Candida CD-1

Hello Chris,
Sorry if I am being too inquisitive… But may I ask you what do you use your oils for, what conditions have used them against (successfully and less successfully)?
:ciao:

Hey Baya,

I hope you don't mind if I respond to your question to Chris but I may have some information you may be interesting in.
I have been on a high CBD strain (Cannatonic 14:1) since January of 2017 for Ankylosing Spondylitis and ulcerative colitis and by March, I was/am completely off all prescription drugs. With that result I suggested to a friend of mine who has Crohn's and has been on steroids and biologices for 2 years that he give it a try. He has been taking it for about 12 weeks and, as of today, he has been off steroids for 25 days and biologices for 42 days. Last weekend he ate a hamburger for the first time in over 4 years.

Like Chris, I infuse oil and prefer that over smoking for the same reasons that Chris stated. Although I usually make capsules from coconut oil but recently I made some with liquid coconut MCT oil to use as a tincture and I really enjoyed that!!!

H420

Hello,

@ DobeWan, @ Hobby420

thank you for taking the time to kindly answer my questions.

Your reports are amazing.

I am very pleased to read that your lives and/or the lives of the people you help have seen huge improvements by using CBD oils.

Again, all my apologies if I am being too curious. My aim is just to try to have a better understanding about the healing powers at work here. I can’t help but wonder about a few things.

How many times a day, and how many milligrams per serving do you, did you, ingest to get these conditions under control, and/or even cure them ?

Do the benefits you get from these oils are due to the fact that they are addressing the root cause(s) of the disease, or are they just easing soothing their symptoms, or both ?

This question may sound stupid (sorry)… Not only prescription drugs come with a long list of side effects, but when taken for years on end on a daily basis they eventually damage the kidneys and the liver. Does cannabis (as a medicine) when used in these conditions (daily for years) can permanently harm the liver, kidneys or other vital organs ?

Again, all my apologies if my questions are causing any discomfort or are off topic.

All my best wishes of health and happiness to you all.

:ciao:

How many times a day, and how many milligrams per serving do you, did you, ingest to get these conditions under control, and/or even cure them ?

Hey Baya,

These are great questions and, when I was looking into CBD as a possible treatment for my health issues, I researched these very same things. For your first question, the dosage will be different for each person and each issue. I am on 75 mg per day and taking infused coconut oil capsules 5 times a day. My friend, with Crohn's, is only taking 25 mg per day via MCT oil drops... 3 times a day.
Do the benefits you get from these oils are due to the fact that they are addressing the root cause(s) of the disease, or are they just easing soothing their symptoms, or both ?

Inflammation is the cause that is being treated in my friend's case but it is only half my issue. In my case, and probably why my dosage is so much larger, I am treating both the inflammation and the pain.

This question may sound stupid (sorry)... Not only prescription drugs come with a long list of side effects, but when taken for years on end on a daily basis they eventually damage the kidneys and the liver. Does cannabis (as a medicine) when used in these conditions (daily for years) can permanently harm the liver, kidneys or other vital organs ?
Again, nothing stupid about this question and in fact, this is one of the major factors of my going down the CBD path. For me, the drugs I was taking was interfering with my immune system, which they were designed to do. I simple scratch on my leg would take 6 week to heal and now, a similar injury takes about 6 days. As for the liver, this was starting to be a major concern as I was starting to get skin conditions that I never had before. CBD has a similar effect on the liver as does grapefruit. Look up P450 enzyme if you are not familiar. In short, it can lessen the benefit of other drugs being metabolized by the liver but there is no evidence that CBD causes liver issues.

CBD can cause a drop in blood pressure so that is something to keep in mind!

Now, the oils being infused have side effects that you need to know. Both coconut and olive oils have a blood thinning properties.... you need to be aware of the combo of low blood pressure and thinning blood!!!
H420

You guys are awesome

Such fantastic info passed between each other, and great info for me

Thanks all.... questions and answers are how we all learn about our medicinal usage, so allways ask @Baya

Hey Baya,

These are great questions and, when I was looking into CBD as a possible treatment for my health issues, I researched these very same things. For your first question, the dosage will be different for each person and each issue. I am on 75 mg per day and taking infused coconut oil capsules 5 times a day. My friend, with Crohn's, is only taking 25 mg per day via MCT oil drops... 3 times a day.

Inflammation is the cause that is being treated in my friend's case but it is only half my issue. In my case, and probably why my dosage is so much larger, I am treating both the inflammation and the pain.

