Skywalker Bag Seed

One of my buddies bought carnivorous plants that are called Butterworth to rid his grow of fungus gnats, and anything that touches it they are even yellow to attract the gnats. Or get those yellow sticky cards or strips I like to use Neem oil with soap to mist and Neem meal tea to drench at every other watering as a preventative measure but I only water maybe once a week sometime longer depending on how long it takes for them to dry out. Each plant varies as well I had one I watered 2 days ago along with the rest of them and she needed more water today and the others didn't yet. Letting them dry out goes against what is the norm for house plants kept outside but it is just as important as nutes and light.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using 420

I prefer Neem as a prevention type of thing. Like changing the oil in your car at regular intervals to keep the engine running right.
Most bugs don't like Neem so they stay away and it will dissolve most bugs exoskeleton unless they build a resistance to it.

What is the ingredients in the Safer brand I couldn't make it out on my phone.

I prefer Neem as a prevention type of thing. Like changing the oil in your car at regular intervals to keep the engine running right.
Most bugs don't like Neem so they stay away and it will dissolve most bugs exoskeleton unless they build a resistance to it.

What is the ingredients in the Safer brand I couldn't make it out on my phone.

Looks like
Potassium Salts of Fatty Acids.. 2%
Other Ingredients.. 98%

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Directions for Use:
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent
with its labeling.
What it is: Safer® Brand Fruit & Vegetable Insect Killer is a specially formulated
combination of insecticidal soap and aromatics. These combined ingredients kill pests
and provide a pleasant, fresh fragrance.
What it kills: Aphids, beetles (leaf-feeding), caterpillars (leaf-feeding), crickets,
earwigs, lace bugs, leafhoppers, mealybugs, mites, plant bugs, scale crawlers, thrips and
whiteflies.
Where to use it: Fruits and vegetables
How to use it: Shake well. Use at first sighting of insects. Thorough coverage of both
top and bottom leaves is important. Spray leaves to the point of run off. CAN BE USED
UP TO THE DAY OF HARVEST. Apply every 5 to 7 days when insects are present.
DO NOT USE on sweetpeas or newly planted cuttings.
Precautionary Statements
Hazards to Humans and Domestic Animals:
CAUTION: Harmful if absorbed through skin. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid
contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling.
IF IN EYES: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes.
Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye.
Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
IF ON SKIN OR CLOTHING: Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately
with plenty of water for 10-20 minutes. Call a poison control center or doctor for
treatment advice.
Have this product container or label with you when calling a poison
control center or doctor or going for treatment. You may also contact 1-
800-858-7378 for emergency medical treatment advice.
ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS: This product may be hazardous to aquatic
invertebrates. For terrestrial uses, do not apply directly to water, or to areas where
surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not
contaminate water by cleaning of equipment or disposal of rinsate.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL:
Storage: Store only in original container in a cool, dry area inaccessible to children and
pets. Protect from freezing and heat. Keep container tightly closed to prevent
evaporation.
Disposal:
If Empty: Do not reuse this container. Securely wrap original container in several layers
of newspaper and discard in trash or offer for recycling if available..
If Partly Filled: Call your local solid waste agency or (800)CLEANUP for disposal
instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
Active Ingredients……………………………. By Wt.
Potassium Salts of Fatty Acids.................2.00%
INERT INGREDIENTS.........................98.00%
TOTAL.................................................100.00%
*Includes 1.465 as potassium oleate and 0.54% as potassium salts of other fatty acids.
CAUTION: Keep out of reach of children.
Woodstream Corp and its subsidiaries will not accept liability for
damage or injury resulting from misuse. For information on this
pesticide product (including health concerns, medical emergencies,
or pesticide incidents), call the National Pesticide Information Center
at 1-800-858-7378.

I did a bit of realding on potassium oleate and it is actually pretty safe and can dissolve the exoskeleton as well as trigger the bugs to attack each other since a decaying bug emits potassium oleate and that triggers the colony to want to remove the dead body so any of them that gets sprayed is dead to them.

the humidity when i checked was 29... im not sure why... the humidity outside is 51... maybe ill hang some wet towels or something

The wet towel method never worked for me, but its a cheap way to raise the humidity a few points. You can get a decent cool mist humidifier from a convenience store for around $30. You will have to refill the tank everyday, but it will help to raise the humidity, without raising the temps.

so im getting really disappointed in my babies..
i decided to start a germination in paper towel about 6 more seeds... approx 5 hours ago
im still gonna keep the ones i have going but i might trade them out depending how the new seeds go!!

besides not watering often what other tips?

how should i prepare my containers? should i start in the 1 gallon pot or in solo cups?

regarding soil... i have the soil thats posted on the first post. i also have miracle grow original potting mix, i also have perlite and worm castings... what would u recommend i use?

and then how wet should soil be when puttin in the taproots? do u water before? after? both?

anything will help

so im getting really disappointed in my babies..
i decided to start a germination in paper towel about 6 more seeds... approx 5 hours ago
im still gonna keep the ones i have going but i might trade them out depending how the new seeds go!!

besides not watering often what other tips?

how should i prepare my containers? should i start in the 1 gallon pot or in solo cups?

regarding soil... i have the soil thats posted on the first post. i also have miracle grow original potting mix, i also have perlite and worm castings... what would u recommend i use?

and then how wet should soil be when puttin in the taproots? do u water before? after? both?

anything will help
So i typically have sligly damp soil to start with. Bury your seed, and then get the soil plenty moist. Dont water again for a little while. No roots to suck it up, so it'll be wet for a few days for sure.

Id stay away from mg soil, for seedlings especially.

Start in solo cups with holes. This is so u can see the roots poking out a bit. Having a nice root ball befor up potting really helps keep things growing at a consistant speed.

i forgot to mention i also have this stuff:
10210390.jpg

41011760FF_Pro_Potting_Mix_2cu_RESILIENCE_Front.jpg

i got some new soil:
Fafard® Professional Potting Mix with RESiLIENCE®

Description:

An all-purpose potting mix based on our professional formulation used by commercial growers, Fafard® Professional Potting Mix is a top-quality peat-based blend recommended for all indoor and outdoor container plantings. This product contains RESiLIENCE®, which may improve resistance to wilting.

Available In:

Eastern United States only

Available Sizes:

8 QT (200/pallet), 1.0 CF (90/pallet), 2.0 CF (48/pallet)

Ingredients:

Regionally formulated and contains a blend of Canadian Sphagnum peat moss or peat and one or more of the following: processed softwood bark, forest products, compost, perlite, vermiculite or peanut hulls, dolomitic limestone, and wetting agent

Applications:

Recommended for all container plantings, indoors and out.

Back
Top Bottom