Some Gear No Idea - First Grow Under CFLs & LED - Candida CBD Strain

Having my own mini crisis this morning with -3c outside! Doing everything I can to warm the shed up! Got it upto 20c think that's about as high as I'll get it! Only good thing is with cold temps is low humidity but that's no good if they freeze!

I've thrown my bigger 300W CFL in there instead of the 200W as it's cheaper on electric than the oil heater. Normally don't have to use the heater during the day but having to today.

Hopefully they'll be ok!

Having my own mini crisis this morning with -3c outside! Doing everything I can to warm the shed up! Got it upto 20c think that's about as high as I'll get it! Only good thing is with cold temps is low humidity but that's no good if they freeze!

I've thrown my bigger 300W CFL in there instead of the 200W as it's cheaper on electric than the oil heater. Normally don't have to use the heater during the day but having to today.

Hopefully they'll be ok!

I knoooooow! I feel for you mate. Had no idea you were in a shed!

Bit of cold does them good if you can keep that airflow going around them.

Are you "daytime" at night or other way round?

I knoooooow! I feel for you mate. Had no idea you were in a shed!

Bit of cold does them good if you can keep that airflow going around them.

Are you "daytime" at night or other way round?

Oh that's a relief long as it's not going to hurt them. Think at night it's going down to 15c but I keep the fans/exhaust and inlet on even at night so the airflow is still good. I have 2x 7" fans, 1-4" black orchid inlet fan, and then my exhaust.

My "night" is from 4pm till 4am, so the lights kick on fairly early. I was going to have them on 12am to 12pm but we're on a flight path and the helicopters make me paranoid. And they fly over most of the time after dark.

They seem to be ok, can't see there stressed, just me lol

Don't worry about the helicopters. Unless you've been grassed they can't fly about with the heat seekers on just trying to find grows. It's against privacy laws.

My pal bust case using it, they knew he had a big grow but they NEED evidence before they do anything. They can't break in and find it by accident (they will and did) but it f***** them in court as it's illegal for them to do so ;)

I don't even own a car anymore, was getting to the point that old bill were harassing me. Strip searches at the side of the road (illegal) Mrs Chro being pushed against the car and searched by male officers (illegal)

Then after three months of them not finding anything (nothing to find) they broke into my car and left a note saying my 'time was up, see you soon'

Don't trust them one f***** bit, they're the dirtiest people in the world.

Sorry rant over. I always get to the end of one and say "f*** em"

But the 15 is a magic number geez, stick with it, they'll be cool :)

Don't worry about the helicopters. Unless you've been grassed they can't fly about with the heat seekers on just trying to find grows. It's against privacy laws.

My pal bust case using it, they knew he had a big grow but they NEED evidence before they do anything. They can't break in and find it by accident (they will and did) but it f***** them in court as it's illegal for them to do so ;)

I don't even own a car anymore, was getting to the point that old bill were harassing me. Strip searches at the side of the road (illegal) Mrs Chro being pushed against the car and searched by male officers (illegal)

Then after three months of them not finding anything (nothing to find) they broke into my car and left a note saying my 'time was up, see you soon'

Don't trust them one f***** bit, they're the dirtiest people in the world.

Sorry rant over. I always get to the end of one and say "f*** em"

But the 15 is a magic number geez, stick with it, they'll be cool :)

Thanks bro that puts my mind at ease a bit. I thought they could just do it anywhere they liked which made me really freaked about it as we have quite a lot of them here.

I'd of rather had the tent in my place but we live in a 1-bed and it's a bit tight on space, and didn't want it stinking up everywhere.

Thankfully never had any issues with old bill but I think that was just more luck than anything else. Not through lack of trying haha ..

That's fucking well out of order they did that to you let alone your Mrs. I don't blame you for being angry, I'd of hit the roof.

Thanks bro that puts my mind at ease a bit. I thought they could just do it anywhere they liked which made me really freaked about it as we have quite a lot of them here.

I'd of rather had the tent in my place but we live in a 1-bed and it's a bit tight on space, and didn't want it stinking up everywhere.

Thankfully never had any issues with old bill but I think that was just more luck than anything else. Not through lack of trying haha ..

That's fucking well out of order they did that to you let alone your Mrs. I don't blame you for being angry, I'd of hit the roof.

Haha I'm not angry, quite the opposite. It makes me laugh everytime. Can't help it. Just keep calm and play the aspie card, I even do the Keyser Soze walk out of the station ;)

"If you're afraid, don't do it. If you're doing it, don't be afraid" Genghis Khan

Haha I'm not angry, quite the opposite. It makes me laugh everytime. Can't help it. Just keep calm and play the aspie card, I even do the Keyser Soze walk out of the station ;)

"If you're afraid, don't do it. If you're doing it, don't be afraid" Genghis Khan

Awesome quote. And completely your right "The enemy is fear. We think it's hate; but, it is fear" Gandhi

I have to say I like Billy Connolly more. I tend to get sarcasm more than "jokes". I think Jack Whitehall is hilarious in his stand up shows but his humour is very sarcastic. Alan partridge is funny to watch when stoned tho .