Again, nothing stupid about this question and in fact, this is one of the major factors of my going down the CBD path. For me, the drugs I was taking was interfering with my immune system, which they were designed to do. I simple scratch on my leg would take 6 week to heal and now, a similar injury takes about 6 days. As for the liver, this was starting to be a major concern as I was starting to get skin conditions that I never had before. CBD has a similar effect on the liver as does grapefruit. Look up P450 enzyme if you are not familiar. In short, it can lessen the benefit of other drugs being metabolized by the liver but there is no evidence that CBD causes liver issues.

Now, the oils being infused have side effects that you need to know. Both coconut and olive oils have a blood thinning properties.... you need to be aware of the combo of low blood pressure and thinning blood!!!
H420

That's super helpful info Hobby thankyou.

Can I ask the 75MG dose, is that dried herb weight? Then infused into oil ?

My mother has low blood pressure already (something that I have aswell). Not too low but lower end of healthy.

The main things I'm hoping my plants will help with is my anxiety disorder (mainly caused because I'm Autistic), sleeping (although I intend on growing a slightly higher in THC plant to help more with sleep).

For my mother however it's treatment for chronic back,neck,shoulder pain caused by arthritis. She is on morphine based pain killers which I dread to think of the effects they have on organs.

This question may sound stupid (sorry)... Not only prescription drugs come with a long list of side effects, but when taken for years on end on a daily basis they eventually damage the kidneys and the liver. Does cannabis (as a medicine) when used in these conditions (daily for years) can permanently harm the liver, kidneys or other vital organs ?

Again, all my apologies if my questions are causing any discomfort or are off topic.

All my best wishes of health and happiness to you all.

:ciao:[/QUOTE]

Great question! It is important to remember that cannabis research is HIGHLY regulated and prohibited in many countries for human trial research. This causes a lot of issues when trying to figure out the issues and trade offs of crops and drugs (water consumption is high as a crop). If there is research done to answer all of the public's lovely questions and to speed up and strengthen the reasoning of the legalization of marijuana, it tends to be very limited in financial resources or underground and not overseen by an academic or medical board to ensure it isn't tampered and is able to be repeated. Right now we are able to see the benefits, but are hazey on the cons. Without intervention to solidify and advance the research, it will be very slow to move forward into the definite body changes created by cbd and cannabis in general. Fingers crossed the research is approved at a faster rate here soon!!

Hey Baya,

H420

Sorry meant to say what dried herb weight do you use to fuse into the oil to get that dose? So the ratio?

I am on 75 mg per day and taking infused coconut oil capsules 5 times a day. My friend, with Crohn's, is only taking 25 mg per day via MCT oil drops... 3 times a day.
H420

Hi Everyone, hello Hobby

Again, thank you for the detailed answers.

Though CBD owes part of its fame/reputation to its non-psychoactive nature, I can't help but wonder that when taken at high doses, like you do Hobby @ 75mg a day (split in 5 servings), if CBD induces any effect, non-psychoactive of course, but any form of alteration or any feeling or sensation due to the high dose ?

Can you tell us about your personal experience on this point, please ?

I was told that CBD potentiates what little THC your oil contains, and may therefore induce however little ""intoxication"" imputable to THC.

This question may in fact be quite tricky, for everyone reacts differently to a given product... It would also imply lab tests for accuracy, and take the entourage effect into account. A lot of variables at play to have a definite answer...

But basically, do high doses of CBD change anything in patients, other than the much sought after health benefits (ie: getting conditions under control).

Thank you.

Have a good day.

PS : just before posting this, I remembered reading on 420 Magazine that mixing liquid sunflower lecithin to your cannabis infused oils, greatly improves bio availability, but you may already know it :winkyface:

So sorry I've been gone for quite a long time, just wanted to give an update and show that my Candida is still alive and waiting to go into flower. She is 20 weeks old in VEG... yes i know....and then i will start the clock on flower, which won't be until the beginning of Jan :(
420-magazine-mobile783076907.jpg
420-magazine-mobile51230467.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1140606933.jpg

As you can see she has been prepared to go into flower for quite some time haha just been maintaining her same hair due and canopy. I took 2 clones from her and they are growing very well but 1 needs a repot.
420-magazine-mobile574201708.jpg

And the other 1
420-magazine-mobile110303773.jpg

I know they aren't great pics, just a quick update and proof they still live haha sorry y'all.

