Smokey's Mystery Bud - First CFL/Soil Grow 2010

Great job with the LST Smokey! It's so cool how fast they turn back to the light and the new growth spurts up. When I had my girls outside in the midday sun they'd be turned back to it within an hour.

Yea, you ain't kiddin! I went and checked on them just after midnight last night, and all the tops were pointing right back to the sky. It's just crazy the manipulation you can put these girls through, and instead of hurting you, it helps you! I also noticed that once I sat down with them to start tying, it was very easy for me to lay out where I wanted each branch to be. I really can't wait to flip the switch and see these girls turn into monsters!!

Hey everyone! Pictures will be coming tonight. I tightened down the strings yesterday on MB2 and MB3. Probably going to have to LST a couple more branches today. Really trying to utilize every viable branch. Will most likely be watering today as well. The plants seemed to have reacted to the nutes well. No yellowing whatsoever.

Can't wait to flip the switch on these girls. Thinking probably sometime this week. I want to harvest in early January, so it will definitely have to be soon. So hopefully we will be seeing some really nice bushes in the near future!

Have a good Monday!! :tokin:

Thanks 52! Yea, I have already forgotten about ol' MC1. I do h ave a bunch of those seeds, so I may try her again sometime down the road.

And with the LST, I have found that I have to be in there daily to tighten/add strings. But it is definitely worth it. It's nice though, because unlike growing without LST, I have something to do everyday that won't hurt my girls. So instead of sitting around waiting for something to happen, I get to tinker with them! I would say LST is good for someone who wants to show their ladies love, without killing them!

And with the LST, I have found that I have to be in there daily to tighten/add strings. But it is definitely worth it. It's nice though, because unlike growing without LST, I have something to do everyday that won't hurt my girls. So instead of sitting around waiting for something to happen, I get to tinker with them! I would say LST is good for someone who wants to show their ladies love, without killing them!

I also like to get my hands on my plants and the LST style of pruning/training is a much better way of getting a plant to put of more cola's with out damaging important growth tips as well as to get more light to parts of the plant:morenutes:

Dain, we are in complete agreement there. I added some ties and tightened ties last night on all the girls. They are all looking gorgeous. MB3 has 11 visible tops, and MB2 has 8. MB1 is just showing the first signs of branch development.

Now for the big news. Switched the girls to 12/12 this morning. Lights go off at 6am, so I just changed the on time to 6pm. I want to get the ball rolling on these ladies, and it's my birthday today so I figured why not!

Sorry about not getting pics up last night. Had unexpected company. They did need watered as well, but will get to all that tonight. Check back later to check out my lovely's!

Well now HAPPY BIRTHDAY mine was YESTERDAY no shit this bongs for you 43 here how about you

Well happy belated to you man! Scorpio's unite! haha

I'm just a young buck here. Just hittin the quarter century mark.

:bong::happy-birthday: I read your whole journal and get to the end to find it is your birthday! :bong::happy-birthday:

I'm the one who got the present. DIY and small spaces is my kind of fun.

:popcorn:

Just wanted to pop in and thank you for a great thread Smokey! I just started my first attempt and have found a lot of useful info here :thumb: I do have a question? Have you had any splitting problem yet with the LST yet? in one of your pic I saw that you had the branches pulled apart ( like a wishbone ) and read that if possibly try to avoid this to prevent splitting.Try to work it in away to avoid this directional pressures. Have you felt any risk to a split?:goodjob:

Just wanted to pop in and thank you for a great thread Smokey! I just started my first attempt and have found a lot of useful info here :thumb: I do have a question? Have you had any splitting problem yet with the LST yet? in one of your pic I saw that you had the branches pulled apart ( like a wishbone ) and read that if possibly try to avoid this to prevent splitting.Try to work it in away to avoid this directional pressures. Have you felt any risk to a split?:goodjob:

Hey Believer, thanks for the kind words and welcome! As for your question, I have not even thought about splitting. I am very gentle when I add ties, and when I first add one I only pull it down slightly. I will then return the next day and tighten that string up a little more. I'm sure as long as I don't go doing anything drastic, I won't have any splits. Plus, these girls seem to be nice and bendy because I started LST very early and I don't have fans pointing directly at them. As the branches grow upward, I will start blowing the fan at them more so those stems get nice and strong to support buds.

If you have any other questions, just toss 'em out here, and I'll do my best to answer!

Sorry I am not keeping up my end of the bargain guys and gals. I really wanted to get some pics up here last night. But, with my birthday, my parents came to visit so I was too busy. Not so bad for me, as I was presented with Bruins tickets for the 13th! :woohoo:

Did take a look though, and they look lovely! Nothing going on tonight, so I will definitely get something up here. I have to water today as well. Have a good day everyone!!

Alright guys, here's the update I've been promising. It's the 2nd day of flowering. Gave the ladies a nice watering tonight. 1 gallon with 1Tbs of molasses and 5 drops of SuperThrive, split between the 3. They are all doing great!! Check 'em out!

Here is MB1. Starting to show growth at the upper set of nodes. She looks thirsty here, but I just watered her so don't worry!

20101103190718.jpg

20101103190727.jpg

Next up, MB2.

20101103190346.jpg

20101103190403.jpg

20101103190419.jpg

And MB3. She's lookin soooo fine!

20101103185435.jpg

20101103185456.jpg

20101103185507.jpg

Group photo.

20101103190814.jpg