Candida CD-1, Bright Light: A Community Grow Journal

Just a quick update. End of wk2 of flower and the pheno difference is obvious. The sati pheno was a little bushier then in the photo (taken after light defol). The Indi pheno didn't really shoot up just got bushy. Both plants don't really have a smell to them but we'll see as we get further into flower. I've taken clones from both so we'll see which is preferred after harvest.

IMG_20200611_25415.jpg

IMG_20200611_43503.jpg

IMG_20200604_220301.jpg

Hi all bit of an odd question here. I haven't grown too many high cbd strains (CD-1 is my second), so I was wondering if this is normal or anyone has seen something similar?

IMG_20200614_358.jpg

This is a close-up of the one of the forming buds on the indi pheno I have. To the naked eye it looks like a little bit of cotton wool (fluffy), but zooming in as you can see its quite odd. It also has a waxy feel to it but no residue, resin or oils are felt on the skin after touching it. I'm growing under a Cali lightworks led and both my sati and Indi CD-1s look like this so I thought it could be the light, but the other plants buds in the tent (blueberry cookie), look normal so I'm stumped. Is this just a high CBD trait?

Cheers

Thanks for dropping over Penny!

Yes, just some kind of genetic anomaly maybe. Will be interesting to see how it develop. Is it anywhere else on the plant?

Each developing flower looks like this across both phenos. Its very odd but will be interesting to see how it develops. If it turns out for the best I took some clones, but if it's not so favorable I've still got a few seeds so win win.

We are on cruise until the end. I'm hoping to chop in 3 weeks but "you can't always get what you want" - Rolling Stones
CD-1 Scrog2.jpg

CD-1 Flower 6202020.jpg

My clones are waiting to be moved to the flower area.
'
CD-1 Clones 6202020.jpg

Also, I have a little side project going. There is another CD-1 clone "in soil" that I have been spraying with CS for the last five days. Hoping to score some pollen I can apply to one of my other clones. This is my first attempt to reverse a plant. I'm using 60ppm CS I bought online. I'll be making my own next time. From my understanding the breeder of this strain is MIA and I want to keep this wonderful plant around for years to come. Wish me luck...

Caddie

We are on cruise until the end. I'm hoping to chop in 3 weeks but "you can't always get what you want" - Rolling Stones
CD-1 Scrog2.jpg

CD-1 Flower 6202020.jpg

My clones are waiting to be moved to the flower area.
'
CD-1 Clones 6202020.jpg

Also, I have a little side project going. There is another CD-1 clone "in soil" that I have been spraying with CS for the last five days. Hoping to score some pollen I can apply to one of my other clones. This is my first attempt to reverse a plant. I'm using 60ppm CS I bought online. I'll be making my own next time. From my understanding the breeder of this strain is MIA and I want to keep this wonderful plant around for years to come. Wish me luck...

Caddie
:goodluck: Indeed! That is a great idea!
Your garden is looking enviably productive I might add.
I’m still waiting for GA3 for the same reason. (3wks ex courier I think my vendor is resending now).
Naturally we all hope the breeders are ok, but covid is proving pretty merciless out there.
:green_heart:

I went back and forth trying to decide whIch light to buy. I was looking at the 5 daisies from Timber but ended up going with the qb from budgetled. The majority of my grows will be in a 2x4 area so the qb made more sense. After I ordered the light I won an sp3000 from MarsHydro. Now I have two lights that are perfect for a 2x4 scrog. Might have to set up my 5x5 and do a comparative with the new lights. Would be interesting to run six clones from the same mother using the same res and see which light rocks it out the best.

Another observation update that might be worth noting. My two are now in wk6 flowering and I have noticed that the bud structures are different between the 2 phenos. The Indi pheno has more squat compact flowers that have matured faster (first set of pistils have died off), while the sati pheno shows more whispy spear shaped flowers with the majority of the first pistils set kicking. There is also some red hues on the sati plant but no colour change for the indi yet.

IMG_20200709_220831.jpg. IMG_20200709_220713.jpg

IMG_20200709_220751.jpg. IMG_20200709_220737.jpg

:thumb:
Thanks bside-they’re both looking wonderful (the bits that aren’t pink ;) - I have trouble looking at pink light pics).

also some red hues on the sati plant but no colour change for the indi yet.
Excellent - I have noticed similar. The sativa type had some lovely purples towards the end.

thanks for dropping in with them bside!

Btw - pls send me the link to the side by side light thing :nerd-with-glasses: :nomo:

Back
Top Bottom