So sorry I've been gone for quite a long time, just wanted to give an update and show that my Candida is still alive and waiting to go into flower. She is 20 weeks old in VEG... yes i know....and then i will start the clock on flower, which won't be until the beginning of Jan :(
420-magazine-mobile783076907.jpg
420-magazine-mobile51230467.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1140606933.jpg

As you can see she has been prepared to go into flower for quite some time haha just been maintaining her same hair due and canopy. I took 2 clones from her and they are growing very well but 1 needs a repot.
420-magazine-mobile574201708.jpg

And the other 1
420-magazine-mobile110303773.jpg

I know they aren't great pics, just a quick update and proof they still live haha sorry y'all.

Wow she's going to be a big mamma when you let her go into flower . looking forward to seeing the results .

That's super helpful info Hobby thankyou.
Can I ask the 75MG dose, is that dried herb weight? Then infused into oil ?
One of the benefits of buying medical cannabis is the lab report. The stuff I had been buying was 14% CBD. The math is simple. 1 gram = 1000 mg so 14% is 140 mg of CBD per gram. When I make my oil, I use 10 grams of dried bud (which is 1400 mg of CBD) in 100 milligrams of oil. This results in approximately 14 mg of CBD in every 1 milligram of oil. Knowing that this is not perfect, I approximate that my oil consumption is around 75 mg of CBD per day.
My mother has low blood pressure already (something that I have as well). Not too low but lower end of healthy.
There is debate on why/how CBD drops blood pressure. It is known that CBD has a calming effect on people and the relaxed state can result in a lowering of ones blood pressure... from what I read, this is not a dramatic drop but one should monitor to see if it has that effect on you and your mom!
The main things I'm hoping my plants will help with is my anxiety disorder (mainly caused because I'm Autistic), sleeping (although I intend on growing a slightly higher in THC plant to help more with sleep).
For my mother however it's treatment for chronic back,neck,shoulder pain caused by arthritis. She is on morphine based pain killers which I dread to think of the effects they have on organs.
CBD stops the body from absorbing anandamide, one compound associated with regulating pain, thereby increasing levels of anandamide in the bloodstream which may reduce the amount of pain a person feels. CBD is thought to limit inflammation in the brain and nervous system, which may help people experiencing pain, insomnia, and certain immune-system responses. I find the pain relief takes a while to take affect and the relief is not the same as a narcotic because there is no buzz... just a slow decrease and/or numbing of the pain.

CBD affects CB1 receptors and it's thought that in doing so it alters serotonin signals. Serotonin is one of your body's chemicals that plays a role in your mental health and not having enough serotonin can cause anxiety in some people. I don't suffer from anxiety but I do experience a very calm feeling.

if sleep is an issue, you can make some fantastic sleeping capsules by over decarboxylating your bud. It works best with high THC bud but it will also work on the CBD bud too. When THC breaks down it turns into CBN which will turn out your lights :)
H420

Hi Everyone, hello Hobby

Though CBD owes part of its fame/reputation to its non-psychoactive nature, I can’t help but wonder that when taken at high doses, like you do Hobby @ 75mg a day (split in 5 servings), if CBD induces any effect, non-psychoactive of course, but any form of alteration or any feeling or sensation due to the high dose ?

Can you tell us about your personal experience on this point, please ?
I was told that CBD potentiates what little THC your oil contains, and may therefore induce however little “”intoxication”” imputable to THC.

This question may in fact be quite tricky, for everyone reacts differently to a given product... It would also imply lab tests for accuracy, and take the entourage effect into account. A lot of variables at play to have a definite answer…

Hey Baya,

I don't think 75 mg is a very large dose. If you work backwards, 1 gram of 14% CBD bud has about 140 mg of CBD so 75 mg is just a bit more than 1/2 gram of bud and most people smoke much more than that per day. When treating children with seizure disorders they will give 1mg of CBD per pound. One study found that a dose of 1200 mg did not have a negative affect. I did have an issue with a sedative affect with one batch but I let is decarb too long. Now that is with taking the oil but if I smoke the bud instead, I do get a buzz for a short period of time and then get a little sleepy.

You are very correct... everyone will have a different reaction and in fact, when you are ingesting, what you eat with the cannabinoid can cause the reaction to be different. If you eat a high fat meal with your edible, the effect will be substantially stronger. If you are high the BFI, the effect will last longer. Too many variables to give a definite answer.