The Big Yin? Mate his stuff from the early nineties is classic. Is he still alive? Ain't seen him for ages...

Jack Whitehall smashes it, he gets the class divide thing so wrong but so right. Saw his Apollo thing the other night. The German flight and 'free' cheese strudel. We've all been there haven't we ;)

The Big Yin? Mate his stuff from the early nineties is classic. Is he still alive? Ain't seen him for ages...

Jack Whitehall smashes it, he gets the class divide thing so wrong but so right. Saw his Apollo thing the other night. The German flight and 'free' cheese strudel. We've all been there haven't we ;)

Haha yeh I like his early shows. I think he is retired now as poor guy got Parkinson's. He could use some of your product. Weed is meant to be a real help with Parkinson's. Seems to get all the great ones :( they say Robin Williams had it too.

Jack is just fucking hilarious. I watched the documentary he made whilst on holiday with his dad who makes Jack look like a regular guy. Jacks Dad is so far up the Tory parties ass I'm surprised he can breath! Least Jack can laugh at himself and posh tofts he grew up around. His jealousy grudge against Robert Pattison had me in stitches, as they went to school together. He makes his humour very relatable.

Quick ? Mate will this little light on my mini dehumidifier be ok in the tent with the plants when "lights off" as it's a green light?

420-magazine-mobile594936559.jpg

Quick ? Mate will this little light on my mini dehumidifier be ok in the tent with the plants when "lights off" as it's a green light?

420-magazine-mobile594936559.jpg

Should be ok, I try not to have any but doubt that will make a difference. Put a bit of tape over it just in case

Haha cool, it's always better to be safe than sorry. I always think that if there's something that keeps popping into your head about your garden then follow your gut instinct (I'd put money on it that you would have thought of the tape idea before lights out) it's like your bud senses are tingling ;)

Haha cool, it's always better to be safe than sorry. I always think that if there's something that keeps popping into your head about your garden then follow your gut instinct (I'd put money on it that you would have thought of the tape idea before lights out) it's like your bud senses are tingling ;)

Yeh I thought maybe tape it, just wasn't sure if the theory of green lighting not disturbing them was true. But think I'll not take the risk lol

Yeh I thought maybe tape it, just wasn't sure if the theory of green lighting not disturbing them was true. But think I'll not take the risk lol

There's a red light fishermen use at night to stop the glare blinding the fish, I used to use one of them if I had to go in there at night but try my utmost to keep the flap shut!

I've got a GAVITA EL1 controller that links up to the 600se light. The controller can be placed anywhere around the outside of the tent which is linked to the light. It shows what power the lights are running at against what they should be so you know if you're losing power. It's the safety features on the temperature monitor that I like most. If a fan or exhaust goes and the temp gets too high it automatically kills the power (sends an email or text if you want it too) and vice versa with a severe temperature drop. The ballasts are digital and connected to the light which cuts down on heat and bills.

It is a big initial outlay but the difference in yield, quality and safety makes all the difference. When I first started I got blown back trying to muck about with electrics (thought I was being safe running my own wires to a mini circuit board in the grow room. Didn't have youtube (might have but I didn't use it) just three of us staring at the Electrical Standards book ;)

Some Gear No Idea - First Grow Under CFLs & LED - Candida CBD Strain

Good luck tonight mate. Winter is Coming ;) enjoy your weekend

Been out there this evening to double check and temp is holding at 15c with lights off thankfully so think they'll be ok long as it doesn't get much colder!

That sounds like a amazing bit of kit there mate, and much needed if growing with HPS.

I've seen some fancy gadgets for growing. I have a thermostat controller for the heater so it's only on when needed but that's more to save money on heating lol

Will do some saving over the summer when I can grow outdoors and have some upgrades for next winter

You too mate have a good one ..

Now officially into week 4 of flower .. and there finally gaining some height to these colas! Pretty proud of both my girls there doing so well even with me as there career lol

God knows what's going on with our weather! Yesterday we had snow and temps of 2c at most & today it's back up to 7c with some rain! Starting to think growing outdoors even in summer would be much harder than doing it indoors where I can control there weather/light etc

Least with slightly warmer temps today I can let some fresh air into the shed which even tho my humidity is low today I like clean air to flow in as much as pos when it's not freezing

420-magazine-mobile685672539.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1275219185.jpg
420-magazine-mobile300792613.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1420346247.jpg

Back
Top Bottom