Smokey's Mystery Bud - First CFL/Soil Grow 2010

Glad you had a good time Tmac!! And no, I'm not from Worcester. South eastern Mass is where I grew up. But more importantly, I did not exist in the 70's. Haha I just turned 25. And Suicidal Tendencies is an 80's hardcore punk band. I've heard they put on a good show! But then again I do enjoy a lot of heavy metal! :theband: :rocker:

Thanks for you're continued support BlueDog! I did not take a pic of the roots, but I still have the plant, so I'll check when I get home. I'll wash them off with water so we can get a better look. I also have something else in the works on the side. If all works out I will post more about it.

25! Sheesh you'd be my youngest kid lol!

I'm enjoying your grow and your journal. I'm guessing you're either getting or taking some clones?

:peace:

25! Sheesh you'd be my youngest kid lol!

I'm enjoying your grow and your journal. I'm guessing you're either getting or taking some clones?

I wish I was taking clones! I will be venturing with clones in my next grow I think. I don't want to take any now, because I have noticed clones from flowering plants have more tendency to shoot bananas all over. I didn't want to reveal it because they will probably all fail, but hey who cares. I am taking the rest of my feminized God Bud seeds and going to try and germinate all of them. I'm hoping I can get 1 or 2 that will actually survive. If I do, then I will start a new journal. But, this also means I have to set up a small veg area. I was thinking since I will be done with these girls soon I want to have another set ready to drop into flowering. That bud was a great smoke so I really want them to grow!

Another nice little story about a good friend of this site, Nirvana seeds. I recently set up an account with them and was looking around their site. Well, I guess I somehow placed an order for some seeds, but I never entered any credit card info. So they e-mail me asking for payment. I politely replied telling them it was a misunderstanding and that I couldn't afford seeds at the time. Well, they respond this morning telling me no problem and the order has been canceled. But, that they will be sending me "a little present anyhow." NICE! I don't know what it will be but that was a really nice thing of them to do! I will definitely order from them when I get the chance!

Now here I am rambling on ... Take it easy Blue!

The guy from ST was Mike Clark, super nice guy. Never would have thought he was in a heavy metal band. Coming back from our show, we saw lots leaving there show. I asked how was the show, everyone seemed to have loved it, said it was great!

My daughters are much older than you~~ :grinjoint: Nothing wrong with being younger, would not mind looking younger...but dont really want to go back and do things over. I guess I am saying I like where I am now! :)

VERY cool about Nirvana Seed.

The guy from ST was Mike Clark, super nice guy. Never would have thought he was in a heavy metal band. Coming back from our show, we saw lots leaving there show. I asked how was the show, everyone seemed to have loved it, said it was great!

My daughters are much older than you~~ :grinjoint: Nothing wrong with being younger, would not mind looking younger...but dont really want to go back and do things over. I guess I am saying I like where I am now! :)

VERY cool about Nirvana Seed.

Yea Tmac, I'm a youngin! I like to think I have a bit more wits about me than most my age though. Been with my wife for almost 6 years, married for almost 2, and have a 6 month old baby girl. Life can make you grow up quick!

And I couldn't believe it when I read Nirvana's e-mail! Great people they have over there. I will definitely be recommending them a lot more now!

Another nice little story about a good friend of this site, Nirvana seeds. I recently set up an account with them and was looking around their site. Well, I guess I somehow placed an order for some seeds, but I never entered any credit card info. So they e-mail me asking for payment. I politely replied telling them it was a misunderstanding and that I couldn't afford seeds at the time. Well, they respond this morning telling me no problem and the order has been canceled. But, that they will be sending me "a little present anyhow." NICE! I don't know what it will be but that was a really nice thing of them to do! I will definitely order from them when I get the chance!

Now here I am rambling on ... Take it easy Blue!

Nirvana seeds have been great for me - at least 10 orders over the past 6 mos and no problems. BTW, nice LST work!

:bravo:

They're probably wondering why they've had about a hundred cancelled orders in the last 24 hrs :)

Yea I had thought about that. But I figure not too many people around here would try to take advantage. Just wanted to spread the word of a sponsors great customer service!

I didn't get a chance to take any pics last night. Bruin's are on 4 nights this week, so it's tough for me to get in there. I love my babies, but I love hockey too! And I took a peek, they are doing just fine on their own!

I will be snapping some photos tonight though. MB2 is shooting pistils out all over now, while MB1 is still waiting to give me a sign. Today is 2 weeks flowering, so I will be switching out 4 of my 6500K CFL's for 2700K. Time to ramp this flowering up! The ladies will most likely be getting plain PH'd water tonight as well.

Be sure to check back for the photos! :ganjamon:

Nirvana seeds have been great for me - at least 10 orders over the past 6 mos and no problems. BTW, nice LST work!

:bravo:

Hey Pop Kulture, thanks for stopping in my grow, and thanks for the kind words! Don't be afraid to stop in and check on the progress every now and then.