PS : just before posting this, I remembered reading on 420 Magazine that mixing liquid sunflower lecithin to your cannabis infused oils, greatly improves bio availability, but you may already know it :winkyface:

I always put lecithin in my oils but I use soy lecithin. That said, many people have allergies to soy and the sunflower lecithin is recommended over soy but either will work. I simply can't find the sunflower lecithin where I live :-(

H420

One of the benefits of buying medical cannabis is the lab report. The stuff I had been buying was 14% CBD. The math is simple. 1 gram = 1000 mg so 14% is 140 mg of CBD per gram. When I make my oil, I use 10 grams of dried bud (which is 1400 mg of CBD) in 100 milligrams of oil. This results in approximately 14 mg of CBD in every 1 milligram of oil. Knowing that this is not perfect, I approximate that my oil consumption is around 75 mg of CBD per day.

There is debate on why/how CBD drops blood pressure. It is known that CBD has a calming effect on people and the relaxed state can result in a lowering of ones blood pressure... from what I read, this is not a dramatic drop but one should monitor to see if it has that effect on you and your mom!

CBD stops the body from absorbing anandamide, one compound associated with regulating pain, thereby increasing levels of anandamide in the bloodstream which may reduce the amount of pain a person feels. CBD is thought to limit inflammation in the brain and nervous system, which may help people experiencing pain, insomnia, and certain immune-system responses. I find the pain relief takes a while to take affect and the relief is not the same as a narcotic because there is no buzz... just a slow decrease and/or numbing of the pain.

CBD affects CB1 receptors and it's thought that in doing so it alters serotonin signals. Serotonin is one of your body's chemicals that plays a role in your mental health and not having enough serotonin can cause anxiety in some people. I don't suffer from anxiety but I do experience a very calm feeling.

if sleep is an issue, you can make some fantastic sleeping capsules by over decarboxylating your bud. It works best with high THC bud but it will also work on the CBD bud too. When THC breaks down it turns into CBN which will turn out your lights :)
H420

Hobby! Can't thankyou enough for explaining the dose. My mother is currently on 250mg strength CBD, taking about 3ml a day. So a fairly low amount.

Gradually increasing the amount of next month or so. So she has some tolerance for when my Candida is ready as they will be stronger than this hemp made oil.

She says even the small amount she's taking is helping the pain, she takes it at night so it helps her sleep without waking up in pain. I think my plants will help her a lot more.

Was looking into ways of testing at home and found these, there still out of my price range but given the tech and more accurate results at home they seem good value.

index

Hello,

Now that technology’s out there, in a few years’ time competition will eventually find a way to replicate this device and hopefully price will go down. How much down ? Still expensive… :biglaugh:

But I wish I had one :drool:

Does anyone know if this handheld device has the ability to carry out unlimited test counts/rounds ?

By the way, beautiful pics and promising plants aspiegeek.

Hello,

Now that technology's out there, in a few years' time competition will eventually find a way to replicate this device and hopefully price will go down. How much down ? Still expensive... :biglaugh:

But I wish I had one :drool:

Does anyone know if this handheld device has the ability to carry out unlimited test counts/rounds ?

They do look really kool and you can link them to your phone to view results of the tests via a app. I think they are unlimited and they appear to be portable too.

I'd really like one but just don't have €380 to spend. Although considering the tech I don't think that's a bad price for a bit of kit like that just not in my range.

Rethink it, if this tool can test limitless samples and is as precise as announced (Deviation of 0,05 percent), it might already be a good deal.

It can’t really be compared, but I believe a single actual lab test is about €35.

After watching the videos, to get an idea of the procedure, the only words that come to mind are amazing and amazingly simple too.

I still wonder how reliable and durable this device is, and if it has any maintenance cost.

Rethink it, if this tool can test limitless samples and is as precise as announced (Deviation of 0,05 percent), it might already be a good deal.

It can't really be compared, but I believe a single actual lab test is about €35.

After watching the videos, to get an idea of the procedure, the only words that come to mind are amazing and amazingly simple too.

I still wonder how reliable and durable this device is, and if it has any maintenance cost.

YouTube

YouTube

I agree it does look amazing. You can also download there app and link it to the device so you can record the data on your phone

I would think they warranty the device for a certain amount of time should it develop faults. Most companies do.

THC Detector VOC V8 by Andreas Krausshttps://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/thc-detector-voc-v8/id1082991644?mt=8

420-magazine-mobile571346163.jpg

Back
Top Bottom