Solar Flare 220

you are really looking mostly good. there's a ways to go with those pistils, and i think the plants are talking to you.

how's your temps ?

foxtail triggers on a combination of heat/light/nute stressors. judging on color and condition i'm guessing you're stressing it more on the heat/light side of the equation. you may want to ease off the light or add more circulation for the temps, or some of both.

foxtailing tosses loads of pistils and slows trichome and plant maturity forcing the grow to go long. in many instances the added flower length puts the grow in danger of a late hermie, particularly under high heat/light.

foxtailing is part of a last ditch effort of the plant to catch pollen and reproduce. hermies are also a reaction to the same stressors for the same reasons. it's a good sign to revisit or tweak the conditions you grow under.

i have foxtailed on a few occasions and have noticed the signs.

Good Morning All-

The smaller plant has foxtailed big time! Oh well it will smoke just the same. The other plant is doing fine but slowly getting close to chop. Im guessing by the end of the month they’re done

IMG_2990.jpeg

IMG_2989.jpeg

IMG_2988.jpeg

IMG_2987.jpeg

IMG_2986.jpeg
Ahhhh don't worry about the foxtails....it's fine it's fine it's fine 😂 think this way... When the foxtails spires dry out you have perfect shape and size nugs for rolling joints or blunts 😉.

You have a couple weeks at least before they are finished.... A lot of growers will say wait until "ALL PISTILS ARE BROWN AND CRINCKLED IN"... I however like a headier high so I personally chop as soon as I see most of the trichomes are milky white.... The pistils will brown and crinkle with drying process... And waiting for them all to change especially with foxtails, is basically just turning the awesome head high(THC) into a body high (cbn) due to the degrading of the trichomes.... Again this is how I DO IT...

And as far as any issues with the lady... My honest opinion is unless you have leaves literally falling off, plant wilting, or any other serious situation.... I would not drive myself nuts fixing a minor issue, especially when the plant is weeks from finish.... By the time you see a change it'll be time to chop....so a waste of time.... Again my opinion 😅... I just try to keep things as simple and stress free as absolute possible and a yellow leaf here or there or curled tips.... Is the least of the issues these plant can have.

Foxtails can cause confusion.
When they finish the final swell they will stop eating.
If they are still draining their pot they are still growing for you.
Are you tracking time between feeding?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I have noticed that they are not drinking as much as it takes time to drain so im thinking to chop soon

if the pots are light when you feed then keep at it.

Pots are still heavy when i feed them. Keep in mind I am using coco

shouldn't matter. they should still be eating it. usually in flower they go through it in a day in coco. i see you have hard sides which will slow it down though. how big are the pots ?

surprised they are not eating it all in that size. keep doing what you are as there is nothing wrong other than a little foxtailing.

They both have to come down by the end of April as me and wifey are heading to Florida on May 15th

might have to stretch it closer to the leaving date. have you been looking at trichomes at all ?
how long are you gone for ? there may be a couple strategies if you are pressed into harvesting closer to leaving.

I think it was caused by heat stress

didn't catch that.

add more circulation fan inside the grow space if possible. it is often all that is needed.
do you vent exhaust to outdoor ? it's a game changer if you can. normally on two plants i'm not that concerned, but my climate lets me get away with it.

Back
Top Bottom