SoilGuy's LED Indoor Soil Grow, Easy Ryder & Diesel Ryder

Looks good brotha. I'm using the same type of charcoal air filter, so hopefully it works well in flower. I took the glass off of my 180w, so consider that once it arrives. Hope those seeds are germ'n so you can get on your way. Subscribed!

Hey, thanks MJ. Glad to have you :hookah:

I've heard about removing the glass and getting better results. What do you think so far? Worth it? Also, how'd you remove the glass?

:roorrip:

Hey, just wanted to take a second to discuss the thought process/philosophy behind my grow setup.

I used to grow with HPS until my living situation changed. The space and heat were 2 obstacles I could not overcome at my new place.

The idea behind this grow was to test how viable a micro setup would be by using autoflower strains for space and LED's to help control the heat.

If the setup is viable, the next question will be what type of quality and yield can I obtain.

I am basically doing the same thing you are so I must say it is quite viable. This is the 1st time for me as well using an LED + grow tent. I have noticed that my LED raises the temps in the tent 10 degrees above where the intake is. It may be problematic, but the girls seem to be enjoying it thoroughly. Using an autoflower is a smart move when it comes to leds, because they use low electricity and are in general an easier setup. I have heard that autoflowers can finish up extremely fast which for you is probably great news.

Thus far I think you have a good tent setup and the auto's will do quite well. These GLH lights seem to make some of the frostiest buds! As far as I know I'd estimate between 14-28 grams per plant for your grow, but there are so many variables.

I removed the light using Mike's method. I took a razor blade and went around the outer lining of glue to loosen that initially. Next I took a spark plug (using the ceramic side) and bashed a hole into the glass. From there I was able to yank pieces of glass out of the glue. I highly recommend gloves, because I cut myself doing this, but all is healed now. Like Mike and Irish have said, it made the led's more crisp and a stronger footprint was seen. I'd recommend it because you may as well maximize the intensity of your investment.

Good to see so many led/soil grows, as soil is my favorite way to raise these plants. To every man his own. My seedlings haven't taken off yet, so I can't really tell you what to expect w/ the 180w, but look around the forums and you'll find some great stuff!

Hope this helps.

~Peace~

Hey, just wanted to take a second to discuss the thought process/philosophy behind my grow setup.

I used to grow with HPS until my living situation changed. The space and heat were 2 obstacles I could not overcome at my new place.

The idea behind this grow was to test how viable a micro setup would be by using autoflower strains for space and LED's to help control the heat.

If the setup is viable, the next question will be what type of quality and yield can I obtain.

Sounds like a good experiment :)

SG

I am basically doing the same thing you are so I must say it is quite viable. This is the 1st time for me as well using an LED + grow tent. I have noticed that my LED raises the temps in the tent 10 degrees above where the intake is. It may be problematic, but the girls seem to be enjoying it thoroughly. Using an autoflower is a smart move when it comes to leds, because they use low electricity and are in general an easier setup. I have heard that autoflowers can finish up extremely fast which for you is probably great news.

Thus far I think you have a good tent setup and the auto's will do quite well. These GLH lights seem to make some of the frostiest buds! As far as I know I'd estimate between 14-28 grams per plant for your grow, but there are so many variables.

I removed the light using Mike's method. I took a razor blade and went around the outer lining of glue to loosen that initially. Next I took a spark plug (using the ceramic side) and bashed a hole into the glass. From there I was able to yank pieces of glass out of the glue. I highly recommend gloves, because I cut myself doing this, but all is healed now. Like Mike and Irish have said, it made the led's more crisp and a stronger footprint was seen. I'd recommend it because you may as well maximize the intensity of your investment.

Good to see so many led/soil grows, as soil is my favorite way to raise these plants. To every man his own. My seedlings haven't taken off yet, so I can't really tell you what to expect w/ the 180w, but look around the forums and you'll find some great stuff!

Hope this helps.

~Peace~

That helps a LOT, thank you for all the good information :thumb:

It's nice to know my setup should work, especially after the time i put into it.

It took about five weeks until mine shipped. The site claims two to three weeks. After a couple of weeks I sent an email, he replied with some excuse and said it would ship in two weeks (four from date of order), but it took three more weeks until I received a tracking number.

Thanks for the info Stak. Makes me feel a bit better. Was worried it was just me.

