Skywalker Bag Seed

An example, I put pro~mix in the butter tub, watered the mix till run off, planted a non germinated seed about 1/2" below and covered. Broke surface after 5 days on May 1st. I haven't watered as of today. Here's how it looks.
20160506_100312.jpg
20160506_100140.jpg

are those holes all up and down the sides?

No, it's not normal. You're on the verge of over watering or too much love. The little roots need oxygen to survive and by not letting the mix dry out before each watering will stunt them. You have to let that tap root search for water, otherwise the roots stay in one spot because why leave the water source up top. You need big roots for big buds. I did the same thing in the beginning, now when they pop the surface I don't touch them for at least 5 days before watering, then another 5-7 days. No nutes, no nothing until they are past the seedling stage. Over watering is when you water today, tomorrow, next day, etc. When you water and pour in extra for run off, that's not over watering, it's more clearing out any salts. Be sure to tip them on the side and drain out the waste before putting them back. I don't leave mine on trays. I make sure they are done dripping.
The direction the fan is blowing the heat, you could cut an opening for the hot air to escape. You don't need to cut the whole side off.

Edit: I do like your tray setup, though.
I haven't ever grown a plant that the cotyledon didn't yellow dry up and fall off eventually but not that young I should have asked for pics first. I didn't know they were so young and most over watered plants attract fungus gnats, they lay their eggs in the moist soil and the larvae can cause root damage as they hunt for food. Letting them dry a bit between watering is a key to keeping them under control and it helps the roots in two ways it lets them get oxygen and to grow and search for water toward the bottom of the pot.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using 420

Lol, yes. Before I planted i ran my pruning shears through the plastic making kind of an "airpot". The mix I use works best with a lot of airflow to it through holes, so I even put vertical slits up the sides of my solo cups to get airflow inside. Helps also with drying out the mix faster and helps the roots develop.
You can see a slit in the clear solo cup I taped up to make it dark for the roots.
20160426_150859.jpg

Lol, yes. Before I planted i ran my pruning shears through the plastic making kind of an "airpot". The mix I use works best with a lot of airflow to it through holes, so I even put vertical slits up the sides of my solo cups to get airflow inside. Helps also with drying out the mix faster and helps the roots develop.
You can see a slit in the clear solo cup I taped up to make it dark for the roots.
20160426_150859.jpg

interesting...

Once you let them get a dry cycle between waterings they should get healthier, three to 5 weeks after sprouting they usually start growing faster and it gets easier to care for them.

Skywalker is a pretty hearty strain mine just grew no matter what I did after she got established.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using 420

so i watered them yesterday and on the 30 also i sprayed them on the 27... so when should be the next time to water them?
Now is a good time to practice the lift method of when to water. Pick them up a few times a day and get a feel for the water weight. It'll get real light before you water again. You will pick it up one morning and go damn! it's time to water. It'll be that light. Another advantage of cutting slits in the solo cup is you can peak in and see if the sides are dry. Also the bigger container won't need water at the same time as the cups. That one will probably go at least double the time before watering.

Edit: No need to spray them either. Your humidity is good. You may have to get a dehumidifier later on in flower.

wow... i know i know i shouldnt water so frequently, but i checked my gals this morning and they were bone dry... i even checked with the soil moisture reader and it said dry... so i gave them some water... the ph run off was 6.8 is that bad... i really think i need to bring out humidity or something

wind burn... i think i have a case of it... my fan has been blowing at a babies 24/7 they were dancing and apparently they dont want to dance that much without a break. i guess everything needs a break or they will break. i hope i recover from this and i hope it doesnt cause any lasting effect... i will check things tomorrow.. any advice welcome

i just checked them and they seem pretty dry. i fliped one over into my hand to check the roots and they have reached them bottom of the cup but barely any.. should i water with just plain water? remember dean i put the holes in the sides like yours... i just watched the main video for airpots and i see how they work so since the roots hit the bottom they should start going out sideways now right? when should i water again?

No water until the solo cup become really light and the soil pulls away from the sides of the cup. Even after the soil pulls away from the sides, I still wait until it's light when i pick it up. I like to run slits up the sides of the cup so i can see inside if I'm in doubt when to water. I never plan on reusing solo cups. easy to cut them open when I'm ready to transplant. If you want to reuse them, tape them back up. You gotta get your watering figured out. They don't need much at the stage they're in. Wait til flower, then you'll be busy watering. If you look through my photo gallery, you can see I drilled hole in my one gallon pots. They don't make a mess because the dirt pulls away from the sides and allows the air to flow into it.

What soil are you using? That maine lobster compost stuff? Go to lowes or H.depot and get a bale of the pro~mix and put the lobster stuff aside until you get a good grow under your belt. I tried making my own soil in the beginning and found that was my whole problem. I bought the promix and finished a couple grows with it. I think once you get a successful grow you will be happy and confident. I've been there!

Edit: I went back to the first page and I see the bag you are using. I'm wondering if the 40-50% pine bark is making it too acidic for marijuana plants and more limestone is needed.

Back
Top Bottom