Snax First Poor Man's Grow Journal 2015 - I'm A Novice & All Help Is Welcome

Snax818

First off I guess I will start by telling you a little about me and why I'm starting to grow. I live in the UK and I'm a Carer for my Partner / Girlfriend who suffers from a lot of pain and anxiety disorder, for many different reasons. She has suffered from this for the last 10 years and her only relief from this is smoking Cannabis. She has been smoking Cannabis for 2 years now after taken 12 medication tablets a day for the last 9 or 10 years failed to help her manage her pain.

My Poor Mans Grow Details.

It's an indoor grow.
Greenhouse setup.
Grow Lights will be CFL's.
Lights are on 18/6 schedule.
Paper towel germination.
Germinated Seed placed in a small rockwool cube till seedling popped.
Once Rooted, Seedling in rockwool placed in small pot with soil.
A Heat Tray is being used because temperature are so low in the UK.

Information About The Cannabis Seed.

Starting off with 1 seed at first just to see how it goes.

I have chosen to start with a Skunk Autoflower I bought from Speed Seeds, a good reputable seller.

Cannabis Seeds Information
A robust strain and very productive. With abundant light and a good substrate, this strain can produce great yields very quickly. The effect is very balanced; relaxing and averagely psychoactive.

Strain: Automatic hybrid Low Ryder #2 x Skunk#1
Genetics: Mainly indica
Effect: Relaxing; very medicinal
Height: 50 - 120 cm
Harvest: 60/70 days
Production: 400-450gr m2 indoor/ 60/70 g/plant outdoor
Taste: skunk
THC: 18%

Thanks for taken the time to read my story and all the help I can get will be welcomed because I already feel overwhelmed by what you need to know even before you start growing.

Day_150.jpg

re: Snax First Poor Man's Grow Journal 2015 - I'm A Novice & All Help Will Be Welcomed!

:popcorn:

re: Snax First Poor Man's Grow Journal 2015 - I'm A Novice & All Help Will Be Welcomed!

Subbed. :surf:

Best thing you could do, Snax, is start this journal. This community saved my girls half a dozen times last year. Nice intro - I can tell from your thoroughness and openness that you're going to be just fine. And...BAR's here!
:goodjob::high-five:

Welcome. You've found the right place for help. All you have to do is ask. So much experience here and freely shared info. I too am growing autos and not too far off from harvest. Take a look at my journal if you'd like and ask anything you need help with. I'll help where I can, as will so many others. Below are a couple of charts that might come in handy. Good luck with your grow.

She looks splendid Snax.

Tip: try not to leave water droplets on her as they work like a magnifying glass with the CFLs and can cause burn spots.

Looking good, Snax. What soil are you using? Just remember - no nutes for the first few weeks at least (those cotyledon leaves have all she needs) and water only when dry - you'll get the feel from the weight of the pot. I speak from bitter experience. :rofl:

Thanks Mr Teddy. I am getting some nutes tomorrow but will hold off from using them till its a few weeks old. The soil is some i got from a friend that uses it for his own personal closet grow. I have know idea whats in it but he has had no problems with it he said so hope its ok.

Soil24.jpg

Well, if you've got a chum who uses that soil successfully then you should be fine. I see you've mixed in plenty of perlite which is great - they need a well-drained soil. The roots like plenty of oxygen. If you look at my journal you'll see I'm using airpots which are fantastic. Having said that, you should see the magic BAR weaves with soda bottles. :laugh:
:cheer:

You're a Grower after my own heart Snax! That's a gorgeous DIY set up. Not sure if you know it yet but BAR stands for Broke Azz Reg.

.....or Broke Arse Reg as we English say it.

Yep, very nice space. Well done. You've done all the hard ground-work.

I've looked into getting my own soil from things i have read on the internet but here in the UK there isn't a real good option of different soils. so wasn't sure where to start. I have seen the plants my friend grows and although they are not the prettiest looking ladies they do grow.
I have never seen pots like those but they look like they are working great for your Girls. i think once i get the hang of things and i start getting more confident with it all, then will try and put some money into it and really try to get the results I see on yours and other 420 members pic's. I didn't want to pour alot of money into something that mite of been an expensive failure i guess.

Thanks. I just used what i had with just a little money put into it. Some of the set up i had already even before i decided to grow the lady. I have Grown for a few years with my 7 and 3 year old daughters in that greenhouse but with fruit, but fruit is a little different from 420 ladies. so modified the green house and added a few things.

G'day snax

positive vibes on your girlfriends health

subbed

Take your time Snax. I started about a year and a half ago on a $20 a month grow budget & still pretty much stick to it. Though I had a lot of help from some of the greatest members in the world I try to pay it forward when I go a month or few without needing anything.
You might want to give a "How to" or a "How I did it" Post on your DIY tent because I have a feeling you're going to have a few members dropping in to check it out. I for one am really impressed.

Back
Top Bottom