Snoop429 Super Awesome 420 Soilless - Big Bang Auto - Mars 900W - Virgin Grow

Its just a waiting came at this point. Ive been checking everyday to see how trichomes are changing but seems to be a little slow. I did notice some swelling on the main buds over the last week. It has been 10 days from when I started flushing with straight Ro water. Need to move it out of the tent for a decent picture so will wait till im ready to take it down. Should be soon. (fingers crossed)

Took a couple picks last night under the lights.
20150424_220605.jpg
20150424_220523.jpg

Guess I'm catching the back end of this journal. Girls are dripping mate :) Looking good!

I had some issues along the way but she is looking frosty and smells great. Should be cutting her down in the next few days. Cant wait to try it.

I will be starting a new journal soon after this one is gets finished up. I plan on drying in my flower tent. Temps will stay around 62F and will set humidity around 50%. Dry rack, snips and moisture packs will be here shortly. I plan on washing the buds before I hang them as well. Here are 2 pics form my vedg tent.

2 White Skunk and the seedling is AK-48 and the tomatoes are hogging up most of the space on the table for now.

20150426_202136.jpg

20150426_202059.jpg

Chop, Chop

So I finally got to cut her down today. It was about 73 days under 12/12. Defiantly took longer then I thought it would. I didnt ended up with a lot of amber trichomes. I didnt really notice that much difference during the last week or so. Not that many fan leaves left on it either. I would remove daily any lose ones and really feel this plant wasnt getting any better. That said it smells so good. Its alot stinkier then I thought. It looks nice and frosty. Cant wait to try it. I have it hanging in the tent and will stay there till it goes in the jars.

Im having issues getting my 2 main photo uploaded so I'll add those later.

Got them trimmed up and in the box to get them washed.
20150430_233902.jpg

I used the 3 bucket method. First had 1 cup of lemon juice and 1 cup Baking Soda. The next 2 were rinse buckets. First rinse was hot , 2nd was cold. Lemon water was average temp. Im very surprised how dirty they made the water.

20150501_003023.jpg

Finally, buds hanging on the line

20150501_004621.jpg

Ok two more. I was curious on how the roots would look and they filled the pot nicely. It was grown in a 3 gal.

20150501_005704.jpg
20150501_005719.jpg

Now I just need to get it dried nice and slow and hope it smokes well . :ganjamon:

I defiantly want to thank everyone who answered my questions and gave me some tips along the way. Especially KingJohnC lots of good info and im sure you help a lot of people and its appreciated.

Please don't take this as a negative but I'm somewhat stumped as to why you would dunk into hot water as it would loosen the oil from the bud and leave some of it in the water no? Obviously not large amounts but maybe I'm misunderstanding something?

Please don't take this as a negative but I'm somewhat stumped as to why you would dunk into hot water as it would loosen the oil from the bud and leave some of it in the water no? Obviously not large amounts but maybe I'm misunderstanding something?

This is my first harvest and first time I have ever bud washed so I cant really speak on my own experience for a final result being better or worse. If you search for Bud Washing you can see what I was reading. You have got me thinking more about the process and why would you use the hot water? Going from hot to cold its going to shock the buds. With vegetables it usually gives a brighter colour but starts/stops the cooking process. Not something thats needed with Buds. The temp started out at 120F. The end result was water I wouldnt want to drink. Im under the impression that the good (clean buds) would out way the negative (losing some of the oils) but I really dont know. Have you ever tried this and if so how is your process different?

This is my first harvest and first time I have ever bud washed so I cant really speak on my own experience for a final result being better or worse. If you search for Bud Washing you can see what I was reading. You have got me thinking more about the process and why would you use the hot water? Going from hot to cold its going to shock the buds. With vegetables it usually gives a brighter colour but starts/stops the cooking process. Not something thats needed with Buds. The temp started out at 120F. The end result was water I wouldnt want to drink. Im under the impression that the good (clean buds) would out way the negative (losing some of the oils) but I really dont know. Have you ever tried this and if so how is your process different?

The only time I've ever washed my bud is with the unexpected powdery mildew outbreak. Dunking in a solution of cool/room temp water and hydrogen peroxide removes all mildew off the surface of the plant material and becomes a film on top of the water. Other than that I never have washed my bud. I know guys that have and who share my genetics. Personally I have mixed feelings.One guy does with room temp and his end product is great the other two guys are polar opposites one does cold cold water and the other does warm warm. Either of their stuff I will pass on. Then again it's only because I have better to choose from. Still better than most dispensaries rubbish! I would be interested to see a liquid chromatography read out of before and after to see the levels of micro fungal or insect based material compared. Also I'd want to see the comparison of the Cannabinoid and Terpene compound levels. I might just have to test this out myself and get my stuff sent to the lab. You may have just inspired a new project for me. Cheers mate ;)

Buds seem to be drying nicely. Temps have been 65F and 45% RH. With this journal almost over I started a new one today. Im trying out Doc's Kit. Links at the bottom. :Rasta:

:ganjamon: Just finished trimming everything up. It was a good time. Defiantly happy with the results. 2.5 oz plus an Oz of popcorn and trim for butter. I have it in a few jars and will be checking on the them daily. Here are a couple pics. :Rasta:

Sample_21.jpg
20150504_215920.jpg
20150504_215735.jpg

Back
Top Bottom