the little flush will help. Thank god for the amazing drainage of coco

did you run any nutes through the coco before planting? i put 5ml canna a and b through with 2l of water
No I never. Just phd tap water at ppm of 87.

For the next transplant I plan to buffer the coco with calmag.

Did you ever spray your plants? Thinking it may be burn from the magnification of the droplets under a strong light, but I'm just speculating.
No I never sprayed, and the light is only an 85w CFL.

Some are saying over fert. Some saying calmag . haha

So this is the latest. The GSC is also showing signs of unhappiness :(

Here they are :

LH:
420-magazine-mobile1824985382.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1150809266.jpg

GSC:
420-magazine-mobile1450585216.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1713754978.jpg

What do you guys think?

I made a new nute batch now, left out the seaweed extract and just added 1/2 strength grow, micro and bloom nutes plus about 150ppm of calmag.

Gave them both a moderate water to flush and feed and inspect ppm runoff, all seems fine. Going in the ppm was about 370. Coming out was around 400.

Hopefully they will turn around..

The new growth is looking good so I would stick with what you're doing now:thumb:
Thanks CK, I really hope so . Stressing balls, even Pat is stressing for me haha. Hopefully they will turn around :) as long as they don't perish I don't mind longer veg time .

Greetings Mr. Skoon! I subscribed to this the other day but finally got caught up. I'll offer up a few tips if you don't mind? I am not an expert and have only gone through a couple coco grows myself but maybe something I will blurt out will help!

1. Plants in their early stages do not need a lot to grow. Most of the nutrients are in the seed itself for the first 10 days or so. I like to pre-treat my coco with a light nutrient dosage (350-400PPM including cal-mag at about 150ppm). Coco is in constant need of cal-mag. The early brown spots on the leaves look very much like signs of lack of cal-mag. Calcium is an important mineral in week 1.

2. When I mix my water it is good water at a ppm of 35ish. I fill my bucket up and then mix in cal-mag until it is between 150-200ppm. Then I add the nutes to get to whatever my achieved ppm needs to be for that week. It is important to me to always know I've got a good baseline ppm of cal-mag.

3. In the first 2-3 weeks you are definitely able to overwater. It won't kill the plant like in soil but you can do some damage or stunting to the roots. If the coco is soaked all the time the roots stay stagnant and that is no bueno! Less roots = Less flower. You do want to try and feed daily but small amounts. In the first 3 weeks i sometimes skip a day here and there just to error on the side of dry-ish. You want the coco to be damp but not saturated (getting the feel for this is key). You should be able to lift the pot and tell when it needs watered. Just lift it once after you give it a full water to get a feel for how heavy it is. Now you have a gauge of the plant at it's heaviest. Lighter waterings more often works the best but it can be time consuming. By the time you get to flower though I would recommend twice a day waterings minimum.

4. In almost all my grows with coco I've had my first couple sets of leaves look like crap for one thing or another. First time I didn't pre-treat my coco. Second time I had transplant shock and the plant used my bottom branch's stored nutrients to keep growing. Point being, don't stress about what is going on. As CK said... the new growth looks good, don't focus on the old stuff. If you have upped the cal-mag now you'll be fine. Coco is nice because you can change things quickly (if you know what the deficiency is) but it's not forgiving like soil is.

5. I really wouldn't be flushing until the last week or if something is incredibly wrong. If you want to "flush out" the medium then do it with water + cal-mag + a really light feed. Plants in their first couple weeks really don't need to be flushed. If you just use water and nothing else then there will be nothing for the plant to grab onto to keep growing. Right now all your feedings should be around 200-250ppm and cal-mag probably accounting for 100-150ppm of that. You'll be able to measure runoff when your plants get bigger to be able to help tell what is going on. Essentially if you are running drain to waste you are doing a mini flush every time you allow runoff. Once a week with a light nutrient solution I water and allow 30-40% runoff. This helps makes sure any salts build ups get flushed with it. Otherwise I am trying to get barely any runoff at all when I am feeding. I want each plant to drip a little bit out but not much. Just my style.

I feel like I'm rambling so I'll sit back and just watch now. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Like I said I'm no expert but that would have helped me a bunch if I knew it before my first attempt with coco.

Spoiler: I'll be starting my final journal this week. It'll be a perpetual one and the focus is coco for beginners and should have some nice posts about feedings and what to look for. The problem is you only get 7 hours to post before it locks you out and I want all the info in the front so someone could read it all rather than having to search through page after page in a journal to find answers. That will take me a bit of time but should be really cool if it turns out the way I am envisioning it.

Greetings Mr. Skoon! I subscribed to this the other day but finally got caught up. I'll offer up a few tips if you don't mind? I am not an expert and have only gone through a couple coco grows myself but maybe something I will blurt out will help!

1. Plants in their early stages do not need a lot to grow. Most of the nutrients are in the seed itself for the first 10 days or so. I like to pre-treat my coco with a light nutrient dosage (350-400PPM including cal-mag at about 150ppm). Coco is in constant need of cal-mag. The early brown spots on the leaves look very much like signs of lack of cal-mag. Calcium is an important mineral in week 1.

