Snax First Poor Man's Grow Journal 2015 - I'm A Novice & All Help Is Welcome

re: Snax First Poor Man's Grow Journal 2015 - I'm A Novice & All Help Will Be Welcomed!

How is the baby looking today Snax?

re: Snax First Poor Man's Grow Journal 2015 - I'm A Novice & All Help Will Be Welcomed!

How is the baby looking today Snax?
Hey BAR. Sadly I have neglected my little lady today, I had a lot of running around to do back and forward to hospital appointments. Going to post up a new update and a few pic's in just a few min's.

Day 4 for the little lady
Just been to see her after neglecting her all day and she was looking a little dry so gave her a drink and she should be ok. Her first true leaves are getting bigger and she stretched out a little but not to much. Glad I took SmokerJoe's advice to move her closer to the lights yesterday, Thanks SmokerJoe. Exactly the reason why i'm her for the advice.
I'm not to sure if it's to warm in the grow tent but the temp is up to 78/79f so will keep an eye on it.

Day417.jpg

Day4_1.jpg

Day4_21.jpg

Day4_3.jpg

Day4_4.jpg

Day4_5.jpg

completely awesome work snax, you make up for what you lack in money with dedication :) being closer to the lights should help. subbed, you make a kick ass ghetto grow room. My own grow room is admittedly very ghetto hahaha, except the lights.

Dang Joe, your neighbor sounds awful. For my 2 cents, is there any chance you're reading her wrong/just being paranoid? I've been known to be really paranoid about what people's intentions or thoughts are around me in the past, lately I've been doing better, and something that helps is keeping in mind people are a million times more likely to just be thinking selfishly about their own lives instead of about you/anything to do with you. Maybe she's just an eclectic nosy weirdo without ill intent to you, do you think that's a real chance?-sorry to play the devil's advocate. Hope you don't up and move and stop growing because of her, if she really is all after you as you suspect, WOW. freaking nuts... like someone said, the nerve of some people.. you have my sympathies. I wouldn't up and leave until I was 100% sure she wanted to get me arrested though personally - I've been known to psych myself out, but now my response to psyching myself out is basically shutting off and taking a few steps back and waiting, more often than not things are of no consequence, if that's any comfort. >.<

I've been meaning to ask you but Snax but was waiting to see if anyone else did first. What is that black thinga-ma-jig you have hanging next to the seedling?

Thanks for subbing SoilGirl. It looks like my ghetto tent is getting the job done and thats the main thing. I was on your current journal yesterday and loving it. Keeping it real. I will be keeping a good eye on it for sure. Subbed
completely awesome work snax, you make up for what you lack in money with dedication :) being closer to the lights should help. subbed, you make a kick ass ghetto grow room. My own grow room is admittedly very ghetto hahaha, except the lights.

Dang Joe, your neighbor sounds awful. For my 2 cents, is there any chance you're reading her wrong/just being paranoid? I've been known to be really paranoid about what people's intentions or thoughts are around me in the past, lately I've been doing better, and something that helps is keeping in mind people are a million times more likely to just be thinking selfishly about their own lives instead of about you/anything to do with you. Maybe she's just an eclectic nosy weirdo without ill intent to you, do you think that's a real chance?-sorry to play the devil's advocate. Hope you don't up and move and stop growing because of her, if she really is all after you as you suspect, WOW. freaking nuts... like someone said, the nerve of some people.. you have my sympathies. I wouldn't up and leave until I was 100% sure she wanted to get me arrested though personally - I've been known to psych myself out, but now my response to psyching myself out is basically shutting off and taking a few steps back and waiting, more often than not things are of no consequence, if that's any comfort. >.<

I've been meaning to ask you but Snax but was waiting to see if anyone else did first. What is that black thinga-ma-jig you have hanging next to the seedling?

Good evening BAR. It's the sensor probe line from my Thermometer Humidity Temperature Hygrometer thingy. i keep it close to her so i can tell exactly how hot and what the air is like right around her. thought it help me keep things right where they need to be. and the pic's do make it look closer than what it really is.

a very nice close up! I love when you can see those little healthy hairs on them. :love: these plants are beautiful for so much more than their buds. :)

Day 6, Almost a week old.
I figured I'd show you around the Dungeon / Grow Room since there isn't really to much going on insside the tent.
My Grow room is in the cellar of the house and a lot of people are going to say why just a grow tent with all that room but i'm not interested in growing a large amount, just what I need will do me. and it's not even for me.

So in the first few pic's is the entrance door and ladder to down stairs.
20150112_192926.jpg

Long way down.
20150112_193011.jpg

Down the ladder.
20150112_193030.jpg

20150112_193226.jpg

Bottom of the ladder.
20150112_193252.jpg

Hall way towards the Grow room.
20150112_193308.jpg

In the Ghetto Grow room
The space is about 15 foot by 23 foot. Cold and Damp.
20150112_193323.jpg

20150112_193340.jpg

20150112_193332.jpg

First pic's in the grow room is my Ghetto home made kitchen cupbored Cloning box/Seedling box and anything else i can use it for. It normally has the electric propagator trays in it to start all my seeds in it for my daughters fruit that they want to grow that i'm going to start in a few months with them. Works great for starting everything off before they go into the main tent.
20150112_193340.jpg

