Skywalker Bag Seed

plant 4
594_4_.JPG
594_3_.JPG
594_2_.JPG
594_1_1.JPG

i ended up dropping the light down to about 3-4 inches above tallest plant... also i gave them some bubbled for 24 hours phd tap water... they really responded well to the water... they are reaching up now :)

eta: the runoff was about 7.2 is that bad?

My mix has limestone in it for ph balancing and I use Reverse Osmosis with a ph of 7. I don't ph my water or take a runoff reading. I wouldn't do it with regular tap water unless I knew what the ph is first. My tap water here is 8.3 ph. We don't drink it. neither does my dog or plants, lol. What I do is... I know my mix is acidic and my water is 7. I know my nutes will lower my ph. So I water, it dry's out, next time I give nutes to lower my ph and as they dry out the ph raises slowly. After dried out, I give RO water at 7 ph to keep bringing the ph up. After dried out, I give nutes to lower the ph again, starting the cycle over. If I see any toxicity, then I do a second cycle of water and skip a nute. So it goes water, nutes, water, nutes, etc. or if needed with an extra water goes, water nutes water water nutes, etc. That's how I do it. I also may add epsom salts to my RO water when I see signs of mag. deficiency.

Your mix says it has dolomite limestone in it for the same reason of being acidic. I don't know about the runoff numbers. My ph pen hasn't worked for over a year.

Edit: Yours are still small for nutes.

Im caught up and subbed in. Sounds like you are giving them too much love as one said above. Very good advise by DeanB and Red. I also wait until cups/container are light and dry. The weight check is my preferred method along with checking the top inch of soil.
No Nutes in seedling stage. I forget your soil but I would wait until after you move them out of the cups before I started with nutes. When you do transplant, be sure to do it when they are dry. Makes it much easier. And definitely lower your lights. And just try to keep in mind everytime your doing something and you think, Ahh, Ill add a little more....DONT!! More isnt always better, especially for us noobs. It seems you have very good help in here so you should be good. I cant wait to see how they turn out.

And Hello DeanB and Redmud :high-five:

not sure what my final container will be.. im wanting to keep it small.. i was thinking the final will might be the 2 litre... hubby is mad at me because the first time the plant took a crap so he is refusing me to buy anything else :(

let me know what you all think! each plant is labeled!!

Poor Tri Leaf :(

Please do them a favor and poke at least 100 holes in those "solo" cups immediately, they are drowning in that wet bog :(

I like the lights and the grow tent's reflective material!! Also +1 for monitoring your temps.

what do you mean.. there are multiple holes not quite 100...

also why poor tripleaf?

in many of the pictures I have observed wet soil in those cups and I was pointing out TriLeaf's yellow appearance is from constantly wet soil.
She may not die, but definitely vigor drops to a crawl in this condition

the lamps you are using are fine for seedlings.

not sure what my final container will be.. im wanting to keep it small.. i was thinking the final will might be the 2 litre... hubby is mad at me because the first time the plant took a crap so he is refusing me to buy anything else :(
Do you have anything else like a butter tub or one of those big plastic Ice Cream containers that are typically a gallon or more. Both things I've used. Bottles with curves in them tend to hold moisture in the curves and algae starts to grow.

Back
Top Bottom