Smokey's Mystery Bud - First CFL/Soil Grow 2010

Looks great Smokey! You'll be seeing balls or buds any day now :)

Thanks Blue. I'm praying for pistils!! I just can't wait to see this all turn into nugs. This is my first grow where I feel I really stepped it up as far as learning to control the plants. I can't wait to see where I go from here! My next journals should be interesting. I don't think I utilized even half of my available height yet. Once I dial everything in, add a few more gadgets, I expect I'll be putting out some serious yields!!

Can you tell I just smoked?? I'm a ramblin man right now. :bong:

Thanks Blue. I'm praying for pistils!! I just can't wait to see this all turn into nugs. This is my first grow where I feel I really stepped it up as far as learning to control the plants. I can't wait to see where I go from here! My next journals should be interesting. I don't think I utilized even half of my available height yet. Once I dial everything in, add a few more gadgets, I expect I'll be putting out some serious yields!!

Can you tell I just smoked?? I'm a ramblin man right now. :bong:

Getting buzzed and talking about your grow.... what could be better than that??? :roorrip:

I've learned a bunch every grow. In my first grow when leaves were in trouble I had no idea what to do. Were they lacking nutes? Was their soil locked up? Did I need to flush? Was I watering too little/too much?

Now I can recognize and treat nitrogen and cal/mag deficiencies.... at least in hempy.

The other thing I'm really trying to watch is the environment. I had mold problems in my earlier grows and cures. Moderate temps and humidity are a must for me now. I'm never going to screw around with 90+/80+ temps and rh again.

And I've learned about water, light, roots, plants, nutes, bugs, etc etc.

Between that and experience your grows have to get better.

My plants lost so many leaves in my last grow, sometimes 10 or 20 in a day. I'd jostle them and leaves would fall off. Now I'm seriously wondering if the AK48 will not lose a leaf all grow. And I'm convinced that Doc is right... big healthy plants will produce big healthy buds. The limiting factor will be the lighting.

Sorry I'm rambling too :) Later bud.

By the way the leaf pattern looks on the new growth, you should be seeing signs of sex very soon. I'm still waiting on a Super Silver Haze to show me but it just keeps on stretching. Heck its been almost 2 weeks now and starting to drive me nuts. Looking good though bro!!!

Getting buzzed and talking about your grow.... what could be better than that??? :roorrip:

I've learned a bunch every grow. In my first grow when leaves were in trouble I had no idea what to do. Were they lacking nutes? Was their soil locked up? Did I need to flush? Was I watering too little/too much?

Now I can recognize and treat nitrogen and cal/mag deficiencies.... at least in hempy.

The other thing I'm really trying to watch is the environment. I had mold problems in my earlier grows and cures. Moderate temps and humidity are a must for me now. I'm never going to screw around with 90+/80+ temps and rh again.

And I've learned about water, light, roots, plants, nutes, bugs, etc etc.

Between that and experience your grows have to get better.

My plants lost so many leaves in my last grow, sometimes 10 or 20 in a day. I'd jostle them and leaves would fall off. Now I'm seriously wondering if the AK48 will not lose a leaf all grow. And I'm convinced that Doc is right... big healthy plants will produce big healthy buds. The limiting factor will be the lighting.

Sorry I'm rambling too :) Later bud.

Don't ever worry about rambling here. All is welcome!! And it really is insane the amount of knowledge one can procure in such a small amount of time. You basically need this forum and one grow. With those 2 things together, after one grow, you should have enough knowledge to really put out some spectacular product.

Take it easy Blue! :thanks:

By the way the leaf pattern looks on the new growth, you should be seeing signs of sex very soon. I'm still waiting on a Super Silver Haze to show me but it just keeps on stretching. Heck its been almost 2 weeks now and starting to drive me nuts. Looking good though bro!!!

Thanks herbs! I really think MB3 will be showing at any moment. MB1 was a little premature from the growth stunt at the beginning so who knows what she will do. Thanks for stopping by bro!

got my fingers crossd you deserve some girls bruh. :popcorn:

Thanks for the good vibes buddy! :grinjoint:

smokey i been through your thread and i plan to use ffof with the gh flora trio can you link your feeding schedule ? I looked at their site but only have a soil chart for their bio organics. I am switching from rdwc to hempy with 50%ffof/perlite and i ve tried and burned them and have been at 1/4 strength and still think its much just was wondering what ur using :)

smokey i been through your thread and i plan to use ffof with the gh flora trio can you link your feeding schedule ? I looked at their site but only have a soil chart for their bio organics. I am switching from rdwc to hempy with 50%ffof/perlite and i ve tried and burned them and have been at 1/4 strength and still think its much just was wondering what ur using :)

Yea man, I will definitely post that feeding schedule up here later. It's not from the GH website. Another grower I found on the internet formulated this schedule himself. Been following it exactly, and have experienced no burn at all, so it seems pretty legit. I don't have it with me right now, but check back later, I will type it up on here for everyone.

