Slowpuffer's 1st Run With High Brix

I think you want to carefully remove affected leaves....?

:passitleft:
I pulled a 1 gl. coffee can full, and I'll pull more tomorrow. And remember, I got 4 ghost train haze, same age as these, 5 foot away, in another 4x4 tent. Hope this shit don't spread ?? 12 years at this location, and this is my 1st. PM.

Never heard of but I only had the pm once and it wasn't nearly as bad. @Mr. Krip. Had some natural solutions maybe he can share.

Yes, that is most likely Powdery Mildew. To stop it, you can use any organic fungicide or make your own using baking soda, milk, apple cider vinegar, or H2O2.

Baking Soda - Make a 0.5–2.0% solution (5–20 grams per liter) of potassium bicarbonate in water. Spray directly onto pm infected spots. Ed Rosenthol mixes 1 ounce of potassium bicarbonate in a gallon of water together along with 1.5 cups of milk.

Milk - Mix 40/60 milk to water and spray entire plant. Milk is more effective as a preventative to keep healthy leaves from getting PM.

Apple Cider Vinegar - Mix 2 teaspoons of organic apple cider vinegar into a quart of water – be careful not to overdo it, high concentrations of vinegar can burn plants.

H2O2 - Use 1 part 3% H2O2 to 3 parts water and mist plants focusing on infected areas.

I hope that helps! :goodluck:

BTW, you also need to check your ventilation, circulation, temps/RH, and foliar techniques to prevent this in the future! For example, don't apply foliars towards the end of day, don't soak them too much if they'll take too long to dry out, make sure there's good air circulation & ventilation, etc.

Yes, that is most likely Powdery Mildew. To stop it, you can use any organic fungicide or make your own using baking soda, milk, apple cider vinegar, or H2O2.

Baking Soda - Make a 0.5–2.0% solution (5–20 grams per liter) of potassium bicarbonate in water. Spray directly onto pm infected spots. Ed Rosenthol mixes 1 ounce of potassium bicarbonate in a gallon of water together along with 1.5 cups of milk.

Milk - Mix 40/60 milk to water and spray entire plant. Milk is more effective as a preventative to keep healthy leaves from getting PM.

Apple Cider Vinegar - Mix 2 teaspoons of organic apple cider vinegar into a quart of water – be careful not to overdo it, high concentrations of vinegar can burn plants.

H2O2 - Use 1 part 3% H2O2 to 3 parts water and mist plants focusing on infected areas.

I hope that helps! :goodluck:
Thanks Mr. Krip.

Thanks Krip!

Yes, definitely add a fan under the canopy!
My passive intake is blowing on the bottom of my plants, so I never had any fan down there. But I will add one now !! I think what caused this is spraying to much foliar spray. I started with a 8 oz eye glass cleaning solution bottle , which was perfect, but then I got irritated with it getting plugged up, so switched to a regular qt. size spray bottle. I've always sprayed during lights on period, but having light turned off till plants somewhat dried. I figure I'm about 2 weeks from earliest projected harvest date. So wish me luck with the salvage, and thank you everyone, for your advise.

My passive intake is blowing on the bottom of my plants, so I never had any fan down there. But I will add one now !! I think what caused this is spraying to much foliar spray. I started with a 8 oz eye glass cleaning solution bottle , which was perfect, but then I got irritated with it getting plugged up, so switched to a regular qt. size spray bottle. I've always sprayed during lights on period, but having light turned off till plants somewhat dried. I figure I'm about 2 weeks from earliest projected harvest date. So wish me luck with the salvage, and thank you everyone, for your advise.
Foliar early, just after (or just before) lights on. ;)

Pics of SD&BB clones, at 46 days bloom. PM doesn't seem to be growing, so I'll wait to give them another dose of the 86. Each 10gl. bag got 2gl. post cats drench. 8ml. tea to 8gl. tap water. These will be humongous buds, if I can nurse them to the finish line !! Odd that PM hasn't spread to the gthaze, a few feet away.

I hope you can make it to the finish line! Do you have any ideas how PM got there in the first place?

I"m sure you already knew this but it might be good for others to know. If it was me, I'd strip that tent and gear to disinfect / clean before next run. Even the exterior area around the tent, I'd try clean too. The problem with powdery mildew is the spores, they can stay dormant, we can’t even see them as they are spreading throughout the air and via physical contact, making it difficult to keep PM at bay.

I hope you can make it to the finish line! Do you have any ideas how PM got there in the first place?

I"m sure you already knew this but it might be good for others to know. If it was me, I'd strip that tent and gear to disinfect / clean before next run. Even the exterior area around the tent, I'd try clean too. The problem with powdery mildew is the spores, they can stay dormant, we can’t even see them as they are spreading throughout the air and via physical contact, making it difficult to keep PM at bay.
Well 207, after every grow, I bomb the entire room, for unknown critters and I do use bleach & water to wipe down all surfaces. that tent is in a walkin closet and It's the closet, that's used as an overflow, for extra coats, clothes that my wife will never wear again, etc., so all I can do there is spray disinfectant. But like I say, I'm pretty diligent when It comes to cleaning. 1st. time in 12 years at this location, and had mites twice in that frame. From what I'm being told, some strains are more pron than others to PM ?
Personally, I think I left too many leaves, because doc encourages lot of leaves for hi-brix. More leaves, less air flow= PM. That's my theory and I'm sticking to It !!

Some strains are very prone to it, that's why I said I would ditch any clones of the plants that picked it up. There's 1 breeder that just about every strain I ran of theirs was prone to contracting it. I've had to run a Sulphur burner 3 times in 5 years and evertime there was plants from that breeder involved while other plants sitting in the same tent with them never contracted it.

Some strains are very prone to it, that's why I said I would ditch any clones of the plants that picked it up. There's 1 breeder that just about every strain I ran of theirs was prone to contracting it. I've had to run a Sulphur burner 3 times in 5 years and evertime there was plants from that breeder involved while other plants sitting in the same tent with them never contracted it.
I took no clones Neiko. And the ghost train haze 3 feet from the tent containing the sour diesel & blueberry is fine. And in same room, I have 8 Durban poison, 3 week old seedlings, in another 4x4 tent, about 6 feet away, and they're fine also. Got to start my mainline soon, but I like them to have about 7 nodes before topping. By the way those SD&BB aren't showing any new PM. I can still see a little, but It's now growing. I'm going to hit them again with the NorCal 86, then maybe a baking soda foliar before harvest. Then hit them with a peroxide bath, when washing. Were smoking OP till harvest, and that's 3 weeks away. 1st. time we've been completely out of weed, since 2005. Builds character:passitleft::surf:

Ok guys, I got issues, with the ghost train haze. The sucked the two cat drenches right up in 4 days intervals, but the water & tea drench, pots are still heavy after 4 days. And leaves are turning lime color. Gave them a foliar with brix today. Anyone ever have this happen ?

Neiko, so in 5 gl. bucket, you're saying to use 1 gl of peroxide and 4 gl water ? Now I got to figure out how much 34% peroxide will make one gl. of the 3% stuff ?? Does 13 ozs sound close enough ? Hope all is well ?
That will work, you can also do 3 gallons of water to 1 gallon of peroxide. Either will do the trick, just submerge them for about a minute and slightly agitate the flower. If you can just spin the branch in the bucket. I use those bus boy bins to wash so I just hold them under the water and agitate them. You can see bubbles in the flower while doing this.

Back
Top Bottom