2. When I mix my water it is good water at a ppm of 35ish. I fill my bucket up and then mix in cal-mag until it is between 150-200ppm. Then I add the nutes to get to whatever my achieved ppm needs to be for that week. It is important to me to always know I've got a good baseline ppm of cal-mag.

3. In the first 2-3 weeks you are definitely able to overwater. It won't kill the plant like in soil but you can do some damage or stunting to the roots. If the coco is soaked all the time the roots stay stagnant and that is no bueno! Less roots = Less flower. You do want to try and feed daily but small amounts. In the first 3 weeks i sometimes skip a day here and there just to error on the side of dry-ish. You want the coco to be damp but not saturated (getting the feel for this is key). You should be able to lift the pot and tell when it needs watered. Just lift it once after you give it a full water to get a feel for how heavy it is. Now you have a gauge of the plant at it's heaviest. Lighter waterings more often works the best but it can be time consuming. By the time you get to flower though I would recommend twice a day waterings minimum.

4. In almost all my grows with coco I've had my first couple sets of leaves look like crap for one thing or another. First time I didn't pre-treat my coco. Second time I had transplant shock and the plant used my bottom branch's stored nutrients to keep growing. Point being, don't stress about what is going on. As CK said... the new growth looks good, don't focus on the old stuff. If you have upped the cal-mag now you'll be fine. Coco is nice because you can change things quickly (if you know what the deficiency is) but it's not forgiving like soil is.

5. I really wouldn't be flushing until the last week or if something is incredibly wrong. If you want to "flush out" the medium then do it with water + cal-mag + a really light feed. Plants in their first couple weeks really don't need to be flushed. If you just use water and nothing else then there will be nothing for the plant to grab onto to keep growing. Right now all your feedings should be around 200-250ppm and cal-mag probably accounting for 100-150ppm of that. You'll be able to measure runoff when your plants get bigger to be able to help tell what is going on. Essentially if you are running drain to waste you are doing a mini flush every time you allow runoff. Once a week with a light nutrient solution I water and allow 30-40% runoff. This helps makes sure any salts build ups get flushed with it. Otherwise I am trying to get barely any runoff at all when I am feeding. I want each plant to drip a little bit out but not much. Just my style.

I feel like I'm rambling so I'll sit back and just watch now. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Like I said I'm no expert but that would have helped me a bunch if I knew it before my first attempt with coco.

Spoiler: I'll be starting my final journal this week. It'll be a perpetual one and the focus is coco for beginners and should have some nice posts about feedings and what to look for. The problem is you only get 7 hours to post before it locks you out and I want all the info in the front so someone could read it all rather than having to search through page after page in a journal to find answers. That will take me a bit of time but should be really cool if it turns out the way I am envisioning it.

Good evening Asesino

Thank you so much for dropping by, i really appreciate the effort you put into your post to help out a newbie and fellow grower. I must admit that i am guilty of making a number of mistakes already, but your info has put me at ease. The plants seem to be on the mend with the feed of around 370ppm (150+- of that is calmag) the new growth looks good. I will post shortly an update. They do seem like they are a bit behind in growth for day 12-13 but i may have stunted growth with keeping the coco constantly wet or maybe it was the deficiency keeping her small.

I hope to transplant in the next day or so, so that they can get settled in for a day or two so i can top them at the 5th node.

Thank you again for stopping by and sharing your knowledge, i only hope to grow beautiful ladies like you have in the future :D

I hope you enjoy the journey ! Glad to have you hear

Subbed along for the ride .. will offer help where I ca also have some GSC running at the mo .. different medium to you .. but all the best .. look fwd to seeing how they turn out for you

Welcome Sun

Nice to:welcome: have a fellow SA grower a long! DO you have the GSC in a journal? Would love to watch the progress and compare different mediums, nutes etc :)

Enjoy the ride man!

Day 13

The new growth seems to be looking better, here they are.

420-magazine-mobile1693505903.jpg

LH:
420-magazine-mobile952292545.jpg

GSC:
420-magazine-mobile118382410.jpg

Feed today was small, only about 50ml each.
Ppm 370, ph 6.0. Just going to keep the ppm around here until I need to increase again. Start of week 3 already coming up soon and not the biggest. Hopefully once I transplant and swap out the CFLS for the 250w Metal Halide they will start growing strong and fast :)

Hopefully we can keep them on track too.

Plan to transplant tomorrow or the day after into about 2-3L pots. Hoping a nice root ball has already grown. Thoughts?

You should be sleeping with exams coming up :rofl: bru I think you can dala the transplant. Then gooi the 250w MH in there with it, lets see some growth! I see Neil does the rockwool cube vibe straight into like 2/3gal pots, not sure how big that is scheme like 4/5L? So by this time yours should be fine. Can always just take a looksee by turning the pot around while keeping it basically in the palm of your hand with the plant going through your fingers just so you don't nai a bunch of coco out. Just lift the ol potteroo off and see if the rootball is sufficient to your liking. By this you can then tell if you want to transplant already or not. If you not 100% then gooi me a whatsapp and we can discuss it as usual bru :passitleft: love you sweety <3

Back
Top Bottom