Be easy brother. :welcome:

Hey Smokey! My last grow went forever, I finally chopped at 16 weeks due to rot. However I am suspicious of all 2700 lighting (which is pretty much what I had, with some 6500's in the distance), so I'm going to keep at least 1 6500 prominently on all the girls this grow. If nothing else I'll be able to see if the buds getting more 6500 light finish better. Just one more thing to worry about lol!

Hey Smokey! My last grow went forever, I finally chopped at 16 weeks due to rot. However I am suspicious of all 2700 lighting (which is pretty much what I had, with some 6500's in the distance), so I'm going to keep at least 1 6500 prominently on all the girls this grow. If nothing else I'll be able to see if the buds getting more 6500 light finish better. Just one more thing to worry about lol!

I'm with ya on the single spectrum lighting Blue. Not overly convinced that it is better than mixed spectrum. Which is why I will be switching only my CFL's to 2700K, and leaving my T5 bulbs at 6500K. This way I have 9600 lumens of 2700K lighting, and 4000 lumens of 6500K. I have seen a few places where people believe the mixed spectrum reduces stretch as well. I also kept the veg lighting in for the first 2 weeks of flower to try and keep the stretch to a minimum. All bud production here!! :grinjoint:

Thanks Growheart! And this is a bummer because none of my God Bud seeds were viable, they were 4 years old. And not only are these babies not God Bud, but MB3 has been confirmed as a male. :rip: to say the least.

Bummer! Never had God Bud - number of threads on 420mag speak highly of it. What about GB do you find appealing?

I am testing out a number of strains to see what is really suitable to tent growing. It's clear to me that I need to learn how to LST and pick the right strain. Growing in a tent is like having sex in a sleeping bag - liable to blow out the seams before ya finish, but its still good!

:)

Hey people! Time for the update at 2 weeks flowering. Plants are looking lovely. MB2 is keeping a nice even canopy and not really stretching too much. MB1 is growing nicely, but still can't make any determination on sex. Take a look!

MB2

20101116212221.jpg

Buds starting to form.

20101116212242.jpg

20101116212258.jpg

From the top.

20101116212927.jpg

And MB1, still truckin along.

20101116212721.jpg

20101116212754.jpg

That's it for now. Take it easy!

Bummer! Never had God Bud - number of threads on 420mag speak highly of it. What about GB do you find appealing?

I am testing out a number of strains to see what is really suitable to tent growing. It's clear to me that I need to learn how to LST and pick the right strain. Growing in a tent is like having sex in a sleeping bag - liable to blow out the seams before ya finish, but its still good!

:)

The God Bud was just amazing to me. It had such an extremely pungent skunk smell to it. The smoke was really smooth and tasted great. I miss it! But I am attempting to germ the rest of the seeds I had as we speak, so hopefully I can salvage at least one good plant!

looks like a pistil or two from here, wait a sec..... ah crap, it was a cat hair:)
j/k brother! Seriously though, I swear I see pistils on the last pic

:rofl: I'll get a better pic tonight so you can see what I see. I spent about 10 minutes checking every node last night. She's a slacker for sure, but she was stunted for about 2-3 weeks at the beginning. So keep sending the vibes! :grinjoint:

Looks like 7 future colas on MB2, sweet!

MB1 is slacking, 2 weeks should be showing, hopefully any day.

Plants look great Smokey!

Actually Blue, I think I count 8 :) And you're right about MB1, but I'm not stressing it. Learned a lot about soil this grow, and at the beginning I thought it was a PITA, but really it's not so bad. Once the gnats disappeared I haven't had to really do anything but water and feed. So I'll be putting this info towards my next grow with some known genetics. And hopefully produce some killer smoke!

Thanks again pal! :peace:

just catching up with things, your plants are looking grate .Had a guy from my hydro store try and enplane to me why the mix of 2700k and 6500k bulbs kept the node spacing so tight but it went oner my head mostly...lol...should not have smoked on the way to the store.

I'm with ya on that man! The fact that it seems to be working is enough information for me. Maybe someday I'll look into the scientifics of it, but for now it works so that's what counts.

And I always smoke on the way to the store too. :grinjoint: Then I will find myself in there for an hour reading labels! Good thing the guys at my store are really cool. Cash only type of place, just how I like it.

Thanks for stopping through! :peace:

Hey people! Got some bad news ... MB1 has been axed as well. :rip:

Got in there with the magnifying glass today and was very disappointed to hack down yet another plant. But hey, at least the journal isn't a total loss. We still have MB2, and shes looking lovely.

I do have my last 7 God Bud seeds soaking in PH'd water right now. I also shined a <5mW laser onto each seed for 30 seconds. I saw this in a thread, and the scientific evidence behind it was really promising, so I figured why not give it a shot? The worst that will happen is they won't germ, which they may not anyway since they are 4 years old. I also added Superthrive to the PH'd water at 1 drop to a cup. Figured anything i can do to help!

So, if all goes well with any of those seeds I will start a separate journal for them. :wood:

And if those don't do anything for me, I'm going to order some seeds and get to some serious business!! Well, hope everyone sticks around to see how MB2 turns out!

Back
Top Bottom