Thanks for stopping in!

As for the ladies, checked 'em again yesterday and still only one positive female. MB3 is still just showing calyx development. I took a close look yesterday to make sure none of the calyx were forming stems, and there were none that I can see. So there is still hope!! And MB1 still isn't showing anything, but she was stunted so who knows what the deal is with her.

Other than sexing, they all look really healthy and I couldn't be happier. Stay tuned in!

Well I was looking to inbreed my Mr.Nice with it self,to get some seed's for storage and some to give away,but as luck would have it I wound up with 4 females.So i will be cloneing them till I find a mate.

Your plants look grate and I hope mine look as good under the LST growing method.You keep up the good work and you are sure to have many females...peace

Well I was looking to inbreed my Mr.Nice with it self,to get some seed's for storage and some to give away,but as luck would have it I wound up with 4 females.So i will be cloneing them till I find a mate.

Your plants look grate and I hope mine look as good under the LST growing method.You keep up the good work and you are sure to have many females...peace

Thanks Dain! I hope so as well. Good luck with the cloning!

what sort of signs should I be looking for when it comes to salt build-up in the soil?

Just look at the leaves. If they are exhibiting signs of nutrient deficiencies, then you may have salt buildups which are causing the nutes to be locked out. If the plant can't take up the nutes, you will notice changes quickly. Yellowing leaves, leaves with brown spots, wilting leaves can all be signs of deficiencies. Also, if you can test the runoff with a TDS meter, it will have a very high PPM if you have a buildup in your soil.

You can prevent buildup issues by watering with plain PH'd water in between every feeding, to flush out any unused nutes.

That is as much as I know. But someone may chime in if they have more information.

Hey smokey sending you positive pistil vibes from BC, in hopes that your BC God bud is female and delivers you the goods! My next bong rip is dedicated to good female genetics for you!

:bongrip:
:peace:

Hey smokey sending you positive pistil vibes from BC, in hopes that your BC God bud is female and delivers you the goods! My next bong rip is dedicated to good female genetics for you!

:bongrip:
:peace:

Thanks Growheart! And this is a bummer because none of my God Bud seeds were viable, they were 4 years old. And not only are these babies not God Bud, but MB3 has been confirmed as a male. :rip: to say the least.

I did not let his life go to waste. I wanted to inspect how the root system was doing and wow. I grabbed the base of the main stem and all of the soil pulled out of the pot in one piece! After shaking out all the excess dirt, I was able to see a beautifully healthy root system! So I guess I'm doing something right!

Well, no more regular seeds for me from now on. Will be going with a couple Barney's feminized strains next go around. They are very reputable and their strains seem to be among the best.

This sucks, but I am now down to MB1 and MB2. MB2 is looking great! More and more pistils everyday. MB1 still hasn't shown any signs of anything. Hope everyone enjoys their evening!

Looking very good! We are back, safe and sore! 3 hours of dancing Saturday nite like we used to is not easy on the body!. The show was great, the stay to short! Are you from the worcester area? If so we might know each other from the 70"s. Hubby worked at Norton till 1977 when we moved.

The hotel we stayed at was across the street from the DCU. Had a fire alarm go off at 6:30 Sat night, had to evacuate the hotel, we took our tickets just in case the it burned down we could still get into our show!! Met a guy out front while we were bullshitting about the fire alarm. Come to find out he is in a group called "suicidal tendencies" and they were playing at the paladium. He invited us all, said he would leave our names at the door and get in free. We thanked him and said we had other plans. Walking by the paladium it was a zoo of younger peeps, dressed in black and with metal rings and things fastened to every part of them! Figured we probably would not have fit in anyway!! Had a great time!

Wow Tmac I'm worn out just reading about your trip lol. Glad you had a great time!

Smokey bummer about MB3, did you take a pic of the roots? I'd love to see them.

Now we have to hope MB1 has the goods for you too. Fingers crossed.

Glad you had a good time Tmac!! And no, I'm not from Worcester. South eastern Mass is where I grew up. But more importantly, I did not exist in the 70's. Haha I just turned 25. And Suicidal Tendencies is an 80's hardcore punk band. I've heard they put on a good show! But then again I do enjoy a lot of heavy metal! :theband: :rocker:

Thanks for you're continued support BlueDog! I did not take a pic of the roots, but I still have the plant, so I'll check when I get home. I'll wash them off with water so we can get a better look. I also have something else in the works on the side. If all works out I will post more about it.

Back
Top Bottom