20150112_193549.jpg

20150112_193520.jpg

20150112_193529.jpg

Next few pic's are of the Ghetto grow tent inside and out.
Green_house1.jpg

20150112_193617.jpg

20150112_193432.jpg

20150112_193414.jpg

20150112_193423.jpg

Green_house_intake.jpg

20150112_193709.jpg

20150112_193704.jpg

20150112_193657.jpg

20150112_193726.jpg

20150112_193649.jpg

Hood_and_lights.jpg

Hood_Fan_and_Dehumid.jpg

Green_house_exhaust.jpg

Green_house_intake.jpg
20150112_193716.jpg

20150112_193726.jpg

20150112_193353.jpg

A few thing I use/used in the grow tent and for the plants.
20150112_194613.jpg

20150112_194629.jpg

20150112_194636.jpg

20150112_194936.jpg

CFL_grow_lights_-_30watt_6400k.jpg

Soil24.jpg

And lastly the little lady on Day 6
20150112_195111.jpg

20150112_195555.jpg
20150112_195035.jpg

That's about it ladies and gents. I'm sorry if my little guided tour of the dungeon has bored anyone but hope most of you didn't get to bored.

a very nice close up! I love when you can see those little healthy hairs on them. :love: these plants are beautiful for so much more than their buds. :)

Totally agree Soilgirl. I love watching thing grow and every time is so different no matter how hard you try to get it the same and i think that's a great way to learn.

Looking just hunky-dory, Snax. Remember...stay away from those nutes. :)
:cheer:

I was going to ask that in the next few days about when to start nutes but i know it's normally about in the second or third week. Thanks for helping Mr Teddy. i know there is trace nutes in the soil, so im hoping there not to strong for the seedling. Saying that my friend uses them for the same thing and he dose fine with it.

Oh my goodness Snax!!! I'd kill for a grow area like that. But you're 100% right; just because you have the space doesn't mean you have to go all out plus it would take a lot of dough to fill that room with lighting & all.
I personally don't add nutes during veg at all but my plants are in PJ's Organic Soil Mix. I'm sure someone who does will advise you though...

Your ghetto grow is so badass. So cool LOL. The cardboard reflectors, frame work, everything. I ought to give my own grow rooms a second look - you're inspiring - but I hate set ups lol. I'm sure I can make plenty of improvements, but a total overhaul/tent build I can't even fathom haha.

:amen: Reg! Let there be no nutes added. Lol. - yeah sorry I can't help with that either. Unless you're open to using no nutes. - I actually think your compost and perlite mix might do best without them, but of course being an organics nazi I would think that. Either way I really wouldn't add any nutes for veg if your soil mix is all compost and perlite, that's probably pretty rich ;)

Girl looking amazing! :love:

The little lady will let you know when she is hungry don't worry! Have to say no nutes as well! My soil isn't as enriched as the great growers roster you've lined up here, but I believe she's all good in there for sure till at least flowering begins.
When she will lack something will show up on the bottom leafs, but not always will require feeding, for example when she will begin streatching in flower she will kill off her bottom leafs. That will be normal. I personally feed really small quantities of high N food just so I can assist the baby durring that period.

Great guide! Loved it.

Oh my goodness Snax!!! I'd kill for a grow area like that. But you're 100% right; just because you have the space doesn't mean you have to go all out plus it would take a lot of dough to fill that room with lighting & all.
I personally don't add nutes during veg at all but my plants are in PJ's Organic Soil Mix. I'm sure someone who does will advise you though...

Thanks BAR. I'm not sure what to do about the nutes. i've been told to start nutes 2nd to 3rd week depending on when the second set of leaves come out but i was thinking about just leaving it even longer and see how it goes without. I got some nutes today from a friend of a friend. he said it was COCO A and B for veg and Boombastic for flower. i got them in plastic drink bottles with the name of them written on the bottle with a very brief explanation on how to us them if i decide to use them. so will need some advice if anyone knows about them!!!

Your ghetto grow is so badass. So cool LOL. The cardboard reflectors, frame work, everything. I ought to give my own grow rooms a second look - you're inspiring - but I hate set ups lol. I'm sure I can make plenty of improvements, but a total overhaul/tent build I can't even fathom haha.

:amen: Reg! Let there be no nutes added. Lol. - yeah sorry I can't help with that either. Unless you're open to using no nutes. - I actually think your compost and perlite mix might do best without them, but of course being an organics nazi I would think that. Either way I really wouldn't add any nutes for veg if your soil mix is all compost and perlite, that's probably pretty rich ;)

Thanks Soilgirl, i just used what i had but im a little like Macgyver and can make even the most useless thing useful.
I have never grown this before so im wondering what is the difference in amouts using nutes or not using nutes? dose it make it taste better or just give you more when using it?
I dont know what im going to do with these nutes yet but i have just sorted out a few things and in a few weeks i will hopefully have a few more ladies so mite do a little experimenting once i get them.
Thanks for the info and helping out though, need all i can get.

Girl looking amazing! :love:

The little lady will let you know when she is hungry don't worry! Have to say no nutes as well! My soil isn't as enriched as the great growers roster you've lined up here, but I believe she's all good in there for sure till at least flowering begins.
When she will lack something will show up on the bottom leafs, but not always will require feeding, for example when she will begin streatching in flower she will kill off her bottom leafs. That will be normal. I personally feed really small quantities of high N food just so I can assist the baby durring that period.

Great guide! Loved it.

Thanks DaTenshi, i think i can tell when shes hungry mostly by the weight of the pot and just checking the soil. i dont want to leave it to long to were she starts to get dehydrated but i dont want to over do it so this part of things is a big guess for me right now.
When your in flower, would you mind if i ask what nutes you use? and would you recommend anything different with it being an autoflower since i know you like your autos?

Back
Top Bottom