Wanted to add real quick that I do EXTENSIVE research on almost anything I buy. I like to know exactly what I am getting. When I started researching LED's it became pretty obvious that GrowLEDHydro LED's were, and are, the best LED's on the market that I am aware of.

I could be wrong but I'm guessing that the wait in my order comes from the high demand for these LED's. My recommendation? Sounds like it may be a good idea to order these LED's in advance of when you need them. But I wouldn't buy elsewhere, Mike's LED's are the best. :slide:

Lol thanks volcom. I'm trying!

On one hand I want to send another email asking what the hold up is but on the other hand, I already did that 16 days ago and was told it'd be shipped in 7 days!

I don't want to bother anyone but man, I wish I could get a more reliable answer regarding when my lights will be shipped. It's hard to plan anything when I don't have the slightest idea.

If someone says it'll take 2 months for something to be shipped, I'm fine with that. It's when someone says it will take 2 weeks and THEN it takes 2 months where its not fine.

I miss the days when customer service was number 1 =/

thanks for telling me about the modified LST technique. I like the idea of pulling the bottom of the stem one direction and the top in another. I'm sure I'll find a use for that with some kind of crazy sativa. Most likely the Panther Puff when she gets a little bigger. In the mean time I'm just going to go ahead and clip more clones off the Dream Queen mommies.

and now the obligatory

:peacetwo:

thanks for telling me about the modified LST technique. I like the idea of pulling the bottom of the stem one direction and the top in another. I'm sure I'll find a use for that with some kind of crazy sativa. Most likely the Panther Puff when she gets a little bigger. In the mean time I'm just going to go ahead and clip more clones off the Dream Queen mommies.

and now the obligatory

:peacetwo:

No problem :thumb:

Think I'll join you on that :roorrip: !

Hey SoilGuy I'm really looking forward to your grow! I hope you get your light soon. I was wondering where did you get your carbon filter/fan setup at? I'm in need of one for my next grow and this one looks small enough to fit in my storage cabinet growbox.

Hey SoilGuy I'm really looking forward to your grow! I hope you get your light soon. I was wondering where did you get your carbon filter/fan setup at? I'm in need of one for my next grow and this one looks small enough to fit in my storage cabinet growbox.

Hey Jackel, thanks, I hope I get my light soon too. It feels like I've been waiting forever!

Im using a 4 inch Eco Plus Inline Duct Booster for my fan purchased through aghydroponics. Very speedy, great service

My carbon filter is a C.A.P. 4 inch Charcoal Fiber Filter purchased through HorticultureSource. Shipping was not the best, took a bit.

I'm very happy with the performance of both, however, I haven't had a light or stinky plants in there. Though, I have used my grow hut as a miniature smoke room and there was no smell throughout the house. Seems to be very efficient.

LIGHT UPDATE: After waiting past the 3rd due date for my lights I decided I couldn't wait any longer and contacted GLH again for an update. I was told my light will be sent out by the end of next week (now this week). I guess we'll see what happens. I'm trying to figure out at what point do I say enough is enough and look for other lights =/

I don't know what could be the hold up with the lights the site says there are 50 in stock. I've decided to get 1 of his 180w leds and a 2x2x5 tent as soon as I can get the money gonna order the light 1st since it seems it will take the most time to get. Have you thought about going ahead and starting the seeds with cfl's? It's probably what I would do. My last grow I did with 6 26w cfls. 2 diesel ryders I harvested 1 1/2 ounce

I don't know what could be the hold up with the lights the site says there are 50 in stock. I've decided to get 1 of his 180w leds and a 2x2x5 tent as soon as I can get the money gonna order the light 1st since it seems it will take the most time to get. Have you thought about going ahead and starting the seeds with cfl's? It's probably what I would do. My last grow I did with 6 26w cfls. 2 diesel ryders I harvested 1 1/2 ounce

Wow, I just checked and you are right. Last I saw it said 8.

I thought about starting them with the cfls but I'm holding off until I at LEAST have a tracking number for my LED's. If I had started these guys off with cfl's back when I first ordered my LED's I'd almost be finished by now:laughtwo:

I've no complaint with the CFLs yet:popcorn:

I've no complaint with the CFLs yet:popcorn:

Yea, I've heard lots of good things about CFLs, I just sorta wanted this grow to be LED so I could see the potential. Especially considering I just finished an all CFL grow ;)

Back
Top Bottom