Skywalker Bag Seed

I use what I have, here's a 4L ice cream bucket, yogurt and butter container. I've tried milk jugs, didn't like. Tried 2L soda bottles, didn't like.
20160512_080252_1_.jpg

i ended up going to a nursery down the street and the awesome owner gave me like 20 plastic 1 gal pots :)
now soil...... i still have a lot of that soil on my first page of journal plus i have some perlite plus i have a bag of that god awful miracle grow stuff... what would ur advice be when repoting them

eta: i have a bag of earthworm castings

Ok, quick catch up..

So, before you worry about adding more light, or transplanting, we need to get these girls healthier.

Like Vladimir said, poke holes, lots of them. Your soil is way to wet and not enough O2 is getting to the roots, thus causing them to choke out.

Never transplant a seedling that isn't stable or the shock of it is bound to finish it off. Your girls need some time before changing homes.

You have plenty of light for these seedlings. You can add light later if you choose to, but right now it's not necessary.

What type of soil (brand) are you using? If it has fertilizer mixed into it, it will be well into veg before you need to do any type of feeding. I would wait and give them their first feeding shortly after transplanting, which should happen around the forming of the 4th or 5th node. Remember, the reason of transplanting is to re open up the root zone AFTER it has exceeded the space limitations. Transplanting before this, won't do much, especially if you are keeping the top soil too wet.

Learn to let them grow. They need our help a lot less than you think.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You are getting some extremely sound advice man. I cant add anything myself. It takes a little time, but shit does really fall into place once u got a feel for it. Learn from everything. To many street growers stay complacent and dont learn from every grow, and thats why their bud aint top notch. Wont find to many of those types on here. Keep it up man, your doing just fine.

Oh, and why i actually stoped by was for the skywalker bagseed....i had one last grow...turned out male through.. beautiful plant.....why cant they have an adams apple like in real life.....everyone knows u can tuck it back.....lol to far? Sorry

Ok, quick catch up..

So, before you worry about adding more light, or transplanting, we need to get these girls healthier.

Like Vladimir said, poke holes, lots of them. Your soil is way to wet and not enough O2 is getting to the roots, thus causing them to choke out.
ive got about 20-30 holes in each one

Never transplant a seedling that isn't stable or the shock of it is bound to finish it off. Your girls need some time before changing homes.
i didnt even think of this...

You have plenty of light for these seedlings. You can add light later if you choose to, but right now it's not necessary.

What type of soil (brand) are you using?
20160417_153140.jpg
20160417_153242.jpg
20160417_153255.jpg

Learn to let them grow. They need our help a lot less than you think.

i think i answered most :)

ive also noticed more bugs today in the soil... not to happy about that... i sprayed a mist of Safer brand veg and fruit
safer.jpg
all around everywhere so ill see tomorrow. i really hate puting a layer of de over the soil again as it tends to get mushy :(

ive also noticed more bugs today in the soil... not to happy about that... i sprayed a mist of Safer brand veg and fruit
safer.jpg
all around everywhere so ill see tomorrow. i really hate puting a layer of de over the soil again as it tends to get mushy :(

Tread lightly with generic bug sprays that aren't specifically targeting a bug that you are dealing with. Are you sure that these are Whiteflies or Fungus gnats? If not, then don't keep drenching and spraying stuff on them. They are easily effected at this age.

Does your soil mention any NPK values anywhere on it? It says "organic fertilizer" but doesn't say what or how much. It also has Dolomite in it which will possibly make you chase a constant pH. Each watering will pull more and more of the Dolomite out of the soil causing it to continuously raise the pH.

You're doing good, just don't try and fix every problem.

:thumb:

When soil has that amount of fertilizer in it, it's considered "hot" for seedlings and they don't do well. Usually it's the miracle grow organics and there's a fox farm one that is considered too hot. The problem still goes back to over watering which makes it release more fertilizer each time you water. You could try diluting a small batch of the mix before using with seedlings. Run a bunch of water through it for a couple days. Idk, just guessing how long. lol. You get the idea.

When soil has that amount of fertilizer in it, it's considered "hot" for seedlings and they don't do well. Usually it's the miracle grow organics and there's a fox farm one that is considered too hot. The problem still goes back to over watering which makes it release more fertilizer each time you water. You could try diluting a small batch of the mix before using with seedlings. Run a bunch of water through it for a couple days. Idk, just guessing how long. lol. You get the idea.

Fox Farm Ocean Forest is the one you are thinking of. A lot of people say it's too hot, but I have started my last 8 plants directly into FFOF after germinating them and have had no problems.

It most certainly is an over watering issue.

+1 In doing research Iv read its too hot for seedlings in a few different places but most of those places are people saying they had a friend or cousin that had a friend that said it was too hot. LOL I use FFOF from germination to end. Among the problems Iv had with my grow, FFOF being to hot wasnt one of them. Really good soil if you ask me. But Im still a noob so take it with a grain of salt.

Back
Top Bottom