Sn34kySn4k3's First Grow Journal

Sn34kySn4k3

420 Member
Hi everyone,

I enter into these forums as an experienced Upstate NY outdoor gardener, but a novice 420 grower. This is my second summer and third plant I have attempted to grow.

My first two plants were males. This current plant is a female (thank goodness). This was a last minute planting decision in April when my other plant started to sprout. I had a feeling I might end up with a male plant again so I started another plant (again, thank goodness). That male plant has been long dispose of. I did keep some of its pollen though and freeze (side note).

This is a sativa strain. I am not of it’s official name. It’s seed came to me posthumous.

She is being grown partially inside with blue and red lights and outside on sunny days. Upstate New York can have unpredictable weather. We have had a rather dry season so I water almost daily now. She is watered with either Reverse osmosis purified water or rain. The soil is mostly taken from my yard. FYI- I compose.

I did some low stress and high stress training when she was young. For the most part, I feel like I should leave her be. I will include some photos.

That being said, I am pretty sure she is entering pre-flowering stage. Any recommendations for this upcoming flowering stage is appreciated.
0A7B9E30-35A0-458A-870F-B09117479FA4.jpeg

1B55AFCD-62E6-49B7-AB22-7B1B84C62E75.jpeg

Natures Cure, organic and natural pellets are what I have been using.
NPK: 7 6 9
I went with a broad spectrum of nutrients in general. My backyard soil naturally appears to be rather nitrogen rich as well.

To be honest I never really knew how to properly feed until looking into it recently.

And sure, hello. ☺️

So it was very rainy and cloudy in upstate NY yesterday. So I decided to bring her inside for some artificial light. Well in the process, I had a Casualty (demonstrated in pictures). My lowest biggest branch snapped off. I caught it on my Aloe Plant. 😞

D78A57EB-CFC1-469D-8C67-98AEE79555CC.jpeg
Is there anyway to save or clone this broken off branch or is it too late in her life cycle?

So it was very rainy and cloudy in upstate NY yesterday. So I decided to bring her inside for some artificial light. Well in the process, I had a Casualty (demonstrated in pictures). My lowest biggest branch snapped off. I caught it on my Aloe Plant. 😞

Is there anyway to save or clone this broken off branch or is it too late in her life cycle?
Yes u can clone.it I use coco core to clone with cut u a top about 6-8 inch's long cut the end at 45,dsgree angle dip her in root tone push her deep into a soil.mix.or.coco.if.u have it .folor feed using spray bottle super thrive works great for a folor feed .keep her under a light. 24/7 until u see new growth comeing out looks like u could get 2 clones out that

Normally when you break a branch off, all you have to do is tape it back in place and in a couple of days it will mend.
This should be done right away.

Does that branch have roots on it?
Yup was gonna say the same thing but from the looks it's already in a glass.....so no longer tape-able....or is it :hmmmm:

I was going to tape it but no tape was readily available and the branch was starting to rip down the stalk. Snippers were the closest and my immediate institution. 🤷‍♀️

Update- she is stretching so tall and beautiful today.
C22CF763-C05F-4B70-B372-46F57B3D57CC.jpeg

I noticed her soil was rather hard and dull looking so I put some fresh nutrient rich soil I have made on top and gave her a liter of purified water.

The spot where the limb snapped off the other day is healing nicely. My branch is still available in a vase of water as well. I have kept it under light constantly as someone mentioned I should above. It’s doing well too.
B31C29A9-AFB5-4117-8098-7734F91D8B04.jpeg

I bought some clonex gel and coco coir on Amazon. It should be here by Sunday. I think she might make it!

Update- she is stretching so tall and beautiful today.
C22CF763-C05F-4B70-B372-46F57B3D57CC.jpeg

I noticed her soil was rather hard and dull looking so I put some fresh nutrient rich soil I have made on top and gave her a liter of purified water.

The spot where the limb snapped off the other day is healing nicely. My branch is still available in a vase of water as well. I have kept it under light constantly as someone mentioned I should above. It’s doing well too.
B31C29A9-AFB5-4117-8098-7734F91D8B04.jpeg

I bought some clonex gel and coco coir on Amazon. It should be here by Sunday. I think she might make it!
She will.be OK until u get supply's 😊

Good morning everyone!
That extra water and nutrient soil made a difference overnight. I can’t believe how fuller she got just in one night.
Look!!!
9D835E34-801A-488D-8950-A94709E1A69B.jpeg

How much longer does she have probably until I start to flush?

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom